• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The argument that was given "It's never happened before and therefore won't happen in the future" is a logical fallacy known as an appeal to tradition. So no, it wasn't, and never will be.

Also as noted above the "developing a game for something that didn't sell anything yet" makes pretty much no sense, consoles without games don't sell. Saying that just indicates a vicious cycle of consoles never selling, because no games are on them and no progress or moving forward, which obviously isn't the case. Luigi's Mansion was in development before the Gamecube sold anything. Same goes for any launch title ever, as well as many non-launch titles.
You guys don't remember the Wii u? Developers didn't release games already made because the Wii u had such bad sales,it's library was 90 percent 1st party because nobody else would develop for it.

Yeah there's Pokken,a ported arcade game.

Your talking about making a main series game for a new console when its predecessor is the biggest console flop since what the Dreamcast?

That's horrible business sense,if GF is heading that stupid of a direction I wouldn't wanna play the train wreck of the game that would come out on switch.

Weigh our options make a game for a new console,or make one for the best selling game system out there with the biggest install base...Tough choice.

Maybe,maybe you see a port of SM if the switch moves a couple million units next year but not a new "stars" game just for it.

It's great to wish but extremely naive to believe it's happening.

The argument that they could or might holds no weight,you have to look at their history and what makes sense,I mean they could put stars on PS4,I mean they've never done that right?
Makes more sense than a switch game

You guys don't remember the Wii u? Developers didn't release games already made because the Wii u had such bad sales,it's library was 90 percent 1st party because nobody else would develop for it.

Yeah there's Pokken,a ported arcade game.

Your talking about making a main series game for a new console when its predecessor is the biggest console flop since what the Dreamcast?

That's horrible business sense,if GF is heading that stupid of a direction I wouldn't wanna play the train wreck of the game that would come out on switch.

Weigh our options make a game for a new console,or make one for the best selling game system out there with the biggest install base...Tough choice.

Maybe,maybe you see a port of SM if the switch moves a couple million units next year but not a new "stars" game just for it.

The argument that they could or might holds no weight,you have to look at their history and what makes sense,I mean they could put stars on PS4,I mean they've never done that right?
The Wii U failed in part because the library out the gate was very narrow, and because the marketing was unclear and confusing. Games sell consoles. Would you buy a console with no games? Would anyone?

How is being on the Switch an automatic indicator of a train wreck?

Also, remember, Nintendo is practically Game Freak's boss when it comes to Pokémon. They're the publisher, they're not giving their competition a boost like that. While on the flipside, they want to sell their shiny new hybrid. Stars could be an easy way to move those Switch units off shelves and let GF test Switch hardware for Gen VIII.

Honestly you need to factor the one thing Nintendo needs to sell more than any other thing next year. Their top priority is making the Switch a success. It has to be. They want to stay in the console market. And to do that, they need to sell this thing.

The Wii U failed in part because the library out the gate was very narrow, and because the marketing was unclear and confusing. Games sell consoles. Would you buy a console with no games? Would anyone?

How is being on the Switch an automatic indicator of a train wreck?

Also, remember, Nintendo is practically Game Freak's boss when it comes to Pokémon. They're the publisher, they're not giving their competition a boost like that. While on the flipside, they want to sell their shiny new hybrid. Stars could be an easy way to move those Switch units off shelves and let GF test Switch hardware for Gen VIII.

Honestly you need to factor the one thing Nintendo needs to sell more than any other thing next year. Their top priority is making the Switch a success. It has to be. They want to stay in the console market. And to do that, they need to sell this thing.
Nintendo isn't gamefreaks boss,they can take pokemon anywhere they want to.

Yes games do sell consoles,in fact right now the Wii u had a fantastic lineup but it still didn't help it.

I used the term train wreck meaning if they are right now developing a game for switch as opposed to the 3ds their showing such bad judgment that the game would be bad as well.

Everyone has an opinion,mine is based off logic and common sense of gamefreaks here to make money not fulfill fans desires.

The Wii was a huge seller if they didn't do a full console game then,they probably won't for a brand new console that's a desperation move on Nintendo's part.

1. If you don't want to, don't buy it. It isn't fake if YOU think that it is fake. People thought that the starter concept art was fake (including me). See how that turned out.
2. It ISN'T naive. Please don't judge people based on what they believe.
3. If we can disregard anything not in history, then explain why did we get Mega Evolutions, and Trials.

1. If you don't want to, don't buy it. It isn't fake if YOU think that it is fake. People thought that the starter concept art was fake (including me). See how that turned out.
2. It ISN'T naive. Please don't judge people based on what they believe.
3. If we can disregard anything not in history, then explain why did we get Mega Evolutions, and Trials.
How are you comparing mega evolutions and releasing a main series game on a console?

I never said they wouldn't do anything new in game,I said I don't believe theyre are right now developing stars for switch.

Calling an opinion naive isn't judging a person, its judging an opinion,there's a difference.

I might not agree with you but that don't mean I dislike you.

I don't know how long you've followed pokemon but it'd take awhile to go thru all the rumors that have been fake.

Like Nintendo developing a main series game for a console that turned into coliseum.

I know you can only take GF's word at face value but they've said in interview they're gonna see how switch does and then decide on Pokemons future on it

How are you comparing mega evolutions and releasing a main series game on a console?

I never said they wouldn't do anything new in game,I said I don't believe theyre are right now developing stars for switch.

Calling an opinion naive isn't judging a person, its judging an opinion,there's a difference.

I might not agree with you but that don't mean I dislike you.

I don't know how long you've followed pokemon but it'd take awhile to go thru all the rumors that have been fake.

Like Nintendo developing a main series game for a console that turned into coliseum.

I know you can only take GF's word at face value but they've said in interview they're gonna see how switch does and then decide on Pokemons future on it

Please get your facts straight. Switch is NOT a console, it is a Console-Handheld HYBRID/FUSION.

Anyway, just imagine if Stars includes Kanto as a sequel for it and Johto and Sevii Islands! Now that would be too much, but it would be cool if they can make it work well.

Or rather just flesh out Alola more. And we can see Kanto sequels later with Johto also fleshed out and the Sevii Islands as a postgame area.

Retconning new Alola forms into the Dex is something that might not go over well. What if people like those Pokemon and they replace them? It'd be better to add Alola forms of Pokemon that didn't appear in the original Alola Dex instead of replacing regular forms with Alola forms.

They could just trade the original form over, then?

I honestly doubt it'll happen, but it is something that's possible because of the whole multiverse thing, and I was just pointing that out.

I didn't forget that line at all. I was going off of the Riddler's list of possible Alolan Forms.

The Paras and Tentacool lines are already found in Alola, though, so I don't really see why follow that list still and exclude the Dratini line just because the riddler excluded them.

Lol if it hooks up to a TV it's a console.

While that's true, it should be pointed out that one can play the Switch as just a handheld.

I doubt they'd make a handheld-only console that's completely separate from the Switch, as they'd then be competing with themselves. It should also be mentioned that because of the Switch, they don't have to make two versions of the same game now (ex. two 3D Mario games, one for 3DS and one for Wii U).

Anyway, just imagine if Stars includes Kanto as a sequel for it and Johto and Sevii Islands! Now that would be too much, but it would be cool if they can make it work well.

Or rather just flesh out Alola more. And we can see Kanto sequels later with Johto also fleshed out and the Sevii Islands as a postgame area.
I know it's speculation, but I think Star will take place in Alola region, and I think having another Kanto is forced, I mean we don't need another kanto on our throat, I know it's the 20th anniversary, but we have some many kanto stuff as usual, sure we'll see Kanto sequel in the future, but I don''t see it happening in Stars
There is like 500 Pokemon that aren't in the Alola Dex, and older Pokemon being added to the regional dex has been done before in BW2.
I hope we'll get 500 pokemon and bring back the national pokedex
It's probably just 20+ Megas/Alola forms.
Maybe we'll might get either new megas or alola formes, but I doubt we'll get 20 new pokemon
Sure, most of the Pokemon are already in the Alola region in Sun/Moon, but that doesn't stop them from taking advantage of the multiverse thing.
You're GF trying to change thing up?

They could just trade the original form over, then?

I honestly doubt it'll happen, but it is something that's possible because of the whole multiverse thing, and I was just pointing that out.

They'd probably have to Bank it over, it's unlikely you'll be able to directly trade between SM and Stars because of the console gap.

Isn't the national dex coming out as soon as the Pokebabk updates? Can't wait to see what disturbing new Pokedex entries we'll see.

Yeah, Bank's getting the National Dex when the update hits.

Though that does make me wonder... How will Bank handle dex entries, since it'll be able to connect with 9 games? And how will the battle-only forms, or forms that can't be in the PC/Bank be handled? There's about 100 forms that are in those two categories.

Though that does make me wonder... How will Bank handle dex entries, since it'll be able to connect with 9 games? And how will the battle-only forms, or forms that can't be in the PC/Bank be handled? There's about 100 forms that are in those two categories.

I think it depend son one thing. Can you access bank without a Pokemon game to select. If not then the answer might be as simple as as using the dex entries of the Destination games.

Isn't the national dex coming out as soon as the Pokebabk updates? Can't wait to see what disturbing new Pokedex entries we'll see.
They are having new Pokedex entries? As in, not a repeated old one?

Man, I want new dex entries so bad.

I think the bank just handles the Pokemons coding and each games Pokedex entry just becomes active when it has that Pokemons code registered in game

TBH I'd rather they go for that (and "twilight") for that reason alone. I want people to look at those words and think of something that's actually of decent quality for a change (besides a certain pony).

And there's also Berserk. I don't think there's anything topping that Eclipse, at least in terms of emotional impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom