• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why would people want to buy an expensive new console for a game that's already on the 3DS?

People who don't have a 3DS, people who only play console games, people who have bought all the other third versions too, people who want to play Pokémon on a big screen, people who will buy the console anyway for the other games on it, people that didn't buy Sun/Moon because they're waiting on a (better) third version, etc.

Believe me, Pokémon on the Switch will not be unpopular if they do it right (fix the lags, make it so it looks pretty on a big screen, etc). And if it has extra content, like third versions mostly do, and especially if it has following Pokémon back (as is suggested by some walking Pokémon models found), there will be lots of people lining up to get this.

If they put pokemon on switch they'd have to drastically step their game up.

If switch can handle Skyrim then it can handle an epicly huge pokemon game.

Just porting a game over or putting a 3ds quality game on a console isn't good enough.

Could you imagine if a Pokemon switch game sold the numbers a call of duty does or a GTA with festival plaza as its internet hub? There'd be crazy backlash.

If I'm paying console money I don't want 3ds quality,heck SM is bad 3ds quality.

But I'd love a console game done right,it'd be the ultimate Pokemon fans fantasy game

If they put pokemon on switch they'd have to drastically step their game up.

If switch can handle Skyrim then it can handle an epicly huge pokemon game.

Just porting a game over or putting a 3ds quality game on a console isn't good enough.

Could you imagine if a Pokemon switch game sold the numbers a call of duty does or a GTA with festival plaza as its internet hub? There'd be crazy backlash.

If I'm paying console money I don't want 3ds quality,heck SM is bad 3ds quality.

But I'd love a console game done right,it'd be the ultimate Pokemon fans fantasy game

It isn't confirmed if Stars is a 3DS Level game. For all you know, it could be rather epic. And expect the game to be in the middle of handheld or console, since Switch it both a handheld and a console. You can't force people to play a console game in the handheld mode.

The biggest problem I think is the cost of the Nintendo device.
Console - 350$
Pokémon - 40$
Some additional fees
Total - 400$

I am not rich. I dunno how I will do for Gen VIII.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

The biggest problem I think is the cost of the Nintendo device.
Console - 350$
Pokémon - 40$
Some additional fees
Total - 400$

I am not rich. I dunno how I will do for Gen VIII.

Let's do the math for a new Pokemon fan who needs to play Sun and Moon (Ex. Me. Since I'm looking to buy a 3DS to play S&M.

Handheld Cost: 340$ (I don't know the standard price. I just converted the price of a New 3DS XL I found on amazon, Galaxy Style)
Pokemon Game: 40$

So, I arrive at a total similar to yours, and I'm not rich, either.

What I meant to say is that, to play SM, you need to buy a 3DS, in the same way as to Play Stars, you need to buy a Switch.

Rumors are switch games will be $60 not $40

Let's do the math for a new Pokemon fan who needs to play Sun and Moon (Ex. Me. Since I'm looking to buy a 3DS to play S&M.

Handheld Cost: 340$ (I don't know the standard price. I just converted the price of a New 3DS XL I found on amazon, Galaxy Style)

What I meant to say is that, to play SM, you need to buy a 3DS, in the same way as to Play Stars, you need to buy a Switch.
At least, SM works on a 2DS, which costs less than a 3DS.
Nintendo's devices cost so much.

So we know something Pokemon-related is coming to the Switch but I still doubt it's an actual 3rd version, not yet at least. SM were released merely 2 months ago, announcing an updated version so soon makes zero sense. At best I can see them releasing a direct port of SM with no upgrades other than graphics/performance or a spin-off game.

So does a PS4 and a Xbox1. If you want a lower price, its best to wait for the price drop, similar to what the 2DS is to the 3DS.
A company like Nintendo has to deliver A-quality games and consoles. Introducing new consoles is a huge part of that, mainly for them not losing focus of their target audience. This is one of the reasons why the WII U partially failed: there was so much emphasis on first party games, the gap between release dates was simply to big, which caused fans to lose interest. They simply cannot keep making games for their current console and handheld because, sooner or later, their tech will be outdated.

Last edited:
About Nintendo devices being expensive:

1) Xbox and PS consoles are way more expensive, Nintendo actually has the cheapest ones.

2) That hasn't stopped people from buying a console before and it won't now.

Not everyone has the money to buy it, yes. But game companies don't care about those people, they only care about those that do. And there's loads of people that do. And even more people will buy it if there's a Pokémon game on it.

Anyways, there's no official source saying there will be a Pokémon Stars.

I think Switch better wait for Gen VIII.

And better
⚽

When I said that you need to buy a 3DS, @QueenEevee put forth the arguement that 2DS is a cheaper alternative...
So, I can say that 3DS is much better than the 2DS, directly dismissing QueenEevee's arguement.

So does a PS4 and a Xbox1. If you want a lower price, its best to wait for the price drop, similar to what the 2DS is to the 3DS.
A company like Nintendo has to deliver A-quality games and consoles. Introducing new consoles is a huge part of that, mainly for them not losing focus of their target audience. This is one of the reasons why the WII U partially failed: there was so much emphasis on first party games, the gap between release dates was simply to big, which caused fans to lose interest. They simply cannot keep making games for their current console and handheld because, sooner or later, their tech will be outdated.
It wasn't that there was emphasis on first party games as much as people refused to make games for Wii u.

I'm huge fan of Wii u an imo was the only current gen console that really innovated,ps4 and xbox1 are more graphics less innovation,at least at first VR is innovative now.

You hear the word innovative thrown around alot in gamer community but the Wii u proved people don't really want innovation,if they did the Wii u would be king right now.

They just want power and graphics,which is a real shame,the Wii u was special and under utilized

So we know something Pokemon-related is coming to the Switch but I still doubt it's an actual 3rd version, not yet at least. SM were released merely 2 months ago, announcing an updated version so soon makes zero sense. At best I can see them releasing a direct port of SM with no upgrades other than graphics/performance or a spin-off game.
I actually really really want Stars to be more like Pokemon Battle Revolution, but with all the plot and main story line of the RPG of a standard 3rd version.
Then it's like we can "have it all".
I really loved Pokemon Battle Revolution, it's sad that they didn't make anything like that for the Wii U.

Back
Top Bottom