• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It wasn't that there was emphasis on first party games as much as people refused to make games for Wii u.

I'm huge fan of Wii u an imo was the only current gen console that really innovated,ps4 and xbox1 are more graphics less innovation,at least at first VR is innovative now.

You hear the word innovative thrown around alot in gamer community but the Wii u proved people don't really want innovation,if they did the Wii u would be king right now.

They just want power and graphics,which is a real shame,the Wii u was special and under utilized
That's most definitely true. But that leaves Nintendo with putting more focus on their own games because those sell better. You can look at it either way I guess.

I agree with the rest of your post though. I don't think the Wii U is a bad system, I think it just had bad timing with general taste in gaming and the console war between PS and Xbox.

That's most definitely true. But that leaves Nintendo with putting more focus on their own games because those sell better. You can look at it either way I guess.

I agree with the rest of your post though. I don't think the Wii U is a bad system, I think it just had bad timing with general taste in gaming and the console war between PS and Xbox.

More than bad timing. It was too gimmicky, the marketing was too non existent, the games were average, the library was too small and no 3rd party. It was beaten on all ends. It wasn't a bad Console in terms of playing but it was a bad Console compared to competition.

More than bad timing. It was too gimmicky, the marketing was too non existent, the games were average, the library was too small and no 3rd party. It was beaten on all ends. It wasn't a bad Console in terms of playing but it was a bad Console compared to competition.
I think at its end it's has a fantastic Library,small but nearly every game is top notch.

The 3rd party developers abandoning it was a shame and imo an indictment on them.

I own a ps4 and it's great but honestly there's no real difference in most games,call of duty or division, different games basically the same, neither has anything on splatoon for sheet creativity and a new gameplay experience.

If all these big 3rd party publishers took the time to make a Wii u game it would have shown creativity and diversity.

Not to mention it's easier and faster to produce for Wii u,most games on PS4,xbox1 take what 7 years and multimillions to produce and alot are just the same.

It's just a shame

The 3rd party abandonment is a big thing that hurt the Wii U, and I think people these days want less gimmicky consoles. The Switch doesn't seem so gimmicky, control-wise or anything, and they seem to have gotten back that 3rd party support. With this, and hopefully a strong launch lineup, the Switch should hopefully do better than the Wii U. Also, I thought the Wii U did have a pretty good lineup of games.

I think at its end it's has a fantastic Library,small but nearly every game is top notch.

The 3rd party developers abandoning it was a shame and imo an indictment on them.

I own a ps4 and it's great but honestly there's no real difference in most games,call of duty or division, different games basically the same, neither has anything on splatoon for sheet creativity and a new gameplay experience.

If all these big 3rd party publishers took the time to make a Wii u game it would have shown creativity and diversity.

Not to mention it's easier and faster to produce for Wii u,most games on PS4,xbox1 take what 7 years and multimillions to produce and alot are just the same.

It's just a shame

Okay ummm like you do know that Nintendo made it really difficult for 3rd party, right? They wanted a certain image, were behind in tech, resistant to change their values and just made it restrictive. Why work with that lack of freedom when you can push the envelope with Sony and Microsoft? So it is not an indictment on them. It's on Nintendo.

Also if you have a PS4 and can't see the big, varied library then maybe you should expand your libary. While Splatoon is a unique game I mean most of Nintendo throughout time has been similar types of games. You will always get a LoZ game, a Mario Kart, a Mario Sports game, a Mario Party, a Super Smash game and one of many of the Super Mario Platformer games. So to give that criticism to Playstation and not to Nintendo is a bit ridiculous.

Easier and faster doesn't mean better. I don't know how you thought it would be because a lot of easier and faster made games are usually poorly made. Also what are your sources on this? Actual sources or was this a rough estimate by using a massive hyperbole to try to make Nintendo look amazing in something that is not that good to look great in.

Also the lack of advertising hurt them badly, really badly. Sony and Microsoft promote the heck out of their consoles and it paid dividends. I mean price points are not going to win people over all the type. Brand promotion comes first. Look in plain facts the Wii U was bad compared to its competition. People might have enjoyed it yeah but all in all it was a flop. Switch needs to have a Pokemon game ASAP to firstly get it going and secondly mask any flaws that the console has by having a console Pokemon game.

Technically, that GameStop comment can even apply to spinoffs, considering the bulk of them (including Mystery Dungeon and Ranger) are exclusive to handhelds and the only Pokemon console spinoffs are either Stadium games or extremely gimmicky.

Technically, that GameStop comment can even apply to spinoffs, considering the bulk of them (including Mystery Dungeon and Ranger) are exclusive to handhelds and the only Pokemon console spinoffs are either Stadium games or extremely gimmicky.
What do you mean by "extremely gimmicky"?

@VelVoxelRaptor This is what i'm implying about expanding both Alola and Kalos story for Pokemon Stars, Which would be a good idea, because Kalos felt left out without third game or sequel too, but the only thing kept hearing is people want to go to kanto instead (Which is tiresome)

Maybe we'll use the sundial of Anistar and a new moondial of Alola to transport between Kalos and Alola?

Not very likely though, as we could ALWAYS play spin off titles on Nintendo consoles. They wouldn't bother bringing that up just to refer to spin off titles.

A better argument would have been that Gamestop technically never referred to WHEN a Pokémon title will come to the switch, and could have just spoken about the main series in general, and not specifically Pokémon Stars, as it is almost a given at this point that the future of Pokémon will be on Nintendo Switch. Even that argument is pushing it though, as it would be a bad move on Gamestop's end to say something like that unless they were absolutely certain.

@VelVoxelRaptor This is what i'm implying about expanding both Alola and Kalos story for Pokemon Stars, Which would be a good idea, because Kalos felt left out without third game or sequel too, but the only thing kept hearing is people want to go to kanto instead (Which is tiresome)

To be honest, I have seen more people here that would rather not return to Kanto.

I hope the Sinnoh remakes would be available on the 3DS. I would rather wait for Gen VIII to buy a Switch.
Maybe Game Freak can make the remakes work on both the 3DS and the Switch.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I hope the Sinnoh remakes would be available on the 3DS. I would rather wait for Gen VIII to buy a Switch.
Maybe Game Freak can make the remakes work on both the 3DS and the Switch.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
I prefer DP remake on Switch since Stars is going to be switch exclusive, but for DP remake they could go both way (3DS and Switch) or one way (3DS or Switch)

Back
Top Bottom