• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we all keep bandying those magic words around, but the first episode is not a complete story in and of itself. It would be bizarre (dare I suggest impossible?) to turn that 22-minute-long introduction into a feature film without including elements from at least episode 2.

Well he said 1st episode, but your right, though Misty still did appear none the less.

I don't know how they could possibly write an hour and a half to two hour movie about a single 20-22 minute episode and have it be both fresh and entertaining

I know we all keep bandying those magic words around, but the first episode is not a complete story in and of itself. It would be bizarre (dare I suggest impossible?) to turn that 22-minute-long introduction into a feature film without including elements from at least episode 2.

Make the plot different somehow? Add more details about Ash's past? Be creative and not copy the entire episode scene-by-scene, line-by-line? Be flexible on how they want to play the nostalgia card and add some new things instead of simply showing what most fans already know?

That's all well and good but they still can't end the movie with a cliffhanger.

EP002 ends on a cliffhanger as well, iirc. If I had to put my money on it it'll at least cover through EP005 as that was when the main cast was complete. Unless they're really changing the story up here, it'd be weird for the nostalgia grab not to include all of the nostalgic characters.

Just as well it's nearly February or I'd have burst an aneurysm for sure.

Two weeks until CoroCoro gets leaked.

Traditionally, February is when a mythical is added to the title, but I just don't see that happening here.

I dunno,
Ho-Oh! Kimi ni kimeta!
has a nice ring to it.

Wouldn't that imply Ash catching Ho-Oh?

And since Ho-Oh is already on the poster, I'd think they wouldn't wait two months to add its name to the title.

Be a creative twist if he did, wouldn't it?
Would be nice, but it's probably not happening

I feel like this movie will solve a lot of anime holes. I believe it may have many former travel companions and Pokemon, and how they were around as Ash's character developed. It's also probably going to solve Ash's true age, as well as maybe seeing what happens to some Pokemon Ash releases. Overall, it would be a nice nostalgia trip... if those happens, and not throwing some stupid legendary battle that was pointless (I'm looking at you Clash of Ages)

It's also probably going to solve Ash's true age, as well as maybe seeing what happens to some Pokemon Ash releases.
You can't really believe that either of these things will happen... surely?

Have you been watching SM?
Up to the pancake race. He's done the Normal trial and fought and beat Hala, which kinda proves he's 11, if we abide with the rules of the games. Plus he seemed much older and slightly mature in XY, so it would make sense that he isn't 10.

But that's just what you have inferred, not what they have implied.

Up to the pancake race. He's done the Normal trial and fought and beat Hala, which kinda proves he's 11, if we abide with the rules of the games. Plus he seemed much older and slightly mature in XY, so it would make sense that he isn't 10.

One of the XY movie websites stated Ash is still 10, though.

Aside from that, we shouldn't be following the rules from the games. They're two different canons. The anime has made no mention of having to be 11 (and iirc, one of the people who helped worked on it said he's still 10), so he's 10 unless stated otherwise.

Aside from that, we shouldn't be following the rules from the games. They're two different canons. The anime has made no mention of having to be 11 (and iirc, one of the people who helped worked on it said he's still 10), so he's 10 unless stated otherwise.
Yeah his design was made like this for SM so that he looks like 10, they outright said this in a tweet.

Which is what we need in the 20th movie. And I said if they abide to the rules, which they occasionally do, I know anime physics is weird.

Yeah his design was made like this for SM so that he looks like 10, they outright said this in a tweet.
Dang it. Tweet proof?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom