• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM014: The Crystal of Courage, Lilie and Rokon!

I'm glad that there was a personality difference between the two Vulpix and that Lillie's warmed up to the other Pokemon (no pun intended) by the end of the episode. I'm also glad that the normal Vulpix will seemingly stay around.

Crystal Of Courage

Academy Award winner for Most Cutest Episode ever. Also Jessie died at the end.

Plus Lillie might have beaten her fear of Pokémon now, if so than this series must surely be running on rocket fuel. I mean, Rockruff COULD be evolving tomorrow. Or I might be a naughty liar and I haven't watched the preview, who knows?

Crystal Of Courage

Academy Award winner for Most Cutest Episode ever. Also Jessie died at the end.

Plus Lillie might have beaten her fear of Pokémon now, if so than this series must surely be running on rocket fuel. I mean, Rockruff COULD be evolving tomorrow. Or I might be a naughty liar and I haven't watched the preview, who knows?
Well, I think Lillie was still scared by Togedemaru at the end. So, she at least isn't scared to touch her Vulpix. And that is progress. Also, that Jessie and Bewear scene was funny and I'm glad that Bewear one of the members of Team Rocket tightly, instead of just carrying them.

They didn't bother to update the opening for this episode yet. I guess it'll be changed in the next episode that will happen in two weeks. This episode was really cute, I have to say.

I was not expecting her to catch Vulpix. I thought it would just follow her around. But dang, this was one deep episode.

• Where is the Crystal?
  • Sorry but Shiron is OP.
  • Musashi X Kiteruguma is confirmed, Rocketshipping is officially dead.
  • I'm kinda disappointed with the conclusion of Lillie's fear of pokemon subplot. I was hoping she's unable to touch them because of UBs.
  • Mao is always trying to be Lillie's mother.

Last edited:
  • Where is the Crystal?
  • Sorry but Shiron is OP.
  • Musashi X Kiteruguma is confirmed, Rocketshipping is officially dead.
  • I'm kinda disappointed with the conclusion of Lillie's fear of pokemon subplot. I was hoping she's unable to touch them because of UBs.
  • Mao is always trying to be Lillie's mother.

Might be a ice reference. Though that does open up the Dub Title for better status

That's taking inspiration from baby mons of the Pre-Unovan seasons. Enjoy!

She still fears them, she just is comfortable around Shiron. I'd say having a Pokemon grab her and let go might solve the problem, but the only mons Ash has that could do that without risking injury to themselves or Lillie are the ones with Vine Whip....and that creates its own problems if Ash has Lillie restrained by vines for therapy reasons.

Given who her mother is, Ash would be a better mother and good on Mallow for trying.

Is Ash ever going to "finish" school and just get on with an adventure similar to that of the games' storyline?
Might not be till next season. Could be wrong since this series is pulling more rabbits out of it's hat than any magician.

That's taking inspiration from baby mons of the Pre-Unovan seasons.
You mean Togepi? Never was a fan of it.
She still fears them, she just is comfortable around Shiron.
Still, she's not unable to touch them.
I'd say having a Pokemon grab her and let go might solve the problem, but the only mons Ash has that could do that without risking injury to themselves or Lillie are the ones with Vine Whip....and that creates its own problems if Ash has Lillie restrained by vines for therapy reasons.
This is not /vp/!!!!

Well she might, if she's afraid of Togedemaru touching her, she might not be able to touch it yet. Maybe because unlike Shiron, she doesn't have a motherly connection to it.

You mean Togepi? Never was a fan of it.

This is not /vp/!!!!

I was thinking Ash's Phanpy, May's Eevee, Brock's Happiny, and Dawn's Cyndaquil vs Scraggy and Noibat.

It seemed to me too that Lilie is only able to touch Shiron due to feeling a connection to it. She still fears touching Pokemon overall.

Also, Musashi is dead. Given what we've learned about Kiteruguma's hugs there's no way she could have survived that. I did like that Team Rocket are trying to properly befriend it though, presumable to help them capture it (since they've made clear their intention to do that).

Also, Musashi is dead. Given what we've learned about Kiteruguma's hugs there's no way she could have survived that. I did like that Team Rocket are trying to properly befriend it though, presumable to help them capture it (since they've made clear their intention to do that).
Then again Meowth died a few episodes before but his spirit came back so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Might not be till next season. Could be wrong since this series is pulling more rabbits out of it's hat than any magician.

While other series have generally followed the same story as the games in the past, I'm really perplexed as to what is going on. I'd like to see Ash and whoever he ultimately "travels" with go on the rest of the island trials.

Or at least introduce Hau, I think he's my favorite character from the games -_-

This is a cute episode, I like how both Vulpix and the Alolan Vulpix have different personalities. One is outgoing while the other is a bit shy and rather be with Lillie. Lillie is starting to finally to be able to touch Pokemon, but so far she can only touch Shiron (her newly hatch Alolan Vulpix) and still can't touch other Pokemon, but she's slowly getting there.

The end where Bewear is hugging Jessie, the ending part of the scene kind of creeps me out.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom