• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Oh hail glorious URL that actually exists.
I was obviously testing your Japanese previously, but you've definitely failed.
ポケモンシリーズの都市伝説一覧
Unlike you, I've never claimed to know Japanese. That doesn't make me an inferior person who can't get things translated. I failed nothing, sensei.

This page is all about urban myths, including the infamous "Blue/Green's Raticate died" rumor. I guess that only a person deeply entrenched in Japanese culture can understand such complex matters, huh?

Nothing to see here, folks.

Unlike you, I've never claimed to know Japanese. That doesn't make me an inferior person who can't get things translated. I failed nothing, sensei.

This page is all about urban myths, including the infamous "Blue/Green's Raticate died" rumor. I guess that only a person deeply entrenched in Japanese culture can understand such complex matters, huh?

Nothing to see here, folks.
Huh? You were the one acting like you know everything about Japan all across Bulbaforums, especially those Misty threads.

Yes, the page is about urban myths, but the point is, a lot of Japanese people do associate Ho-Oh and nuclear bombs because a lot of Japanese people find these urban myths probable.

Oh hail glorious URL that actually exists.
I was obviously testing your Japanese previously, but you've definitely failed.
ポケモンシリーズの都市伝説一覧

I never said that this is the true reason why.
I'm saying that a lot of Japanese people are offended which MAY BE why Ho-Oh doesn't have a movie unlike Lugia.

I have my doubts that is the true reason.

Huh? You were the one acting like you know everything about Japan all across Bulbaforums, especially those Misty threads.
Nope. That was you, again. I am merely skeptical whenever you pretend to speak for Japan, presenting Internet chatter as facts.

Yes, the page is about urban myths, but the point is, a lot of Japanese people do associate Ho-Oh and nuclear bombs because a lot of Japanese people find these urban myths probable.
Again, based on what, exactly? Only a handful of people may be aware of those urban myths. And by a handful, I mean no more than 10,000, which is minuscule compared to Japan's population.

The page also mentions the atom bomb regarding Victini, so why did it get a movie?

Nope. That was you, again. I am merely skeptical whenever you pretend to speak for Japan, presenting Internet chatter as facts.

Again, based on what, exactly? Only a handful of people may be aware of those urban myths. And by a handful, I mean no more than 10,000, which is minuscule compared to Japan's population.

The page also mentions the atom bomb regarding Victini, so why did it get a movie?
Were there actually 10,000 people who were offended by black Jynx's design?
Were there actually 10,000 people who got seizures from the Porygon episode?

Were there actually 10,000 people who were offended by black Jynx's design?
Were there actually 10,000 people who got seizures from the Porygon episode?
There were well over 10,000 people in Japan who heard about the seizures. Porygon hasn't appeared since.

Jynx was recolored, so there is nothing to dispute here. Ho-Oh? It is a game mascot for crying out loud, and it already has movie cameos under its belt.

There were well over 10,000 people in Japan who heard about the seizures. Porygon hasn't appeared since.

Jynx was recolored, so there is nothing to dispute here. Ho-Oh? It is a game mascot for crying out loud, and it already has movie cameos under its belt.
Jynx hasn't appeared in the anime for more than 10 years unless you count Pokemon the Origins.

Jynx hasn't appeared in the anime for more than 10 years unless you count Pokemon the Origins.
So? I'm talking about Ho-Oh. It will appear in the upcoming movie if only briefly. Do you really believe that they would bother revisiting it if there were a negative stigma attached to it?

I get that you found something cute on Pixiv and felt the need to make a video about it. Hey, it is not as if you have serious rumors to talk about these days. But I am not sure why felt the need to do it after the movie poster was revealed, as it doesn't exactly support your argument...

What is the conspiracy theory about Typhlosion, by the way? It hasn't had a real anime appearance in 14 years...

So? I'm talking about Ho-Oh. It will appear in the upcoming movie if only briefly. Do you really believe that they would bother revisiting it if there were a negative stigma attached to it?

I get that you found something cute on Pixiv and felt the need to make a video about it. Hey, it is not as if you have serious rumors to talk about these days. But I am not sure why felt the need to do it after the movie poster was revealed, as it doesn't exactly support your argument...

What is the conspiracy theory about Typhlosion, by the way? It hasn't had a real anime appearance in 14 years...
Anyway, sorry for being rude.

I just predict that Ho-Oh would only have a few scenes, rather than being a main Pokemon in a movie like Lugia did.
But ok, I can be wrong. No one knows how much screentime Ho-Oh has for now apart from staff members.

I don't know about the Typhlosion one. I'll tell you if I can find something.

I just predict that Ho-Oh would only have a few scenes, rather than being a main Pokemon in a movie like Lugia did.
It won't have the same screentime as Lugia because the movie is going to be more character-driven than legendary-driven. Ho-Oh probably won't battle another legendary or anything like that, but then that is also the case in the games. Its central theme is overlooking the world and seeking the "chosen one" that can make Pokemon and people closer.

As for why they haven't done much with Ho-Oh before, I suspect that's like asking why Ash hasn't become a Master yet. The show is supposed to be never-ending, but this movie may be part of a different continuity that will give them more liberties.

Last edited:
The show is supposed to be never-ending, but this movie may be part of a different continuity that will give them more liberties.

I would love that.

I would like the movies to more fully explore the multiversal nature of the Pokeverse.

possibly however I doubt anything needs to be shown from a new game considering we haven't seen a single poke in a movie other than Magearna, and that was the first poke we saw.

We still need a Necrozma, Solgaleo / Lunala and Marshadow film tbh#

Edit: On second thought there is likely to be a solgaleo / Lunala + Necrozma film AND a Marshadow + Tie in new 8.5/9th gen poke film.
We have seen other Pokemon shown before a future gen and if the marshadow movie is coming up, they can release marshadow or like you said, solgaleo, Lunala, and necrozma movie to possibly foreshadow stars (if it is a thing), it's possible

We have seen other Pokemon shown before a future gen and if the marshadow movie is coming up, they can release marshadow or like you said, solgaleo, Lunala, and necrozma movie to possibly foreshadow stars (if it is a thing), it's possible
Stars is rumored to be released this year. Do you really think that Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma are going to be in the upcoming movie?

Okay then.

Isn't the true reason irrelevant? you are arguing against a fact.

It is a FACT that Ho-Oh has had a SUSPICIOUS lacking in all of the pokemon movies

It is a FACT that there is an association for Japanese people between Ho-Oh and Nuclear Bombs (A touchy subject)

I never attempted to assert that one directly caused the other with 100% confidence, I was merely saying "Oh look, this sounds like a reasonable and possible explanation to something we have no possible way of confirming"

Any arguments into this topic further are redundant and spiralling off topic, there may well be a different reason for Ho-ohs lack of screen time but as far as we are aware there aren't many possible reasons and of that short list it turns out that one of the possible reasons is a commonly perceived association. That's a fact and the conversation shoulda ended there :L

It is a FACT that Ho-Oh has had a SUSPICIOUS lacking in all of the pokemon movies
Depends on what one considers suspicious-it has made multiple appearances in the anime before.

Any arguments into this topic further are redundant and spiralling off topic,
This is the rumors discussion thread-seems like the perfect place to talk about it.

That's a fact and the conversation shoulda ended there
You want the conversation to end as soon as you're done talking? That's not a conversation, that's a monologue. Everyone else has just as much right to express their opinions on this thread as you do.

What's the thought on Cosmog being able to transform into Zygarde in Stars?

It occurred to me while I was researching legendaries earlier (I wanted to see if one would be appropriate for my fanfic, and right now none of them are) that Zygarde, the Pokemon effectively of balance in nature, is present in both X/Y and Sun/Moon. And in both of those games, the mascot legendaries are also opposites.

So, I'm kinda wondering if Stars would make Zygarde the third of that trio, being the balance between the Sun and the Moon for Earth.

I literally have no other basis for this and no real reason to think it would come about other than wondering why they went to such effort to give us Zygarde in Sun and Moon.

What's the thought on Cosmog being able to transform into Zygarde in Stars?

It occurred to me while I was researching legendaries earlier (I wanted to see if one would be appropriate for my fanfic, and right now none of them are) that Zygarde, the Pokemon effectively of balance in nature, is present in both X/Y and Sun/Moon. And in both of those games, the mascot legendaries are also opposites.

So, I'm kinda wondering if Stars would make Zygarde the third of that trio, being the balance between the Sun and the Moon for Earth.

I literally have no other basis for this and no real reason to think it would come about other than wondering why they went to such effort to give us Zygarde in Sun and Moon.
I don't think it'd make sense for Cosmog to evolve into Zygarde. Solgaleo and Lunala share a type between them, and are pretty heavily tied to Ultra Space, while Zygarde's Abilities are connected more to Xerneas and Yvetal. Zygarde's also got its gimmick of spreading its cells out, and there aren't really any legendary Pokemon with two gimmicks. (Since Solgaleo and Lunala have theirs of being the only known legendaries to evolve)

I think there's a possibility it connects with them somehow, but I can't imagine that it'd be directly a part of them, especially when we also have Necrozma-this legendary who shares a type with our duo, has a star on it, and has no explanation about it at all.

(also, it's kind of a minor thing, but most game mascots tend to be opposites :p)

I don't think it'd make sense for Cosmog to evolve into Zygarde. Solgaleo and Lunala share a type between them, and are pretty heavily tied to Ultra Space, while Zygarde's Abilities are connected more to Xerneas and Yvetal. Zygarde's also got its gimmick of spreading its cells out, and there aren't really any legendary Pokemon with two gimmicks. (Since Solgaleo and Lunala have theirs of being the only known legendaries to evolve)

I think there's a possibility it connects with them somehow, but I can't imagine that it'd be directly a part of them, especially when we also have Necrozma-this legendary who shares a type with our duo, has a star on it, and has no explanation about it at all.

(also, it's kind of a minor thing, but most game mascots tend to be opposites :p)

I have to admit, Necrozma would be a better one, and it wouldn't take much to just say Zygarde is actually the master of all three since it is the one of balance and the Sun and Moon both are tied into the balance of life and death on the planet and not that much a stretch to say the stars are as well.

Or they could just have it completely unrelated and it just being there because it spreads its cells out. Given Zygarde's gimmick, that wouldn't be out of character.

Actually, thinking about it, I like Necrozma for this better than Zygarde. Plus, it would be wicked box art.

Back
Top Bottom