• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
What's the thought on Cosmog being able to transform into Zygarde in Stars?

It occurred to me while I was researching legendaries earlier (I wanted to see if one would be appropriate for my fanfic, and right now none of them are) that Zygarde, the Pokemon effectively of balance in nature, is present in both X/Y and Sun/Moon. And in both of those games, the mascot legendaries are also opposites.

So, I'm kinda wondering if Stars would make Zygarde the third of that trio, being the balance between the Sun and the Moon for Earth.

I literally have no other basis for this and no real reason to think it would come about other than wondering why they went to such effort to give us Zygarde in Sun and Moon.

It was a sort of semi-popular theory back in the earlier days of the prerelease, that Zygarde would be the trio master of both Xerneas/Yveltal and Solgaleo/Lunala.

That uh... obviously didn't come to pass.

Besides, Zygarde is pretty explicitly tied to Xerneas and Yveltal. They specifically state that it's normally found only in Kalos (*insert your Mega Evolution jokes here*), and it's mentioned in relation to Xerneas and Yveltal in its Pokédex entry. Its standard Ability, Aura Break, is designed to counter Fairy Aura and Dark Aura. They - frustratingly - don't tell us why it's in Alola, although they at least point out that it's odd for it to be there.

But it's got nothing in common with Solgaleo and Lunala. Granted, Necrozma doesn't really either, but it shares their battle music which is always a giveaway. In Zygarde's case, it is not ever mentioned in relation to Solgaleo/Lunala or implied to have anything to do with them or Cosmog.

I don't think they "went to such effort" to give us Zygarde in Sun and Moon. No Z game was ever going to happen because that would be horrifically boring, but they obviously had something in mind for Zygarde as far back as XY (its other moves, Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves, were in the internal data of those games, although Core Enforcer is new to SM so maybe their plans for Zygarde weren't fully sketched out - similarly, Kyurem only had one alternative form slot in BW, but both of its signature moves were in the code). Zygarde didn't warrant having a whole game to itself, but they weren't going to leave it out to dry, either. They were always going to do something with it, but instead of wasting a game release on repetition, it got to serve as a unique extra sidequest to bolster SM's content. I think that's as much as it could have asked for, really.

Last edited:
The point is that the movie is not about Alola.

Deal with it.
I may not agree with you on everything, but I agree on this. There is no proof that the SM legendaries will ever come to the 20th movie, heck evidence suggests against it. It's just a throwback movie for all of us, and for someone who preferred the OS, it's a great way to celebrate 20 years on air. Adding SM legendaries, heck even Alola-related content, has nothing to do with the movie

Legendary trio is Sun (Solgaleo), Moon (Lunala), and Corpus (Necrozma). Zygarde is Vitriol. It doesn't necessarily hold power over the others, but it is needed to unlock certain potential or events. The mystery to me is exactly what the power or event is. I said in this thread months before the games release Zygarde might be a UB, but I'm not sure anymore. I feel it's in the same vein as Necrozma. Not a UB, really, but it and Necrozma have a close relationship to Ultra Wormholes, and, in my mind, Mega Evolution.

Not a UB, really, but it and Necrozma have a close relationship to Ultra Wormholes, and, in my mind, Mega Evolution.
How does Zygarde have a relationship with Ultra Wormholes and Mega Evolution? There is nothing that supports this.
And if you're going to talk about Zygarde in the anime, well game physics are different than anime physics.

Hey, it's purely speculation based on certain things in the game. I'm also into the Azoth theories, so a lot from that. Zygarde to Mega is also based a bit on both having nothing really explained, and you learn of both from the same people.

Hey, it's purely speculation based on certain things in the game. I'm also into the Azoth theories, so a lot from that.
The Azoth kingdom is anime-exclusive, and only appeared in the 19th movie so it can't really be factored into the game. Other than that, your speculation is kinda farfech'd but really it's just speculation

Personally, I think this supposed alchemy stuff has gotten vigorously out of hand.

The Azoth kingdom is anime-exclusive, and only appeared in the 19th movie so it can't really be factored into the game. Other than that, your speculation is kinda farfech'd but really it's just speculation

Well, "Azoth" has been used in two contexts in the franchise - the Azoth Kingdom in the movie, and Project AZOTH in the games, which was Team Magma/Aqua's plan to revive the super-ancient Pokémon. These two things aren't ever indicated to have any relationship beyond the name, however (and even the nature of the name is different depending on the medium - in the movie, it's a proper name, but in the games, it is suggested to be a kind of ideogram where each letter represents something; A being "beginning," Z being "end," etc.), and the Project AZOTH in the games obviously failed.

Speaking of the movie, do we think the Original Color Magearna is going to be released at some point? Or will it end up as another Eternal Floette?

Last edited:
Speaking of the movie, do we think the Original Color Magearna is going to be released at some point? Or will it end up as another Eternal Floette?
It doesn't have any special data. It's basically another take on shiny Magearna, and shiny mythicals aren't typically distributed.

It doesn't have any special data. It's basically another take on shiny Magearna, and shiny mythicals aren't typically distributed.

True. It does have its own Pokédex entries, though. I wonder why they bothered to make it?

True. It does have its own Pokédex entries, though. I wonder why they bothered to make it?
That's interesting. I had not seen that yet.

As far as Azoth, my speculation is more based off the old chart than anything. At its root, it really does have tons of similarities. It is about the Sun King and Moon Queen, and the purpose is the alchemist creating perfection combining their energy with Corpus (the body) to reach a special dimension. This can only be attained through finding Vitriol. The four legendaries fit those four nicely, and Zygarde cellular restructuring coincides with PKMN briefly restructuring themselves for Mega Evolution. The fact Zygarde and Mega's are introduced solely by the same characters (whom are aides to a Prof. whom researches Mega's) leads me to believe there is correlation. Necrozma gives to hints in game it is involved in anyway, albeit Necrozma gets no background or hints at its purpose in game at all. The connection, for me, goes back to it fitting Corpus in the Azoth chart. And the giant crystal in Kalos based for Mega Evolution could be a hint regarding it's true purpose.

Again, it's all speculation. I keep saying it because I truly believe there is a connection, and whenever the next title hits, I would like to be able to draw back on my posts and see if anything I believe rings true. I wouldn't say the Azoth spec is out of hand, however, as the prevailing thought on the subject tends to be it's lunacy. Only a handful of people seem to still believe it. Not trying to start arguments, but I've taken my stance on the subject, and it won't change until Stars or whatever title is next disproves this.

I think that Movie 21 is going to be a darker story about Necrozma or Marshadow and the Ultra beasts, but only time will tell.

Magearna could be the reward of a Global event or the conmemoration of a random milestone, like Vivillon.

Maybe later around this Mouth or Spring Nintendo will announcement the Classic Gen 2 game will be on Eshop & Gen 4 will get remake.

Back
Top Bottom