• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM019: Intense Electrifying Training! Rematch with Kapu-Kokeko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
SM019: Intense Electric Shock Training! Rematch with Kapu-Kokeko!!
Airs: March 23

Tapu Koko is back for a rematch. I wonder what's going to happen.

Here are some summaries of the episode, which Dephender translated.

z5GmHZE.jpg
JHlpglP.jpg
wdCVSwR.jpg

From the first image.

Battles: Ash re-challenges Tapu Koko!!!

The mysterious Pokémon that gave Ash a Z-Ring once he arrived at Melemele Island once again appears! Is it to check Ash's strength?! Their second battle will soon begin!!

Tapu Koko:
It has watched over Ash ever since he arrived in the Alola region. It is also known as the god of fights.

When battling, it spreads out an "Electric Terrain" that gives Electric type Pokémon the advantage!

It watches over Ash?! Another battle with Tapu Koko!!
(start of this sentence is cut off) why did it give Ash the Z-Ring? What is the reason it watches over him? Will we get the answers to these questions in this battle...?!

Their previous battle:
Pikachu's Z-Move didn't work on it?!

Ash and Pikachu had just received the Z-Ring. They had no idea how to unleash Gigavolt Havoc!

After they fired off the Z-Move, the Electrium-Z ended up shattering.

These are the two keys to victory for Ash!
This battle is different from their previous one? Ash challenges Tapu Koko after having received two power-ups!!
1: A new partner is born!
Ash has befriended Iwanko, which lives together with him at Professor Kukui's house. It will no doubt add to Ash's strength!
Ash gains another partner to grow stronger together with!
(This story airs February 23rd!)
2: The Normalium and Electrium Z-Crystals!
Ash has passed the Island Kahuna's trial and Grand Trial and obtained two Z-Crystals! Now he attacks with his fully powered strength!
He can use one Z-Move in a battle! Which will he choose?!

Ash: This time we won't lose, Pikachu!!

Pikachu and Tapu Koko's shocking super battle can be seen in "Intense Electrifying Training! A Rematch with Tapu Koko!!", which airs March 23rd!

From the second image.

BATTLES: Finish it, Rockruff! Breakneck Blitz!!
Ash decides to battle Trainers at the Pokémon School. This time it's his new partner Rockruff's turn to shine! Claim victory in an instant with a Z-Move!

Ash: Let's use our fully powered strength, Rockruff!!

Rockruff:
It trained against wild Pokémon in order to grow stronger. It's also very friendly with Ash!

Mudbray:
It's small, but very strong! It's a Ground type Pokémon.

Hiroki:
Mudbray Trainer. Haven't we seen him before somewhere...?

Breakneck Blitz is the super powerful Normal Type Z-Move!
It is unleashed with the help of the Normalium-Z, which Ash got from the Totem Pokémon Gumshoos!

Rockruff and Mudbray's battle will also air March 23rd!

From the third and final image.

Hiroki:
He is voiced by Abareru-kun.

His partner:
Mudbray
Donkey Pokémon
Type: Ground
Height: 1.0m
Weight: 110.0kg
Ability: Own Tempo/Stamina

Comic:
Abareru-kun: Hiroki is a student attending the Pokémon School. He battles Ash's Rockruff with his Mudbray!

And then the dubbing day finally arrives!

The dubbing starts, with Director Tomiyasu and Sound Director Mima watching!

Will Abareru-kun manage to dub the character properly......? Wait until the Pokénchi episode that airs on February 26th and see for yourself!

Last edited:
Oh nice, so speculation was right about Ash and Iwanko

1: A new partner is born!
Ash has befriended Iwanko, which lives together with him at Professor Kukui's house. It will no doubt add to Ash's strength!
Rockruff confirmed? Wow! One of the best dog Pokemon for Ash! Hope it evolves to Midday form...

OH MY GOD, this confirms Ash getting Rockruff, now it's time to speculate which Lycanroc will he get

OH MY GOD, this confirms Ash getting Rockruff, now it's time to speculate which Lycanroc will he get
Yeah, I'm glad it's confirmed too. Ever since Ash first interacted with it, and after I saw the Opening and Endings a couple of times, I, like I assume a lot of other people thought or hoped that he would get it. I only thought it might not happen because it's seemed to have found its place with Professor Kukui and it seems happy, plus, then Professor Kukui doesn't have a Pokemon. I want him to have one, like how Professor Oak's Pidgey and Dragonite and Rotom, Professor Elm's Corsola, whatever Pokemon Professor Birch has, Professor Juniper's Accelgor and Professor Sycamore's Garchomp. Also, it might not even evolve, so try not to get your hopes up too high, just in case you really want it to happen.

This battle vs Tapu Koko is shaping up to be a 3 vs 1, I guess. And I can bet that's Rowlet'll get KOed fast... Rockruff will try its best to fight, and Pikachu's finish with a Z-Move.
I hope they give Rockruff an interesting personality.

Yeah, I'm glad it's confirmed too. Ever since Ash first interacted with it, and after I saw the Opening and Endings a couple of times, I, like I assume a lot of other people thought or hoped that he would get it. I only thought it might not happen because it's seemed to have found its place with Professor Kukui and it seems happy, plus, then Professor Kukui doesn't have a Pokemon. I want him to have one, like how Professor Oak's Pidgey and Dragonite and Rotom, Professor Elm's Corsola, whatever Pokemon Professor Birch has, Professor Juniper's Accelgor and Professor Sycamore's Garchomp. Also, it might not even evolve, so try not to get your hopes up too high, just in case you really want it to happen.
Yeah I know, but it would be a perfect way to do the lore behind Rockruff, that it leaves its trainer when almost evolving and only returns once evolution is complete

Seriously? First Pikachu starts acting ooc as hell, then Ash gets the annoying owl, now he gets the ugly rock mutt? I'm really not liking his team this time around:/ At this point I can only look forward to a capture of Litten. Please get the cute kitty...

Anyway, as for the episode, I'm glad to see more Z-Move focus as always. I didn't expect Ash to rematch Tapu-Koko so soon. I thought that would be something they saved until the end of the series to mimic the Tapu-Koko battle after the player becomes the first champion in the games. Part of me is almost hoping Ash's Electirum-Z shatters again, because I'm still not too thrilled that Ash got that crystal so early. But whatever happens will happen. As long as we keep getting frequent Z-Move focus, I'll be good.

Seriously? First Pikachu starts acting ooc as hell, then Ash gets the annoying owl, now he gets the ugly rock mutt? I'm really not liking his team this time around:/ At this point I can only look forward to a capture of Litten. Please get the cute kitty...

Anyway, as for the episode, I'm glad to see more Z-Move focus as always. I didn't expect Ash to rematch Tapu-Koko so soon. I thought that would be something they saved until the end of the series to mimic the Tapu-Koko battle after the player becomes the first champion in the games. Part of me is almost hoping Ash's Electirum-Z shatters again, because I'm still not too thrilled that Ash got that crystal so early. But whatever happens will happen. As long as we keep getting frequent Z-Move focus, I'll be good.

Can you not complain about anything at least once?

That Abareru-kun character was disturbingly obvious without having to read the accompanying text... So will his character only be appearing in Pokenchi or what?

Seriously? First Pikachu starts acting ooc as hell, then Ash gets the annoying owl, now he gets the ugly rock mutt?

U-ugly? What? How? Why? Where? What? How is Rockruff ugly? I'm just generally curious. Of course people can view things differently, but I'd just like to know why you think it's ugly. Also, how is Pikachu out of character (that is what that means right)? I can't remember an instance in Sun and Moon where one of Pikachu's characteristics wasn't also shown in every other series?

That Abareru-kun character was disturbingly obvious without having to read the accompanying text... So will his character only be appearing in Pokenchi or what?
He'll be in this episode proper, well, a character that is based off of him. I assume his battle with Ash will be a quick one, because I don't see how the character has anything to do with Tapu Koko.

Okay so I'm so glad that Ash get's Rockruff! I was really hoping it would happen just because Ash seems to love playing with Rockruff and has grown quite a nice bond. Who's also to say Kukui doesn't have another Pokemon under his sleeve with his...

wife... WHO FOR SOME REASON HAS YET TO BE MENTIONED BY THE MAN???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom