• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

what are the video games you feeling nostalgic about

danh19

Reaction score
I not much of a gamer anymore but there are a few games I use to love to play

Sonic the hedgehog
Bomberman
Tarzan
Scooby Doo and the cyber chase
Spiderman
Rugrats

Everyone is always ripping on Nintendo, but (and I know everyone says this) the games that have spoken to me and even influenced my life are the Mother games. Such simple, silly games have been monumental in my life.

pretty much gen 3/4 of pokemon and any of my GBC through DS games
I had an SNES I played a lot too, but my brother sold it.
one I had major nostalgia for is my dreamcast and sonic adventure 2, I kept trying the canon's core level, got as far as the part with knuckles, and got game over, repeatedly for 10 years.

one I had major nostalgia for is my dreamcast and sonic adventure 2, I kept trying the canon's core level, got as far as the part with knuckles, and got game over, repeatedly for 10 years.
I remember that part. Drove me nuts until my friend told me where the infinite air upgrade was.

I feel major nostalgia for old N64 and PS1 games. I still play them every now and then to relive the magic. On the N64 I loved Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and the Pokemon Stadium games above all else. On the PS1 my favs are Final Fantasy Tactics, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Megaman X4, Dino Crisis 2, Spider-man and Metal Gear Solid.

Here are some off the top of my head:
  • Catz, Dogz, and Dogz 2 for GBA
  • 102 Dalmatians: Puppies to the Rescue
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Civilization 3
  • Zoo Tycoon 1 and 2
  • Animal Crossing Wild World
  • Nintendogs Chihuahua and Friends
  • Dog's Life for PS2
  • Generation 4 of Pokemon

A lot of the SNES - early-ish Gamecube era is nostalgic for me. Mainly...
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario 64
  • Paper Mario
  • Mario Party 3
  • Mario Golf
  • Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
  • Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
  • Animal Crossing
  • Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
  • Sonic Adventure DX
  • Pokemon Yellow
  • Pokemon Crystal
  • Pokemon Stadium (both of them)
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
  • Zoo Tycoon
  • Mall Tycoon
  • The Sims
102 Dalmatians: Puppies to the Rescue
Oh wow, I totally forgot about that game! It used to freak me out when the dog catchers were nearby, to the point that I was too scared to play it much because it stressed me out haha. My younger sisters who aren't quite the irrational scaredy cats I was and am lol used to play it a lot though!

Oh wow, I totally forgot about that game! It used to freak me out when the dog catchers were nearby, to the point that I was too scared to play it much because it stressed me out haha. My younger sisters who aren't quite the irrational scaredy cats I was and am lol used to play it a lot though!

I think I let my sister do some of the dog catcher parts too until I got older, lol. I also used to be freaked out by the final battle with Cruella and (for some reason) the giant tumbleweeds in the hedge maze. My sister always played as Oddball and I always played as Domino. :p

For a very long time, I felt really nostalgic about Super Mario 64 and Rayman 2 for the N64 (two of my favorite games of all time) in particular. But because I've played a lot of both for the first time in years, the nostalgic feeling of playing them and thinking about them has diminished somewhat, but not totally (I have too many good memories from those games to forget completely). Still, I do think a lot about the time I spent playing the old Pokémon games for the Game Boy (especially Gold & Silver, another all-time favorite), as well as some of the more memorable games from my now mostly non-existent GameCube and PS2 collections (like Super Mario Sunshine, Sonic Adventure DX, Kingdom Hearts, Soulcalibur, etc.)

The NES Mega Man games. They're the most nostalgic to me because we never purchased any of the games. We would rent them every weekend.

The catchy NES tunes of the games along with video stores now being obsolete... makes me a bit sad and happy at the same time.

Geez, I really want to replay Crash Bandicoot on PS1. Friend still has the disc (2 states over in Oklahoma no less) so that's not gonna happen anytime soon unless I take maters into my own hands :unsure:. Ebay here I come:unsure:

Usually the big one that I feel nostalgic about is the Mega Man X series. That series was my childhood and I have a lot of good memories with it. I've actually replayed Mega Man X5 several times now. I don't have access to it anymore though, now that I've lost my copy of Mega Man X Collection.
Geez, I really want to replay Crash Bandicoot on PS1. Friend still has the disc (2 states over in Oklahoma no less) so that's not gonna happen anytime soon unless I take maters into my own hands :unsure:. Ebay here I come:unsure:
If you're able to, you could look into the upcoming Crash Bandicoot remasters to try and quench your thirst, so to speak.

My Nostalgic Games...

-The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - Oh was that one awesome, and Seasons was pretty good, too.
-Wind Waker
-Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
-Pokemon Platinum
-Sonic Heroes
-Kirby Air Ride - Its City Trial was something I wish they would have kept and innovated, even if it was just integrated in Mario kart.

In rough order of release...
- Nintendogs
- Animal Crossing: Wild World
- Pokémon Diamond
- New Super Mario Bros.
- Wii Sports
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
- Mario Kart Wii
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- Pokémon White 2

Also, sometimes games make me feel nostalgic for someone else's childhood. I recently got that feeling watching Caddicarus' PS1 cheats video, Animal Crossing on the GameCube has given me that feeling for a long time, and watching footage of the PS1 version of Door to Phantomile makes me want to cry, even though all of those games were before my time.

Upon seeing a discussion video of Golden Sun the other day, I can say that it has been my few games from the (otherwise disappointment/migrane-inducement-prone) GBA-GC era that I loved. The other GBA game that I have fond memories of is FE Binding Blade, which was the very first FE game I played - looking back now, I am so glad that that franchise is now a major IP and it's no longer just another day of another Pokémon, Zelda, Mario set of games. (Okay, well Pokémon's fine and dandy as always, and Zelda I started to really love, but I ain't touching another Mario ever; he and Nintendo's resident damsel scrappy can go die in a ditch.)

On the other hand, while F-Zero Advance was a difficult game, it felt really rewarding to clear Queens Circuit on Expert Mode. Quite sad that that franchise got shafted some time later. Even worse is when Mario Kart 8 decided to kiddify Mute City and Big Blue for three year olds and under.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom