• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Defeat the Boss! Level 2: Mushroom Kingdom Mischief

Status
Not open for further replies.
I raise some Brick Blocks on a pulley system, ready to shoot an arrow when the Plant emerges.
Remember you also have an ability :p

Don't forget about this rule y'all
  1. Contribute to the Win Condition. Even if you don't feel like it would make a difference, every player should, if able, act in a way that contributes to the win condition of the level each turn. This is mostly because you're not 100% sure what the result of each action will be, and all actions are treated as occurring simultaneously so it doesn't really make sense to not act when the enemy still has health. An exception to this rule would be if you have no actions available that would be beneficial.

(just waiting on Kazekage to confirm their action then I'll update, in case you guys were wondering)

Great.

Snickering like a little child, I quickly run away and Hide behind some Brick Blocks.
You are now Hidden, enemies attempting to target you with attacks and abilities have a 50% chance of failure and you take a +1 to Crit until revealed.
Can I use my ability? If so, I choose to use my counter ability and prepare for an attack.
Yes you certainly can.
Actually, I'll change that to a spell of agility on Kazekage to make up for the penalty from focus.
Mkay
Well I don't see how it'll be useful but okay
I'll use my Hyper Focus ability.
Think of it as an almost guaranteed chance of hitting next turn (since the enemy doesn't currently have a Ddg modifier) and a 10% greater chance of scoring a critical hit on it. The only way it could be considered worse than doing nothing in this case is because the enemy has a slightly higher chance of hitting you, which your Blue Mage is helping you with. Just an explanation of how it works in case there was a misunderstanding.

In the future if you would rather not use it that's fine, I just designed this round to help y'all figure out how to use your abilities so I wanted to make sure everybody actually used it. :p

You gain a net +2 Ddg this turn, and during the next turn you will gain +2 Aim and +2 Crit.

Piranha Plant emerges from the Warp Pipe and attacks Elementar with Piranha Chomp
And it hits!
Damage: 7

Elementar quickly retaliates with a Counter attack!
Damage: 5

Current HP:
Piranha Plant: 42/60
Elementar: 3/10
Kazekage: 10/10
MegaPod12: 10/10
Doctor Floptopus: 10/10

I'll attack Piranha Plant with my Broadsword.

Also, someone please heal me :(
Roll: 11
Hit!
Damage: 8
Let's go with a barrage of Barbed Arrows on Pirahna Plant.
Roll: 11
Well it's not a crit, but it's still a solid hit!
Damage: 3
I bust through the Brick Blocks that conceal me, lunging out of hiding and stabbing the Piranha Plant with my Poison Dagger.
Roll: 20
Critical hit! Finally!
Damage: 4

Piranha Plant has become Poisoned!
You were revealed, so you are no longer Hidden
I'll cast a spell of healing on Elementar
You restored Elementar's HP by 3

Piranha Plant: 27/60
Elementar: 6/10

Piranha Plant forgoes hiding in the Warp Pipe this turn and uses Piranha Chomp on Kazekage!
And it was a hit!
Damage: 6

Piranha Plant is hurt by the effects of Poison!
Damage: 1

Current HP:
Piranha Plant: 26/60
Kazekage: 4/10

Last edited:
Two minor corrections, I must have been really tired updating last night because I miscalculated the damage on MegaPod's Crit (I doubled 3 instead of 2) and I forgot about Kazekage's +1 to Def, am adjusting these in the previous post.
Tempted to celebrate early, I give the Piranha Plant a confident toss of my Throwing Knife.
Roll: 10
Hit!
Damage: 3
I'm going to fire some Weighted Arrows at Piranha Plant and ask for some healing pls.
Roll: 5
Right in the stem!
Damage: 4
I'm going to hit the Piranha Plant with my trusty Broadsword.
Roll: 8
Swing and hit!
Damage: 8
I'll Heal kazekage please.
Kazekage gains 3 HP

Piranha Plant: 11/60
Kazekage: 7/10

Although still showing no outward signs of emotion, you believe the Piranha Plant is feeling a bit disparaged by now. It retreats back into the Warp Pipe once again, making it untargetable next turn.

However it still takes damage from Poison!
Damage: 1

Current HP:
Piranha Plant: 10/60
Kazekage: 7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom