• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Background music of the show

I don't think the songs are from 4Kids. If you watch the episode, Sparks Fly for Magnemite, you'll hear the second song I mentioned in this episode. It's at the time that the Grimer and Muk are dropping inside the Power Plant.

It might just be a normal travel theme, and a really good one at that. It's dub-only, so it's not from the games.

That means that it was added only to the translated version?

Yes it was. And just to warn you, many people are going to tell you that it's a bad thing that the dub does that. Don't listen to any testimony about it whether it be positive or negative. Listen to and compare the versions yourself and make your own choice about which is better.

Last edited:
Yes it was. And just to warn you, many people are going to tell you that it's a bad thing that the dub does that. Don't listen to any testimony about it whether it be positive or negative. Listen to and compare the versions yourself and make your own choice about which is better.

Well... actually I did, and I liked both. The differences between them are interesting and equally enjoyable. The only thing that bothers me now, is that I'm not being able to find that background music haha

There's a piece of BGM that plays pretty frequently throughout the Japanese versino of the XY and XYZ series and I'm trying to track down that I don't know the name of. Here are some examples of when it's been used.

- During the majority of the Poke'TV segments that follow XYZ episodes.
- XYZ Episode 41: After Eureka sings to Zygarde to return it to normal.
- XY Episode 59: When all of the Pokemon are receiving their gifts toward the end of the episode.

If anyone can tell me the name of this track and what soundtrack it's available I would greatly appreciate it.

Trying to find these two background music. I have been looking for them for quite some time but no avail

Both are in episode 1

they start at 15:10 and 16:58.

Any help is much appreciated.

It's music composed by 4Kids for their dub and isn't available on any soundtrack.

hmm lets see, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Digimon if it's still airing on nicktoons, I think that's all of them. And to anyone that wants to use the "it's for kids, therefore it doesn't matter" argument, Yo-Kai Watch keeps all the music for their dub, and that's all the reason I need to prove that replacement scores need to go. But ya, don't go thinking good FUNimation and VIZ dubs are bad because of a few 4kids wannabes.
Pretty Cure's dub by Saban, Beyblade's newer seasons dubbed by Nelvana, Pokemon dubbed by TPCi/DuArt, Yu-Gi-Oh dubbed by 4KMedia/Konami, and Digimon's newer seasons dubbed (minus Tri, again by Saban) are pretty much the only 5 English dubs I'm aware of to still be replacement BGM scoring as of 2017.

Practially every other dubber that still exists has caught up with the times, so it's a shame these 4 companies are still stuck in the past with this.

Last edited:
I hope we see some sort of release of the post-DP BGM sometime soon. There were a ton of XY tracks, like Lumiose City, Team Rocket's motto, An Eternal Prison, and the Pokemon Center theme to name a few.

Also something I've been thinking about for awhile now, does anyone think the release of the BGM from the first three series and the (what appears to be) ban of using that music in the show are related? I know that some of the Kanto tracks had been released beforehand and were still used in the show but maybe when they decided to stop using the old music they also decided to release it?

Hello all. There's a piece of background music that plays frequently throughout the series as far back as BW. The most recent use of it was at the beginning of Sun and Moon episode 17. It plays during the detective show the cast is watching before the opening sequence. Is it from one of the movies perhaps? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom