• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mistyped Pokémon

Plus, do we really want another Fire/Fighting?
only if it's not a starter.

Serperior could have been ghost or better grass/steel, with it's speed 113.
Dont see the grass/dark but with a speed buff in mega maybe.
Shiftry speed 80 and Cacturn speed 55.

Maybe if mega emboar would gain a ability or type change?
then Sammurot water/fighting or water/steel or both? one could a physical and one a special attacker?

Out of the new Pokemon, I feel like Kartana and Celesteela should've swapped types. I mean, origami = paper = wood = Grass kinda makes sense, but Kartana is constantly flying, while Celesteela looks like it's made out of bamboo.

only if it's not a starter.

Serperior could have been ghost or better grass/steel, with it's speed 113.
Dont see the grass/dark but with a speed buff in mega maybe.
Shiftry speed 80 and Cacturn speed 55.

Maybe if mega emboar would gain a ability or type change?
then Sammurot water/fighting or water/steel or both? one could a physical and one a special attacker?

1. Absolutely NOTHING shouts Dark or Steel about Serperior. A Mega could give it that typing, but this one is correctly types. It will just ruin serperior's design to give it a secondary type. Nothing about serperior's design says Ghost, Dark, or Steel.

2. They only give the MOST iconic Pokemon 2 Megas. Practically very child knows Charizard and Mewtwo, that's why they got 2 Megas. I'm sure that Samurott is not as popular as that.

1. Absolutely NOTHING shouts Dark or Steel about Serperior. A Mega could give it that typing, but this one is correctly types. It will just ruin serperior's design to give it a secondary type. Nothing about serperior's design says Ghost, Dark, or Steel.
what about electric? many pokemons have design not matched with there type, take Incineroar.

Chrizard and Mewtwo...yes false popularity issue... I would like all starters to get this treatment. Then some would gain more popularity and usefullnes.

I think to many pokemon had mega evolutions,I mean mega goalie? Merge ampharos? Come on now.

I don't mind the z moves but not at the cost of past mega stones being unavailable

It ISN'T mistyped. Incineroar is the heel Pokemon, and heels are werestlers who use unfair means. (aka Evil Means) and dark types are 'evil' types in Japan. So, it fits.

Yes I know, but wrestlers also go for fighters and its hard to see difrence between its wrestler and heelwrestler.

yes I know but , the white snake Serperior could get something, how would fast grass/steel with Contrary work with the meta? What if it could become a grass/flying snake, it learns a flying type move, could get more ?(then sammurot could become physical water/steel and with fire/fighting we would get a nice triangle)

Since Greninja is a ninja, shouldn't it have a Fighting type?
The Fighting type isn't just about related to combat, it's also associated with the idea of honorable fighting, while the Dark type is associated with fighting dirty. (hence moves like Bite and Sucker Punch being included) Since Greninja is known for striking unseen, that seems to be why it's giving the Dark type instead of the Fighting. (the idea of striking while someone's back is turned)

You also have to consider the context in which Greninja was introduced. There's an extra Fightng/Dark/Psychic triangle with the starters of Kalos, and changing Greninja to a Water/Fighting would disrupt that, making Delphox more overpowered, and make 2/3 of the starters half Fighting. It'd be kinda funny-after so many Fire/Fightings, now the Fire-type starter is the only one that's not-but it wouldn't be a good idea.

Ninjask is a ninja, too, and it's not Fighting-type.

I would have liked to see Mincinno and Cinccino retconned to part Fairy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of the new Pokemon, I feel like Kartana and Celesteela should've swapped types. I mean, origami = paper = wood = Grass kinda makes sense, but Kartana is constantly flying, while Celesteela looks like it's made out of bamboo.

Really? Aside from the antenna/spire on its head, nothing about Celesteela looks lightweight. Not only that, it literally weighs a metric ton - its Pokedex entry lists it at 999.9 kg.

And the whole reason why Kartana is constantly flying is because it's so light the breeze picks it up-it's not like it has much control over that.

Celesteela definitely has a grass vibe going for it with its bamboo-like arms, green color, and access to multiple grass type attacks that are not commonly distributed. Although I can pass off the first two points as being aesthetic only and not really impacting its function. Not really sure why they went for the Grass type moves though, maybe it was a Grass type at some point in development and they changed it to Flying so it didn't overlap with any other UBs.

Really? Aside from the antenna/spire on its head, nothing about Celesteela looks lightweight. Not only that, it literally weighs a metric ton - its Pokedex entry lists it at 999.9 kg.

Exactly. And it's always grounded during battle too. I mean we know it can fly, but that's hardly unique to Flying-types.

And the whole reason why Kartana is constantly flying is because it's so light the breeze picks it up-it's not like it has much control over that.

Just like Hoppip, which happens to be a Flying-type.

I'm starting to think this "type swap" was intentional, I just wish they would've explained it a little.

i think fomantis and lurantis should've been hybrid bug/grass type(s?)

maybe then flying for Serperior?
Emboar could become ground and Samurott could get fighting?
But samurai motive with steel, making a maybe physical mega water/steel pokemon?
then Emboars could stay fighting

Fromantis or Lurantis could have been grass/rock, grass/steel or grass/fighting , the same goes for Tsareena.

I understand it should make a mind game to think its a other type then it is, but grass and bugs have to many similar weeknes.

Cofagrigas should be Steel/Ghost, though Aegislash beat it to the punch.

Unpopular opinion, but looking at Decidueye, not much about it looks "Ghost". They should've either made it more ghostlike or kept the Grass/Flying, because it's frustrating in the late game when the thing gets 1HKO'd by a Sucker Punch.

I agree that Samurott should've been Water/Steel, but I could see why they didn't do that, because it directly followed Empoleon. Still, it would've been the second final starter of its type rather than the third.

Doduo/drio is based on a flightless bird, so I don't see the need for Flying.

Mismagius should get Fairy, I'd like more Fairies that show the trickster side of the type rather than the "cute" side.

Finally, Goodra is the blandest Dragon ever. At least give it Fairy or Poison or something to make it a little less forgettable.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom