• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could suck for us with a 3DS if Sinnoh remakes happen during Gen VII but are only available on the Switch.

Why would it suck? Gen IV remakes would be LOADS of lag on a 3DS. You'd have to buy a Switch sooner or later to play Pokemon.
Your 3DS needs the old age home XD.

Why would it suck? Gen IV remakes would be LOADS of lag on a 3DS. You'd have to buy a Switch sooner or later to play Pokemon.

I want to wait for Gen VIII to buy a Switch. A new generation gives more reason to buy a new console than a remake.

Sun and Moon aren't that laggy. Sure, there is lag, but not enough to intrude on the gameplay. They can still release a 3DS game before they make a Switch game.

It could suck for us with a 3DS if Sinnoh remakes happen during Gen VII but are only available on the Switch.
Yeah, it would be better if they did Gen 4 remake for Switch instead of 3ds, because it might lags some material from 3ds, like they did sun and moon, sun and moon reached it's limit to 3ds
It's a lot better than releasing it to 3ds
That's true. they might discontinued the 3ds sooner or later, so you have to play pokemon switch exclusive, I'm happy with the game, I'm thinking of getting me one, but I'm happy with the price of Switch.
I want to wait for Gen VIII to buy a Switch. A new generation gives more reason to buy a new console than a remake.
I would wait till Gen 8 for Switch, but what happens if this "Stars" turns out to be true. I would be buy the switch for Stars (if it turn out to be true), but I probably would wait till that price go down a bit, because paying $500 for switch console and $60 for the game is very excessive, it looks like Switch a lot powerful than PS4 and Xbox One
Sun and Moon aren't that laggy. Sure, there is lag, but not enough to intrude on the gameplay. They can still release a 3DS game before they make a Switch game.
Sun and Moon reached it's limit to 3ds, we just don't want another XY/ORAS situation, so it would be a lot better release it on Switch, it could be in Gen 7 or Gen 8

So, don't buy it. No one is forcing you to. GF isn't there to cater the needs of each and everyone. You could buy Gen 8 games along (or after) with Gen 4 remakes on the Switch.

If you don't want to do either of these things, sorry, GF could not help you.

So, don't buy it. No one is forcing you to. GF isn't there to cater the needs of each and everyone. You could buy Gen 8 games along (or after) with Gen 4 remakes on the Switch.

If you don't want to do either of these things, sorry, GF could not help you.
It sounds like you're jumping the gun here. There's no confirmation of a Pokémon game coming to Switch.

I really hope they do the Azure flute event. No reason now that everyone knows how to this, right?

I really hope they do the Azure flute event. No reason now that everyone knows how to this, right?

If they redistribute Arceus for DP remakes, I think it is almost certainly going to be a direct download rather than something you capture in-game, as has been the case for every event Pokémon released after the first Victini event for BW, with the brief exception of the Eon Ticket in ORAS (but that was specifically meant to emulate the record mixing feature from the original games).

If they redistribute Arceus for DP remakes, I think it is almost certainly going to be a direct download rather than something you capture in-game, as has been the case for every event Pokémon released after the first Victini event for BW, with the brief exception of the Eon Ticket in ORAS (but that was specifically meant to emulate the record mixing feature from the original games).

There was at least one time where you could capture Arceus in game (kinda) which was the 'Dream World' event where you had to capture Arceus in a dream ball once you had transferred them to your game.

It sounds like you're jumping the gun here. There's no confirmation of a Pokémon game coming to Switch.

Well, I doubt there would be Sinnoh remakes for the 3DS. Game Freak would say: why bother doing them where the original Sinnoh games are still playable on the 3DS.
We didn't get GSC on e-Shop maybe because HGSS is playable on the 3DS.

Well, I doubt there would be Sinnoh remakes for the 3DS. Game Freak would say: why bother doing them where the original Sinnoh games are still playable on the 3DS.
We didn't get GSC on e-Shop maybe because HGSS is playable on the 3DS.
My first post on this thread said that we wouldn't get remakes until backwards-compatibility was lost, but I won't get hyped until we get confirmation. Personally, I think Game Freak should prioritise optimising their games properly on 3DS first.

There was at least one time where you could capture Arceus in game (kinda) which was the 'Dream World' event where you had to capture Arceus in a dream ball once you had transferred them to your game.

Yeah, but that's the Dream World; that was kind of its own method. And anyway, you were still downloading an Arceus onto your game rather than an item.

Yeah, Dream World doesn't really count as in game because it's still something that you need to download your game instead of something that's just there to begin with. The only time an event Pokemon has ever been available in game is Deoxys being catchable in the Delta Episode in ORAS. I could see them doing something similar with Arceus in DP. Really, they could do the same with all of the 4th gen event Pokemon (except Manaphy) since they all have direct ties to in game places and events, but I don't see them distributing three event Pokemon in game so they'll probably go with the Pokemon most relevant to the core storyline which is Arceus.

I can imagine a Delta-like episode involving Giratina and the Distortion World...
Though I also see a Delta-like episode involving Arceus...
And it's not that hard to imagine these two ideas turning into one really cool episode BOTH Pokémon, so...
*starts hoping for a really cool post-game on Gen IV remake, whenever that comes out*

I can imagine a Delta-like episode involving Giratina and the Distortion World...
Though I also see a Delta-like episode involving Arceus...
And it's not that hard to imagine these two ideas turning into one really cool episode BOTH Pokémon, so...
*starts hoping for a really cool post-game on Gen IV remake, whenever that comes out*
It would be awesome to have a platinum episode involving giratina and arceus :)

I've been lurking for a while, but it's time for my take on this:
Game Freak did a recent hiring stating that they were looking for developers to animate 3D creature models, and also have hiring going on for a new RPG game, which is probably a main series Pokemon game. We also have walking animations for all 802 Pokemon, and those would be used for sure in one place.

Amity Square.

Also, I do think they should finish Gen 7 on the 3DS, and then kickstart Gen 8 with a bang on the Switch. Gen 5 was still on the 3DS, and they were fine. Splitting up a gen is a bad idea for sales, as many people may not want to buy a whole new console just to play Pokemon (though people did do that for Zelda).

All the evidence is leading up to a Sinnoh remake. Even the fact that there's only two new Mythicals in the Gen 7 Pokedex shows us that they will need some Mythicals to fill in the gaps, and Sinnoh had plenty.

I hope that we see a Sinnoh remake soon, but soon meaning in 2019 or 2020. The time doesn't feel right for them now. It would be better if they arrived in the Switch-era of Gen 8 and after the initial pair. Imagine the HD experience!

I hope that we see a Sinnoh remake soon, but soon meaning in 2019 or 2020. The time doesn't feel right for them now. It would be better if they arrived in the Switch-era of Gen 8 and after the initial pair. Imagine the HD experience!
There's no real reason to split a generation between two consoles. It's a horrible business decision since you'll be relying on people who are willing to buy a whole new console just to play Pokemon.

I've been lurking for a while, but it's time for my take on this:
Game Freak did a recent hiring stating that they were looking for developers to animate 3D creature models, and also have hiring going on for a new RPG game, which is probably a main series Pokemon game. We also have walking animations for all 802 Pokemon, and those would be used for sure in one place.

Amity Square.

Making all those models was a lot of work, with unique walking and running animations and all that. It would be a huge waste of effort to only use them in Amity Square, it makes more sense if Pokémon will be able to follow you through the whole game again. Though with Amity Square being a thing, I wouldn't be surprised if the DPPt remakes are the game in which we're getting that again. One can only hope they will actually keep it in future games this time then too...

There's no real reason to split a generation between two consoles. It's a horrible business decision since you'll be relying on people who are willing to buy a whole new console just to play Pokemon.

They will have to do that at some point anyway. Why does it matter if it happens in gen 7 or in gen 8?

And Pokémon isn't the only game on the Switch, like you said: a lot of people bought the thing to play Zelda for one and a lot of people will do it for Splatoon 2 too. This thing has been sold a lot already, they aren't relying on people willing to buy it only for Pokémon at all. They are relying on people who've already bought it and want to play Pokémon on it. And those won't be just a few people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom