• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will have to do that at some point anyway. Why does it matter if it happens in gen 7 or in gen 8?

Because new generations sell better and are much better at capitalizing on the Switch's popularity? Because they have more flexibility with new graphical engines and gameplay mechanics designed from the ground up for the Switch? Because putting 7th gen on a new console is an incredibly awkward transition and defeats the purpose of having 7th gen debut on 3DS in the first place?

Because putting 7th gen on a new console is an incredibly awkward transition and defeats the purpose of having 7th gen debut on 3DS in the first place?

Can you please give me the definition of a generation?

What if SM was never meant to be a complete generation? We haven't got the official definition of a generation anywhere. Nor do the developers mention generations.

What if SM was meant to be a single project? What if they wanted to make SM anniversary games, and get to the Switch early? SM could easily be a Gen 7, and the games on the Switch Gen 7.5.

GF dosen't care about a Generation No. each game is a single project for them.

Can you please give me the definition of a generation?

What if SM was never meant to be a complete generation? We haven't got the official definition of a generation anywhere. Nor do the developers mention generations.

What if SM was meant to be a single project? What if they wanted to make SM anniversary games, and get to the Switch early? SM could easily be a Gen 7, and the games on the Switch Gen 7.5.

GF dosen't care about a Generation No. each game is a single project for them.

The definition of a generation has little to do with this. What matters is how they're designing the game. If they're making another Gen 7 game, they probably won't be creating a new engine for it. It'll probably just be SM's engine with a few tweaks. And that's not going to draw a lot of people to the Switch regardless of if they call it Gen 7 or Gen 7.5 or whatever.

Anyway, this is starting to get off topic. Back to DP, the best approach would be a custom built engine. The updated graphics would help it look like a significant leap over the original and open up even more for the gameplay if they wait.

Here's everything I want:
-Platinum as the template.
-Aether Foundation scientists in Sinnoh conducting research.
-Tribute to Iwata in Jubilife.
-Battle Frontier.
-Mega Evolutions for the Sinnoh starters and other Pokemon. Would make sense since Professor Rowan studies evolution.
-Underground revamp, including the placement of some Z-Crystals and Mega Stones there.
-More Poketch apps.
-Post-game Platinum Episode with Giratina.
-Actual events for Mythicals.
-Legendaries from past gens obtainable.
-Regigigas lore expanded upon.
-Better contests.

No offence, PkmnTrainerV, but you're getting insistent.

Here's everything I want from DP remakes, or Stars, or whatever the next game/s is/are:

Also, in these theoretical remakes, do you think they'll update the region design? After playing Sun, the Hoenn of ORAS looks oddly square.

Also, in these theoretical remakes, do you think they'll update the region design? After playing Sun, the Hoenn of ORAS looks oddly square.
Beautifully square*, you mean. ;)

I just love the old school, blocky, square Pokemon regions. If they hadn´t kept the squary design of RSE Hoenn in ORAS, it wouldn´t have felt like the real Hoenn anymore.

I don´t know how will they procede for Sinnoh though. They will have to redesign it a lot more I think, because the SM engine is gridless.

Last edited:
How they handle the grid based design is an interesting question for sure. I don't think they'll do too much with it, it'd be too much risk for too little benefit, but they'll probably let the player move grid free and maybe a few other little touches.

My Wishlist for Sinnoh Remakes-
1. A form-focused game, introducing forms for legendary Pokemon. The original Sinnoh games were form- and 'cross-evolution' focused too, so it makes sense.
2. Megas for the iconic Pokemon of Sinnoh, a la Starters, and Staraptor, among others. Megas for the Johto Starters too.
3. 'Sinnoh-Forms', showing how Johto, Hoenn, Kalos, Unova Pokemon adapted to Sinnoh.
4. More fire type lines.
5. Silvally-Arceus subplot.
4. Relation between Ultra Beasts, Distortion World, and Ultra Space explained.
5. Exclusive Z-Crystal for Victini... (since they decided to go with Mew the first time, I chose Victini since it's my favourite, but Celebi is more likely).

3. Maybe not Johto and Glenn, because Game Freak don't like doing retcons, but other than that, I agree.
4. Platinum...

3. Well, since Kanto got most of the spotlight in the forms department, I honk that Johto can get some too in Sinnoh.
4. I may be biased becuase I'm a fire-type lover, but wouldn't it be a bit ironic that the main games known for less amount of fire types now have a lot of them?

All right, here's my wish list:

1. Keep Platinum's Sinnoh Dex
2. Distribute the Pokeradar during the main storyline and have it work like the Dexnav
3. National Dex Pokemon can be found in the main game using the Pokeradar
4. Agreed that the starters still need Megas or some other type of power boost, other than that I don't care if they do Megas or regional variants or what
5. New forms for Dialga and Palkia
6. Post game story arc involving Giratina, the Distortion World, and Arceus
7. Storyline connection between DP and SM's elements, particularly Ultra Space and Type:Null/Silvally
8. You can now connect with people online in the Underground.
9. Make the lesser Regis accessible in game without an event.
10. A few other legendaries and Ultra Beasts catchable post game.
11. Revamp Honey Trees in some way to make it less annoying to use.
12. Replace HMs with Poke Ride.
13. Some type of battle facility that isn't a generic Tower/Subway/Maison facility if not a full Battle Frontier

All right, here's my wish list:

1. Keep Platinum's Sinnoh Dex
2. Distribute the Pokeradar during the main storyline and have it work like the Dexnav
3. National Dex Pokemon can be found in the main game using the Pokeradar
4. Agreed that the starters still need Megas or some other type of power boost, other than that I don't care if they do Megas or regional variants or what
5. New forms for Dialga and Palkia
6. Post game story arc involving Giratina, the Distortion World, and Arceus
7. Storyline connection between DP and SM's elements, particularly Ultra Space and Type:Null/Silvally
8. You can now connect with people online in the Underground.
9. Make the lesser Regis accessible in game without an event.
11. Revamp Honey Trees in some way to make it less annoying to use.
12. Replace HMs with Poke Ride.
13. Some type of battle facility that isn't a generic Tower/Subway/Maison facility if not a full Battle Frontier

1. That could work, it's better than DP pokedex
2. It probably would be a post-game for Pokeradar
3. They always have the national pokedex in the post-game
4. We do need new megas for the starters and other pokemons, also we do need sinnoh form too
5. Maybe Primal Formes, or maybe new forms
6. Platinum Episodes sounds like a good idea, involving Giratina, Team Galactic, Distortion World and Arceus
7. They do connect, like the Distortion World and Ultra Space story, along with Arceus and Type:Nul
8. I hope they have better online connection for DP remake
9. True, It would be a lot easier to access them
10. Just like Pokemon ORAS
11. I hope they can do that too
12. The HMs should stay gone, Pokeride are better
13. Let's see what Gamefreak might come up with

To be honest here, one of my concerns about Sun and Moon is that there as so many Pokémon tied to the plot or the region (the Ultra Beasts, the Cosmos, Type: Null and Silvally, the Tapus) that I'm worried Game Freak will have to shoehorn them into later generations.

Also, since it's/they're one/a set of the most popular spinoff/s, how about a reference to Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers? It could be something as minor as, say, having a double trainer battle against a Wigglytuff and a Chatot.

I'd love to see a tribute to Iwata in Jubilife since it's based on Sapporo in Japan, where Iwata is from.

To be honest here, one of my concerns about Sun and Moon is that there as so many Pokémon tied to the plot or the region (the Ultra Beasts, the Cosmos, Type: Null and Silvally, the Tapus) that I'm worried Game Freak will have to shoehorn them into later generations.

I'm actually curious as to how these could be handled in other games without causing issue.

2. It probably would be a post-game for Pokeradar

Don't be so sure. If they make the same connection between Pokeradar and the Dexnav that I have, this would be a no brainer. The Dexnav is so universally regarded as the best thing since sliced bread that they'd likely make it a main game mechanic if they see a way for it to fit the region.

3. They always have the national pokedex in the post-game

Do they? SM didn't have one at all, it was tied to Bank, and you could catch Pokemon outside of the Alola Dex before beating the game via Island Scan. It seems like SM may be starting a new trend with the National Dex, they might not want to include a National Dex in post game anymore because it's a lot to keep track of and a lot of transferring and they saw this as another area for streamlining. Basically what I'm saying is that the Pokeradar could be this game's Island Scan.

-Regigigas lore expanded upon.

I, too, want this. I've been expecting some extra backstory for the Regis in ORAS because they never explained how and why they are connected to Braille (only Pokemon Adventures features a Braille stone tablet being read by a child who can't see). The Regis have dots for their faces, which blinks in some sort of pattern when they communicate. What I've mostly heard is that Braille is the closest to a code that humans can understand without making it glaringly obvious, and since Hoenn was pretty much isolated from Johto there was no way to bring in the Unown so they went for a different code.

But why did it have to be Braille, and why did they design the Regis based on Braille?

Braille itself is a very special and meaningful method of communication for the visually challenged, and I am really uncomfortable with no backstory about it in Pokemon. There's not even a single mention about how visually challenged people live in the pokemon world, or, for heaven's sake, how someone with a broken leg gets around doing their daily activities. We've only seen people with no physical problems (aside from possibly Ghetsis), which somehow seems rather weird seeing how they're hanging out with monsters that breath fire and poison and have giant claws, and humans only get minor burns or scratches ._.

I feel that Regigigas is the last chance where they can shed some light on this. Since it is the trio master, I really really hope they make some mention about how and why it has Braille on its face and what it means in the pokemon world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom