• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet they seems to be likely to add one regardless, though Dram Abilities are Borderline, they added one major gamehanging new mechanics since Black and White.

• V: Hidden Abilities (again boarderline, but considering you had to go to the Dream World to get them in V...)
  • VI: Mega-Evolutions.
  • VII: Z-Moves and Alola Forms.
I wonder what Gen VIII will have in store for us?

My theory is that either they'll introduce something related to abilities, or the mechanism of capturing Pokemon.

Reasoning- It depends on if Hidden abilities count as the gimmick or not.

1. If Hidden abilities count-:
These gens have changed the fundamental concepts of Pokemon-: Catch, Train, Evolve and Battle.
XY powered up the concept of evolution, introducing Mega Evolution.
SM changed battling, since moves are fundamental to battling, introducing Z-Moves.
BW revolutionised abilities with hidden abilities.
XY and SM had variations of Super training, changing training for lvl 100 'mons.

So, the only one remaining from the fundamental fours is the 'Catch' section, so I think Gen 8 will introduce a gimmick for catching Pokemon.

2. If hidden abilities don't count
Then taking all the previous points except the BW one, we can narrow down the gimmick list to something akin to super abilities, and the gimmick for catching 'mons.

If they introduce Sinnoh forms, they'd probably be like the ORAS megas, which don't exist in the code of XY.

Also, last night, I came up with the idea of regional variants for Chinchou and Lanturn which would be Dark/Electric type and look more like real anglerfish.

Well they've always had some type of new form since XY, so whether it's Megas, regional variants, or something new we'll probably have some type of form gimmick.

My theory is that either they'll introduce something related to abilities, or the mechanism of capturing Pokemon.

Reasoning- It depends on if Hidden abilities count as the gimmick or not.

1. If Hidden abilities count-:
These gens have changed the fundamental concepts of Pokemon-: Catch, Train, Evolve and Battle.
XY powered up the concept of evolution, introducing Mega Evolution.
SM changed battling, since moves are fundamental to battling, introducing Z-Moves.
BW revolutionised abilities with hidden abilities.
XY and SM had variations of Super training, changing training for lvl 100 'mons.

So, the only one remaining from the fundamental fours is the 'Catch' section, so I think Gen 8 will introduce a gimmick for catching Pokemon.

2. If hidden abilities don't count
Then taking all the previous points except the BW one, we can narrow down the gimmick list to something akin to super abilities, and the gimmick for catching 'mons.

They've already done a mechanic for capturing too, they introduced Critical Captures in 5th gen. Not quite as major as some of the others, but still counts.

Well they've always had some type of new form since XY, so whether it's Megas, regional variants, or something new we'll probably have some type of form gimmick.

They've already done a mechanic for capturing too, they introduced Critical Captures in 5th gen. Not quite as major as some of the others, but still counts.

I think they may repeat some topics twice. They did it for the 'Evolution' tag line. After mega evolutions, they introduced Alola Forms, which sort of tie into the real world meaning of evolution.

Team Skull has no reason to be represented in Sinnoh remakes.

Aether FUNdation could fit in, though. After all the creation of Type: Null is based on the myth of Arceus.

Instead of Gen 4 Remake, How would you feel about Gen IV Sequel, it'll be 10 year later after the original DP/Pl, Ultra beast, Aether Foundation, and Ultra Space will tie over the DP sequel. It might have some references from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness probably involving Primal Dialga. What do you think?

Instead of Gen 4 Remake, How would you feel about Gen IV Sequel, it'll be 10 year later after the original DP/Pl, Ultra beast, Aether Foundation, and Ultra Space will tie over the DP sequel. It might have some references from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness probably involving Primal Dialga. What do you think?
To be honest, I doubt that they're going to put Primal Dialga into a main game, because at the end of the day, it's just a palette swap. I would appreciate a PMD2 reference, but not anything major.

I'd like to see Team Skull in Sinnoh if only to watch Guzma clash with Cyrus.

One team leader is fourth-wall-breakingly, swaggeringly hilarious, the other has a rod so far up his butt it's amazing he can move. Plus Cyrus has the Sideshow Bob quality if taking himself *way* too seriously, so they'd be a great 'straight guy/funny guy'.. Yes, I want to see these two meet, even if only for a brief cameo moment. Maybe Guzma can teach Cyrus that just because you messed up as a kid, doesn't mean you have to spend your adult life getting mixed up in screwy plots, wormholes and the universe-destroying creatures that come outta them.

From this video, that it was from last week

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5marwJ-hrww

It's just pure specualtion and theory, and I don't take it seriously, but what if the "Stars" is codename not for sun and moon, but for DP remake or DP sequel. For one he said that making a Sun and Moon sequel with "star" as a codename is just too obvious and bland, and the Pokemon Company and GF try not to be too predictable. In Sun and Moon they used codename "Rainbow" meaning it was referring to class Rainbow in Hawaii. The codename "stars" is the sun and in space, time and space are Gen 4, which does mean Dialga represent Time and Palkia represents space. so it does make since to see Gen 4 on Nintendo Switch

Speaking of sequel, People been wanting a DP remake, because it's the 10th anniversary of Diamond and Pearl, and it time to celebrate it with a remake, but Gamefreak been doing the same pattern over and over again. For example, Gen 3 got Gen 1 remake, Gen 4 got Gen 2 remake, Gen 5 had sequel to Black and White, no third game or remake, and Gen 6 had Gen 3 remake, why am I asking, well for once we've been having main games, third game, remakes, and one sequel (Black and White). we might be seeing Gen 4 remake in Gen 7 or Gen 8, but here's two thing I came up with:

Instead of a remake to Diamond and Pearl, How about DP Sequel, it'll be like Black 2 and White 2 with Platinum materials and it'll take place 10 years later from the original events of Diamond and Pearl especially from the events of sun and moon, it'll have new megas, new exclusive z-moves, and sinnoh forms or GF can do a remake and sequel to Diamond and Pearl, remake the original one and then ties off with the sequel of the remake.

what do you think, like i said it all just pure speuclation.

From this video, that it was from last week

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5marwJ-hrww

It's just pure specualtion and theory, and I don't take it seriously, but what if the "Stars" is codename not for sun and moon, but for DP remake or DP sequel. For one he said that making a Sun and Moon sequel with "star" as a codename is just too obvious and bland, and the Pokemon Company and GF try not to be too predictable. In Sun and Moon they used codename "Rainbow" meaning it was referring to class Rainbow in Hawaii. The codename "stars" is the sun and in space, time and space are Gen 4, which does mean Dialga represent Time and Palkia represents space. so it does make since to see Gen 4 on Nintendo Switch

Speaking of sequel, People been wanting a DP remake, because it's the 10th anniversary of Diamond and Pearl, and it time to celebrate it with a remake, but Gamefreak been doing the same pattern over and over again. For example, Gen 3 got Gen 1 remake, Gen 4 got Gen 2 remake, Gen 5 had sequel to Black and White, no third game or remake, and Gen 6 had Gen 3 remake, why am I asking, well for once we've been having main games, third game, remakes, and one sequel (Black and White). we might be seeing Gen 4 remake in Gen 7 or Gen 8, but here's two thing I came up with:

Instead of a remake to Diamond and Pearl, How about DP Sequel, it'll be like Black 2 and White 2 with Platinum materials and it'll take place 10 years later from the original events of Diamond and Pearl especially from the events of sun and moon, it'll have new megas, new exclusive z-moves, and sinnoh forms or GF can do a remake and sequel to Diamond and Pearl, remake the original one and then ties off with the sequel of the remake.

what do you think, like i said it all just pure speuclation.

It's a codename, they're not going to use it as the final name, so it doesn't matter if it's too predictable because the average consumer probably won't know about it. If Stars is real, it's most definitely an Alola game. That name only really fits with Sun and Moon, it's vaguely related to space and time but not close enough to really signify DP remakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom