• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marshadow is a nice addition, but those three new characters... Just what is the point? They aren't from any games and feel so forced in the context of Ash's Kanto journey, even if this is a reboot. I don't know who is supposed to appreciate this decision.

Even the people who were hoping for Dawn just because of Piplup didn't get their wish.

The only way I can wrap my head around this is if these characters turn out to be from the next games.

Last edited:

TEAM ROCKET WILL APPEAR!!!!!
Oh. Also Marshadow and some new characters. New characters seem to serve as traveling companions.
I won't complain. A retelling is a retelling. The anime staff is the anime staff. This was to be expected.
STILL, TEAM ROCKET'S IN THERE!!!!!

inb4 they are the playable characters and rival from gen 8

After seeing the trailer my first action is to come here and comment. For starters I don't really care Takeshi and Kasumi to be absent, although I don't get the reason for introducing two new characters....
Yamabuki City appears! Satoshi is battling in an arena, which seems to be a gym (probably Erika's, as there're trees)!
Trio is there too (with their XY designs) - I just hate their SM ones.

Now what else are we gonna get in the future?

Yeah, I think that scene is Pikachu battling Tangela

I just saw the trailer...so I take it Misty & Brock are probably not in this Movie for keeps, correct?

Ash & TR are in it, though, but that was to be expected, not shocked there.

The anime really doesn't care about older fans.
I had this feeling they would ditch Misty and Brock before the target audience doesn't know about them, and there's nothing we could do about that. But I never expected new characters.
And that Piplup is so random.
Anyways, it's Pokémon and they will still make money off it.

Speaking of the probability of no Brock or Misty appearances in Movie 20 being likely based on this trailer, it seems like Gary too may not be involved, judging from that fire-type trainer boy, imo.

Well, can't say I'm too excited now.

OCs instead of Misty and Brock seems stupid even just from a marketing perspective. The execs for this show are FULL OF SHIT.

They only care about little kids. Do kids know about Misty and Brock?

But yes, this is Trubbish!

Piplup and the guy has a Lucario. I think certain remakes are coming

Not necessarily.
But both are from Gen 4.

Well shit, son...o_O

This goes way beyond what I thought they were doing. This is just a retelling of the Kanto days. This is a total reboot to start to Movies over from the ground up :eek:

Though I guess we should've known. Part of me almost KNEW a Mythical would have to be a part of this...:cautious:

The new companions threw me for a loop though :confused:

Ok all the people complaining about new characters and saying the movie is going to be terrible, you can't be sure. Misty and Brock have moved on and no amount of whining is bringing them back. It honestly just seems the popular thing to do is complain over their absence when it really isn't a giant deal that they aren't around anymore.

Onto the trailer, THIS MOVIE LOOKS SO AMAZING! The music, the art style, the new characters.. IM STOKED. I'm really excited for it to come out.
+So glad they added the thunderbolt onto Pikachu's pokeball again. I don't think it was in the other previews, but im not 100% positive it wasn't.

Ok all the people complaining about new characters and saying the movie is going to be terrible, you can't be sure. Misty and Brock have moved on and no amount of whining is bringing them back. It honestly just seems the popular thing to do is complain over their absence when it really isn't a giant deal that they aren't around anymore.

If you're gonna go for nostalgia appeal why half-ass it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom