• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

New Zealand has had a fairly eclectic range of weather in the past two weeks thanks to the remnants of two cyclones coming our way, giving us a lovely mix of heat and death-rain. I know it's not a terribly fun topic, but it has me wondering - what's the weather like where you all live at the mo?

New Zealand has had a fairly eclectic range of weather in the past two weeks thanks to the remnants of two cyclones coming our way, giving us a lovely mix of heat and death-rain. I know it's not a terribly fun topic, but it has me wondering - what's the weather like where you all live at the mo?
The weather's been really nice over the past few days in the UK.

About four days ago, the temperatures struggled to get to 40F, and yesterday's high was 82F. The standard temperature range for western New York, even during the winter.

YouTube has suddenly decided to zoom itself out - on the default setting, the video appears smaller, and the side-columns are wider. This is completely independent of my browser's zoom. How do I change it back?
EDIT: It's because I had the favourites bar displayed. WHY?

Last edited:
Well the heat has now given way to an absolute soaking wet storm, which means I'm trapped inside and can't play Pokemon Go. My life is ruined!

Cherrim is a goodie - nice concept, one of those Pokemon that is undeniably a gimmick but an unrecognised one at that. I have one in Galactic but it is tough to give it much attention

There was meant to be the remnant of another cyclone here today and it completely bypassed my city after we were told for ages to prepare for the worst storm in decades. Really annoying to cancel plans due to weather reports and have it all blow over anyway.

Anyone doing anything special for the Easter break?

There was meant to be the remnant of another cyclone here today and it completely bypassed my city after we were told for ages to prepare for the worst storm in decades. Really annoying to cancel plans due to weather reports and have it all blow over anyway.
Welcome to every "life threatening blizzard" that crosses the western fields of New York. 16 INCHES of snow! -30F wind chills! Mandatory travel ban! Check on your neighbors, make sure they haven't died from carbon monoxide poisoning!

Then the day of the storm comes, we get maybe two inches if that, it's sunny most of the day and temperatures are pushing into 40F.

Welcome to every "life threatening blizzard" that crosses the western fields of New York. 16 INCHES of snow! -30F wind chills! Mandatory travel ban! Check on your neighbors, make sure they haven't died from carbon monoxide poisoning!

Then the day of the storm comes, we get maybe two inches if that, it's sunny most of the day and temperatures are pushing into 40F.

Oh yeah, THAT nonsense.

The last "big one" in March actually left my neighborhood with less snow after the "bilzzard" than before.

And being I live on a coastal island, I was expecting to get the worst of it.

I always hear about England's legendary reactions to snow. An inch in London shuts the whole country down. Is it true that's when the raving bands of cannibals surface for their yearly feast?

Is it true that's when the raving bands of cannibals surface for their yearly feast?

Yes and no. The Others usually try to invade from Inverness. You never hear about it because the Scots ignore them and to the average elite Londoner, the north of England means Cambridge. I don't think the Others have made it further than Blackpool for about twenty years now

Back
Top Bottom