• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Welcome to every "life threatening blizzard" that crosses the western fields of New York. 16 INCHES of snow! -30F wind chills! Mandatory travel ban! Check on your neighbors, make sure they haven't died from carbon monoxide poisoning!

Then the day of the storm comes, we get maybe two inches if that, it's sunny most of the day and temperatures are pushing into 40F.
The MetService here complained about how people don't take their warnings seriously, and it's like, try actually delivering on your promise for once :p I'd actually love if there was a cyclone or something here for once because then we would actually get some follow through. And usually, weather that gets predicted as being light rain or whatever usually turns out to be an extreme storm that causes all the drama. Part of the problem usually is the media then sending reporters out to wait for storm damage and we expect something disastrous and it turns out to be nothing.

I never upgraded to Windows 10. I felt kind of dumb at the time since they were giving it away for free for so long, but then I ended up using it at work and it was a nightmare. I was the only person who had it since they had gotten a new desktop for me to use so no one knew how to use it, not even the tech person. I'm perfectly comfortable with my Windows 7 though.

Actually, it does work. I just didn't have the right settings in Audacity.

In other news, last night I had a dream where Clamperl was a Tapu.

Wait, black hair with strands of white and grey? You have no idea how jealous I am right now. In order to get that done to my own terrible hair by a stylist will run me around $300!

I have a couple long and tiny shiny strands of graying hair, have had since I was about 25. Gets me extra looks and wink flirting from the chicks, other than than unfortunately no more niceties to it. Strangely enough they're pretty much the only graying hairs I have since then. I'm not even sure if it is normal or not.

Headphones have always been awful to set up, so I feel your pain, Nitro. Luckily I haven't needed to get a new set for a year or so now.

I have a couple greys hairs and was recently told that my hair looks like I have naturally grey highlights. ...I'm saving up to get blonde highlights instead again.

Thankfully, this new headset's quality is much better than my previous one, which had one headphone, and was so uncomfortable that I resorted to laying it on my desk. I've been on a video-making roll recently and recorded and finished two videos with it.

(And please, call me Indigo.)

I keep thinking I've spotted grey hairs on my sides but then they seemed to disappear, so I think it is maybe a trick of the light. Not too worried though, as it's quite easy to shave that part and have a halfway decent haircut XD

Saw this interesting list the other day of the most famous books to take place in every state, and it got me wondering - are there any really 'definitive' stories set in each of the regions?

Damn my dad's genes for my prematurely greying head, I'll say that

In terms of fanfiction? None that I can think of. But I think that's more to do with the amount of worldbuilding that needs to go into even the later regions - it's harder, I think, to capture the essence of a region when so much of it is up for the imagination.

I'd take grey hair over balding any day.

It's hard to come up with definitive stories for each region, mostly because the earlier regions are so saturated and the more recent regions have barely gotten any attention yet. Even if we were to narrow it down to stories here, I wouldn't be able to pick from the massive amount of stories set in Kanto and Johto, while the rest of the regions only really have a handful apiece. The Long Walk is the only story I can think of that's deliberate enough in its worldbuilding of a region as a whole to be possibly described as "definitive" of the region.

Damn my dad's genes for my prematurely greying head, I'll say that
I don't know if the same applies to grey hair, but the balding gene actually comes from your mother, funnily enough. Prince William and Harry are good examples of that, as they are quite bald while Prince Charles has a healthy head of hair.

I definitely wish there were more stories here that dealt with the regions as a whole. Mostly we have a lot of good 'definitive' stories of certain genres and tropes. What about on FF.net, are there very many there?

Wouldn't it be really awkward if you created your own region and that and then someone came and used it and wrote a better version of it? :p
Better? HA!

Though it would be awkward if TPCI "paraphrased" my work, changing it just enough to make it distinct in its own right, but an obvious ripoff. There wouldn't be anything I could do about that, though.

Something I realised a few days ago that's been bothering me way more than it should: In Diamond and Pearl, the PokéDex refers to Unown's forms as "one form". As in, they're using "one" as an article. In something that was translated from Japanese. How do you even...?

That being said, remember my post about dublings? Because using "one" as the indefinite article sounds like a mistake that could be made when translating from most European languages to English. Can anyone think of an example of that? Because I can't.

Back
Top Bottom