• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

How to use the bottle cap? I put it onto my Swampert that I competitively bred and trains like two years ago and she's missing her sp defense IVs and the bottle cap did nothing but get held.

How to use the bottle cap? I put it onto my Swampert that I competitively bred and trains like two years ago and she's missing her sp defense IVs and the bottle cap did nothing but get held.

You need to go to Mr. Hyper in the Hau'oli City shopping mall, in this shop:

SM_Prerelease_Hyper_Training_booth.png

He'll train your Pokémon for you in exchange for the Bottle Cap.

You need to go to Mr. Hyper in the Hau'oli City shopping mall, in this shop:

SM_Prerelease_Hyper_Training_booth.png

He'll train your Pokémon for you in exchange for the Bottle Cap.

@Kirby4ever Please remember, they need to be lvl 100 in order to get hyper trained.
Oh yeah I forgot about Mr. Hyper. My Swampert is already at level 100, so that's done.

Let's say I have a HA kanto vulpix, If I breed it in alola will it result in a HA Alolan vulpix? has anyone tested this?

Let's say I have a HA kanto vulpix, If I breed it in alola will it result in a HA Alolan vulpix? has anyone tested this?
As far as I remember (which may not be saying much since it's been a long time since I last played), to breed a Pokémon with a regional variant that came from an older game to have its offspring be its original form rather than an Alola Form, you need to have it holding the Everstone.

In other words, if I have it correctly, just breed as usual (taking care that your Everstone is not on the female/non-Ditto parent) and you should be able to breed HAs off that Vulpix into Alola Form offspring.

According to Bulbapedia:
In Alola, when breeding Pokémon whose offspring has a regional variant, the offspring's form depends on its parents. If either parent is the species' normal form and holds an Everstone, and if the offspring is in the same family as that parent, then the offspring will hatch as the normal form. In all other cases, the offspring will always hatch in its Alola Form.

So what TouyaShiro above me said is correct, to get the Alolan form the female/non-Ditto parent should not hold an Everstone.

However, I do not see anything one way or the other that confirms about HA part. Soooooo, looks like you can definitively tell us what happens. Can't wait for your updates!

However, I do not see anything one way or the other that confirms about HA part. Soooooo, looks like you can definitively tell us what happens. Can't wait for your updates!
I just tested it and it DOES work.
I bred a Kanto Ninetales with Drought with a Ditto -no Everstones- and they resulted in a Alolan Vulpix with Snow Warning.

I just tested it and it DOES work.
I bred a Kanto Ninetales with Drought with a Ditto -no Everstones- and they resulted in a Alolan Vulpix with Snow Warning.
Thanks for testing this out, I'll defiantly be breeding my Kanto HA Vulpix when I transfer it into Pokemon Sun. ;)

I'm dead curious on a thing that I just can't find the answer anywhere: What is the quiz music that plays at the Lumiose city gym? It's a ticking music, which I really like, but for some reason, it seems inexistent on Youtube, at the very least.

Nope, that's just the "ARE YOU RIGHT?" music. What I've been wanting is the music that plays when you are choosing the answer.

Nope, that's just the "ARE YOU RIGHT?" music. What I've been wanting is the music that plays when you are choosing the answer.

Ah right I get what you mean now. I've been through the whole OST though and it doesn't seem to be there indeed. Weird for an OST that includes every little sound...

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

In ruby, my shiftry leveled to 49 but did not learn leaf storm? is there any way to make it learn it? i play it on visual boy advance so going back to my last saved file as level 48 shouldn't be a problem.

Try check Bubapedia, but click the right generation symbols to see it's learn set.

I participated in the most recent global mission and hatched 3 eggs, which was the amount necessary for getting the Love Ball and Rare Candies. However, the Global Link says that my game is ineligible for receiving the gift. I was able to get all the previous gifts with no issues, so I have no idea why that happened. Does anyone know what it might be and how I may be able to fix this?

Did you connect to the Festival Plaza and Game Synced after hatching the eggs? If not, then the PGL didn't receive the information of you hatching the eggs.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom