• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

That person had a point - I shouldn't be so fickle with ordering art - but they were being condescending about it.

Pet peeve: handicap abilities. What's the point of making powerful Pokémon in the first place?

The Long Walk is the only story I can think of that's deliberate enough in its worldbuilding of a region as a whole to be possibly described as "definitive" of the region.

Personally I lean towards the idea that Johto would need to be distinctively Japanese to be called definitive, which my version decidedly isn't.

I wouldn't mind my version of Goldenrod City becoming fanon, mind

@Kazekage Such as?

And another thing... the other day, someone on that same website I was talking about randomly answered an opinion question in a thread that hadn't been posted in for three years, and got mad at me when I asked them about it. Yeah... the community on that site isn't for me.

Unpopular opinion: shinies are overrated. At the end of the day, it's just a palette swap.

Also, Zelda Universe doesn't work on Wii U.

Unpopular opinion: shinies are overrated. At the end of the day, it's just a palette swap.
I've always thought this way about Shinies. I'd just say, "Do you really need it?" I mean, not to be impolite or discourage any Shiny-hunters, of course. Feel free to do that sort of thing if it's your... thing. :p

The easiest way to get shinies, for me, was through friend safaris in X/Y. And I got very lucky with the Masuda method when I gave it a chance, though that luck ran out after 3 shinies in a couple days. Otherwise, I just traded because that was quicker and shiny trading shops were huge for the longest time.

Literally the only shinies I've gotten without intending to in all my years of playing = a totodile in my first run of Silver, which I thought was a glitch so I started over, and a zubat in X/Y.

I've only ever encountered two Shiny Pokémon - a Relicanth and an Elgyem, the former from chain fishing and the other from DexNav chaining.

Otherwise, I have a few from Wonder Trade, but none from breeding so far.

I have never encountered a single shiny. I'd love to meet just one in game, even if it is something as remarkably useless as a Pikipek or something. I do think in fiction they have a benefit, as it shows that they can come in different colours/patterns which makes things more interesting to describe. I do like to think that one day we'll get a game that has patterns for the Pokemon and not just copy and pasted - but, given how long it took to let you change the avatars clothing, that probably won't happen until at least 2050.

Yesterday, I wanted to record a video, but Audacity didn't pick up any sound. Today, I tried using my laptop's built-in microphone, but that didn't work either. So basically, my laptop, which I've owned for just over a week, decided to stop recognising audio input, and my previous laptop decided one day to stop recognising any output besides the built-in speakers. Yay...

EDIT: And Microsoft doesn't have a support email. Double yay...

EDIT2: I realised that the problem is that Audacity is recording the system's audio, rather than external. I don't know how I turned it on, and I don't know how to turn it off. Is there a computer support subreddit?

Last edited:
That sounds like an issue with Audacity, not your computer. Does Audacity's site have a help section?
Turned out that the only recording device I had turned on was the Stereo Mix, so I disabled it and enabled the built-in microphone. Unfortunately, the headset is still broken, and the built-in microphone makes me sound like I'm in a well.

eh, I've hunted quite a few myself, and I find the enjoyment for me comes more from the preparation and grinding factor as opposed to the actual shiny pokemon. I've got no clue why though.

As for natural shinies, I found a sandshrew back in ruby and didn't realize it was shiny until I had almost killed it, and I got a random shiny alolan raticate while picking up the last few items in the Poni wilds

Back
Top Bottom