• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM026: Farewell, Mamane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would save this episode. And they could replace him with Gladio!
Wait, who's Gladio? I'm not sure how I would feel about Sophocles getting replaced by a character I've never heard of? No, but seriously, Sophocles's parents could leave him in Alola, like Delia did with Ash, or they could just change their minds in the end.

Wait, who's Gladio? I'm not sure how I would feel about Sophocles getting replaced by a character I've never heard of? No, but seriously, Sophocles's parents could leave him in Alola, like Delia did with Ash, or they could just change their minds in the end.

I guess they mean 'Gladion'.

Wait, who's Gladio? I'm not sure how I would feel about Sophocles getting replaced by a character I've never heard of?
Huh? You don't know him?
gladio.jpg
Weird...

Last edited:
I thought the joke was implied with the "But seriously" part. I thought it was a misspelling of the English name, so I went with a little joke. I didn't think it would cause this much confusion.

I think that there's a big misunderstanding and no one's moving, Sophocles only got worried over it.

Using japanese names is a serious issue between Playerking and me, and apparently he wants to be passive agressive about it.
Serious issue? That's not true, I couldn't care less about that, it's been settled. Maybe you still think about it, but I've moved on. I was making a joke, so please get over it. I doubt you have never made a similar joke.

Serious issue? That's not true, I couldn't care less about that, it's been settled. Maybe you still think about it, but I've moved on. I was making a joke, so please get over it. I doubt you have never made a similar joke.
Sorry but you're the one who bring up japanese names issue here.

Sorry but you're the one who bring up japanese names issue here.
No, I didn't. As I've said, I didn't know you were referring to the Japanese name, but that you made a misspelling of his English name.

No, I didn't. As I've said, I didn't know you were referring to the Japanese name, but that you made a misspelling of his English name.
Huh? Didn't you changed Gladio from Adamant's translation into Gladion?

Alright guy/girls....let's calm down now. Don't get your blood pressure up over whatever this argument is about( honestly, I wasn't paying attention) stop replying to each other and the argument will go away.

Huh? Didn't you changed Gladio from Adamant's translation into Gladion?
Yes, but that's what I usually do, because people are more likely to know who the characters are by their english names.

I can't wait for the tearful goodbye scene where Mallow confesses her undying love for Sophocles.

Yes, I'm a bit surprised they put a picture of that episode up so early, but I'm happy about it nonetheless.

Using japanese names is a serious issue between Playerking and me, and apparently he wants to be passive agressive about it.

Who cares? This franchise is made up of various languages with various names for each Pokemon and character. These are also the Japanese episodes people are previewing and reviewing here. It's one thing to complain about this in a dub discussion, but absurd to complain in a thread about the Japanese version. I do prefer the English names in some cases while I prefer the Japanese names in others, and I sometimes flip flop with Ash/Satoshi depending on my mood, but if I don't recognize a Japanese Pokemon name it's not hard to do a quick search on Bulbapedia that automatically links you to the correct Pokemon.

Uh, wasn't going to comment on having any interest in this episode since I personally can't stand Sophocles and find him boring. Of course each character has their fans so good luck to those who like him. Me personally, I don't care if he stays or leaves because I'll be skipping most of his episodes unless something actually relevant to the story happens.

Maybe this is the start of how Sophocles, Kiawe, Lana and Mallow leave/graduate the Pokemon School and get their title of Trial Captains. Then Ash and Lillie travel together (maybe along with Hau) to finally start the real Island Challenge.

Or maybe it's just a trick as many other japanese titles, whose episode end up with no major events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom