• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Periodic Table Mafia ~ Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they work the same way, right?

Anyone can ask me questions if they desire. Right now, I don't have much to add. SM's doc claim might be true, but his situation is just so strange. The fake cop-check stands out most as Town!SM wouldn't really gain much with it with a great risk. If we didn't know Iteru's confirmation yet and he did indeed flip Town, SM would die next. If Iteru would indeed be scum people might believe his claim, but he would risk the chance of a CC. I don't mind the idea of a NK on SM, but I don't see another good option to lynch. Zexy might be worth looking into once SM flips. I do think that at least one inactive is scum, this gave jd and Cheff less support which caused them to get killed. I would have no idea on which inactive that would be (Caps seems the Towniest though). Looking at the active players, I don't have a good target yet.

What's the difference?
With the very difference being that Neighbors can have any alignment while Masons are confirmed town.

Fair enough, it's just that town!SM has gone for such bad plays before. Those kinds of "if" don't mean much since regardless of SM's alignment it is very likely that SM himself didn't know of it and thus his thought process while doing it wasn't influenced by Iteru's clearness. I think at least one inactive is scum and there's a pretty good chance all the scum are inactive.

It's a difference on how it is worded which can be important with how provable some claims are.

So our options are Zexy and Sword Master it seems. Hard to pick who to vote for. One has claimed doctor, one has softclaimed bomb. Both are believable, especially the latter because Hydrogen. If Zexy is actually claiming bomb, it seems more defensive. If you look at their actions, Sword Master seems a little more rash than Zexy, but I feel that's more typical of them than anything else. I also don't like Zexy's vote on Feenie, I think they've been pretty solid for the majority of the game. With Zexy to me the most convincing reason as to why he and Sword Master aren't scum together is the fact that he "wouldn't ever tell Sword Master to claim like that." I believe this is true, but it doesn't mean Zexy isn't scum. I think Zexy is the better shot right now and Sword Master can be left to deal with in the night time, so [VOTE]: Zexy.

I'm also not a fan of HD's Vengeful claim. Mostly because it's a very hard role to prove and there is that whole fact that I desperately claimed that to him as scum in my first ever mafia game back in RMafia, but I think the circumstances in this game are a little different than that. Overall though I do think there's something missing that we usually see from town!HD.

The reason for my inactivity is a mix of two things. Firstly, AP exams begin next week, so I've been studying for those. Secondly, in the midst of all that, I'm playing as principal tenor sax in my last honor ensemble ever for high school, the District Jazz Band. Our concert is tomorrow night, so activity will be spotty pretty much all day tomorrow...I may not even show at all.

With my inactivity being an issue I think it's a good idea to claim now. I'm an infinite Town Roleblocker. I used my action on jackatlasred last night, my thought process being that it might block the kill if he was lying about his miller claim. But then Eresh used lightningrod, so i don't know how all that mess worked out...maybe my block blocked Cheff's block or vice versa if he used it last night? It certainly didn't block Eresh...

Anyway, that's that. I'll be around a bit later tonight, but aside from that that's all I have for now.

So our options are Zexy and Sword Master it seems. Hard to pick who to vote for. One has claimed doctor, one has softclaimed bomb. Both are believable, especially the latter because Hydrogen. If Zexy is actually claiming bomb, it seems more defensive. If you look at their actions, Sword Master seems a little more rash than Zexy, but I feel that's more typical of them than anything else. I also don't like Zexy's vote on Feenie, I think they've been pretty solid for the majority of the game. With Zexy to me the most convincing reason as to why he and Sword Master aren't scum together is the fact that he "wouldn't ever tell Sword Master to claim like that." I believe this is true, but it doesn't mean Zexy isn't scum. I think Zexy is the better shot right now and Sword Master can be left to deal with in the night time, so [VOTE]: Zexy.

I'm also not a fan of HD's Vengeful claim. Mostly because it's a very hard role to prove and there is that whole fact that I desperately claimed that to him as scum in my first ever mafia game back in RMafia, but I think the circumstances in this game are a little different than that. Overall though I do think there's something missing that we usually see from town!HD.

The reason for my inactivity is a mix of two things. Firstly, AP exams begin next week, so I've been studying for those. Secondly, in the midst of all that, I'm playing as principal tenor sax in my last honor ensemble ever for high school, the District Jazz Band. Our concert is tomorrow night, so activity will be spotty pretty much all day tomorrow...I may not even show at all.

With my inactivity being an issue I think it's a good idea to claim now. I'm an infinite Town Roleblocker. I used my action on jackatlasred last night, my thought process being that it might block the kill if he was lying about his miller claim. But then Eresh used lightningrod, so i don't know how all that mess worked out...maybe my block blocked Cheff's block or vice versa if he used it last night? It certainly didn't block Eresh...

Anyway, that's that. I'll be around a bit later tonight, but aside from that that's all I have for now.
I don't like how you are focusing on just us two, I think both of us are town. I gave my reasons for voting Feenie, won't you even comment on them?

I'm not a fan of it either but I wouldn't like to lynch it today where he may take Eresh down with him, better ask that he puts it on someone we think is scummy and go for a two-birds-with-one-stone lynch (if HD is scum, we lynch correctly; if not, we lynch the other suspect at least even if it means HD's death)

Your claim is believable enough. It cannot block Eresh because of how the whole thing resolves.

If TheCapsFan can successfully Roleblock somebody I'll consider him almost clear like the others considering that a Mafia Roleblocker is already dead.

I'm not a fan of it either but I wouldn't like to lynch it today where he may take Eresh down with him, better ask that he puts it on someone we think is scummy and go for a two-birds-with-one-stone lynch (if HD is scum, we lynch correctly; if not, we lynch the other suspect at least even if it means HD's death)

This is a really anti-town idea. Mafia could nightkill me and get a targeted Townie killed as well. A redirector is still possible. I'm better off picking somebody of my choice. I think my role is better saving for later where it could prove more useful.

This is a really anti-town idea. Mafia could nightkill me and get a targeted Townie killed as well. A redirector is still possible. I'm better off picking somebody of my choice. I think my role is better saving for later where it could prove more useful.
Oh oh my bad, thought it only works with lynches... problem is, if that's the case, mafia may nightkill you and take you down alongside Eresh anyway :(

Oh oh my bad, thought it only works with lynches... problem is, if that's the case, mafia may nightkill you and take you down alongside Eresh anyway :(

Its effect will wear off when this Day Phase ends and I can pick somebody else next night. One of the reasons I claimed it is to serve the Mafia a potential risk vs reward scenario. If they Nightkill me they could get one of their own killed ooorr a Townie with a potentially good PR, hitting two birds with one stone.

Oh ok then just pick someone you suspect not SM or me, or I'll get angry... you don't want to see me angry :p

Looking at Midori's list, it looks like all the unknown roles have posted since Sword Master's claim except I think Feenie, so unless she's doctor or the doctor doesn't want to out, I guess SM really might be legit. What a bizarre phase this has turned into... All the claims known so far seem pretty believable too, so I wonder if it really is so easy that the remaining scum is among the few unknowns left. Space and Feenie seem pretty in-line with their townselves (though Space is hard to read in general, so she could go either way I guess), and Maniacal Engineer has come across very pro-town in my opinion. Darth is a null read for me, and I still think something is off about Zexy though I dunno how much stock you all are putting in his softclaim and if it'd be too risky to lynch him with that in mind.

Keeping my vote on SM for now though since I can't tell which way this phase is going to end up.
@FinalArcadia Question for you. Are you opposed to shooting either Z/SM in the name of our deal tonight?
I'll stick to my word and let you all guide my shot. Obviously I'd prefer not hitting metal, but a deal is a deal so I'd follow through with it.

@FinalArcadia do you know if the game will end if we lynch all mafia and you haven't fulfilled your wincin?
I want to say it'd probably end and I'd lose, but that's a good question and becoming increasingly relevant so I'll go ask the hosts. My role PM doesn't say anything about that kind of situation and just says what I have to do to win.

though I'll probably have to leave you in suspense for a bit since I'll be getting off the computer for tonight very soon lol

I want to say it'd probably end and I'd lose, but that's a good question and becoming increasingly relevant so I'll go ask the hosts. My role PM doesn't say anything about that kind of situation and just says what I have to do to win.

though I'll probably have to leave you in suspense for a bit since I'll be getting off the computer for tonight very soon lol
Definitely ask the hosts so we know if we can save a metalllidu death for last or not

Sorry I haven't been available to get on all day and now I'm really tired so this post is going to be short but I'll post tomorrow if I can hopefully actually sleep

Zexy said:
Kinda don't like the sheeping.
I saw you mention how sheeping wasn't just limited to joining a wagon and that's what perplexes me on your comment here. I personally don't see where you're getting this (although I suppose I wouldn't) as I can't recall just going off of the opinions of others and leaving it at that. I was at first insistent on voting Ereshkigal on Day 1 due to their cryptic nature and seemingly uncooperative way of going about things, but that naturally changed once I saw more of their... way of going about things--if that's the correct way to put it--and pedaled back on that line of thought. The candidate for a lynch was, mainly, between jd and Cheff. jd was the better choice in my opinion because he just gave up and had obviously no intention of defending himself despite countless attempts made by other players to get him to suggest someone more worthy of lynching. Of course, he did suggest FA but that only made him all the more scummy because she's an independent and it was already discussed that she was not going to be lynched. That was useless.

18. Maniacal Engineer - A bit paranoid but gut feeling is strong town.
Fail to see where this is coming from too to be honest. Where is he paranoid? Or are you saying he makes you paranoid? I'm a bit lost here.

I never said otherwise :p
In fact what I actually said is that I kinda don't have good reads on the people mentioned yet.
Here you admit that your reads aren't well defined.

Early posts don't have much meaningful content, just Cult/Sockpuppet Mafia discussion that doesn't lead anywhere imo.
I wouldn't bring it up if it didn't mean something. Not to mention there was talk of a possible cult existence--it wasn't just for sport.

From that point onwards it seems like she can't keep up, replies to a few things about her apparently and promises to read up on things she missed.
I have no idea where you're getting this? Can you please direct me to these posts because I think I've answered questions directed at me in a timely fashion as best I can. You look like you're really reaching here imo.

She then says she missed a lot again, good lord, talks a bit about Cults again
Lol:p, again, with reason.

Also a bit strange imho, as if the next thing she wants to do after jd's lynch is point out how Cheff doesn't look scum to her.
It did look like it was super obvious distancing, that's why. I stated my reason in the post of mine you quoted, so I think that's... pretty straight-forward. I wasn't against Cheff being shot. There isn't much to object to there.

To just be blunt I think you're really reaching in your argument. I see no case, and not just because it's about me ok well you could say 'come on Feenie it's totally because it's about you, too' yeah and I get that it's due to you having the heat on you, so I can get that. But also you're in my opinion our best lynch option. Sword Master is someone I'm still thinking about as far as what to do with his situation. I don't know why a doc would claim to get a scum check on someone and then just what, watch that person get lynched and turn up town? Then what--get lynched inevitably later? It's pretty silly. If he was doc, he should've come out and claimed that earlier as it would've swiftly stopped suspicion on him. Yes, it would be claiming a power role out in the open but that's just how it would have to happen because otherwise he'd be out anyway.

Back to Zexy, I don't like his constant usage of meta either. It rubs me the wrong way and I find it to be useless in most cases. Yeah, some meta is okay in small doses but its been used way too much. I don't see why he won't claim either because it seems like the best course of action right now. I'm going to go ahead and

VOTE: Zexy.

Sword Master is scummy, but Zexy is scummier. I feel like of the three he mentioned as 'most scummy' he picked me possibly due to having more posts to try and pick apart in order to save himself.

Mehh this is the best I can do for now, expect a better post tomorrow

Day 2: Hour 24 Votals

Sword Master: 6 (HumanDawn, Swarla, FinalArcadia, Space, DarthWolf13, Ereshkigal)
Zexy: 5 (Elieson, Midorikawa, Iteru, TheCapsFan, Feenie)
Feenie: 1 (Zexy)

Phase ends on Sunday, April 30th at 01:00AM (UTC-8) unless there is a hammerlynch. With 15 players alive, 10 votes are required for a hammerlynch.

Countdown TImer.

We are in need of one more sub.

We didn't share this information earlier but we have an infinate Town Roleblocker capability within the mason group, which make me wonder if more than one would exist on the same town team?

What are your thoughts on this @TheCapsFan ?

Just woke up, checking around a bit but not much time to reply to stuff now, will do so in a few hours' time.
Although the votes are me on piling up and it seems like I won't be able to avoid claiming :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom