• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP 94-97 titles and summaries

One episode contest?

Hoo boy. Emo Dawn for the rest of the series...

I'd also like to know if Fantina has anything to do with this Contest, or if Zoey will stick around...?

Why bother to have those two appear so close to a Contest ep if they're not going to be in it?

Please wait until Hearthome
I'm sure we'll see him battle Fantina for the badge
The writers improved a lot and I just can't see them "forget" of a recurring rival all of a sudden
And they had a lot of continuity so maybe they planned to have this Nando/Fantina battle and that's why he wanted to battle her last time- a build up to the battle we might see soon
If he won't appear in Hearthome than I'll begin to worry

And I hope to get a new opening with these episodes
Together is here for 2 years already (September 2006 - September 2008)

Piplup, both Kenny and Nando have probably been forgoten. Have you noticed that Zoey gets all the glory while Nando and Kenny have been treated like crap?

I can't wait to see Sudowoodo, Gliscor, Chimchar/Monferno and Swinub get bathed! Maybe Dawn will leave Pachi w/ a nearby relative, since the writers can't handle so many Pokemon on the cast. I don't want Pachi to be "put on a bus" but better it than Gliscor!

...8DDDD

they haven't forgotten Galactic yaay.

Today is all of a sudden a good day again. And also Cynthia. Yaaay. Though I think I'll actually have to wait to see the episodes until I can really be "omg, awesome" over them.

But they all reek of 'omg, awesome', except maybe the first one, since I have a feeling they're gonna be like...too Pearlshippy with it for my tastes. But even so, it still sounds pretty decent (though it should just be a two-parter contest if it's a special, really).

im really hoping to see piplup on the stands! i would like to see cynthia's spiritomb and her garchomp again

Well its nice to see Team Galactic again and hopefully we'll see the other two commanders this time. I'm more interested in the contest though. Too bad its only for one ep. Dawn vs Jessie in the finals I hope.

Last edited:
Awesome news. We get some Pachirisu screen time which is good. And although the contest is only one episode, I hope there's some good appeals/battles.

I'm more excited with TG and Cynthia reappearing. It sounds interesting and I wonder what will go down.

A Sinnoh remake of Sick Daze sounds good to me. The first one was pretty fun.

Cool, a Team Galactic two-parter in Solaceon, just like I had wished for. XP Seeing the other admins would be nice~.

Oooh Satoshi & Hikari taking care of the Pokémon without Takeshi. Can't wait to see how that'll turn up. xD Pachirisu yay~

Whoo another Ginga-Dan appearance & Cynthia? Whoa that's awesome!

Cynthia returns?
woooooooooooooow!!!* fooling around like Brock when he sees a gorgeous girl*

Cynthia!!! My one and only! The pure definition of perfection! My dreamboat! My beloved Champion! My angel who I adore like I´ve never adored a human being before!

If it's a mere dream, please don´t wake me up!

Oh, having to wait for the DUB version for such a long time will just be cruel and devastating for my heart but even if it lasts until doomsday, I'll be waiting for the repeated appearance of the very loveliest girl in the world!

But I´m also a bit worried: My unique Cynthia could definitely smash the whole Team Galactic with one attack. But that wouldn´t be sufficient for a one-hour plot...
So, I wondering what her role may look like in those two episodes. Perhaps, she'll just have a cameo :S
But there's still no need to imagine the worst!

Oh, I tell you, I can't expect those episodes which will possibly even turn out to be the greatest ones we´ve ever watched so far.

*being totally pumped up now*

Piplup, both Kenny and Nando have probably been forgoten. Have you noticed that Zoey gets all the glory while Nando and Kenny have been treated like crap?

Except Kenny HASN'T been forgotten---he last appeared in a quick cameo during the Wallace Cup.

Nando is nearing a full fifty episodes (DP099) without even an unspeaking cameo or mention by another character.

All while Zoey appears in almost every Contest episode, even when she isn't relevant (hello, Team Shocker!) and even in random episodes just to yell at Dawn in memories.

Pokeani says something about Ayako's rival appearing in the contest episode. Her name is Yuri, and I think she hasn't seen her in 20 years, but I'm not sure.

They also say that Mars and Bunyat will appear in the Ginga-Dan episodes. I'm guessing that means Jupiter and Skutank will get their own episode later.

Kenny wasn't forgotten at all
He appeared in the Solaceon Contest and than we saw him watch the Wallace Cup
In addition to that he's in the ending and presented there like an equal to Zoey in importance

So what if Paul and Zoey appear a lot while Kenny and Nando only once in a while? there's nothing really wrong with that
It'd be very hard to make all these recurring characrers have equal amount of episodes
Nando wasn't forgotten - at least not in my opinion

Nando is nearing a full fifty episodes (DP099) without even an unspeaking cameo or mention by another character.

Note how Cynthia appear again now in 96 after her last apperance in 40 (or 44 if you count the Mismagius dream, the flashback in 81 doesn't count in my opinion)
That's more than 50 episodes! So Nando still has a chance

All while Zoey appears in almost every Contest episode, even when she isn't relevant (hello, Team Shocker!) and even in random episodes just to yell at Dawn in memories.

That's because the writers chose to make Zoey and Paul the more important rivals
Zoey was very important in "Team Shocker!" how can you say she wasn't? Zoey is like a mentor to Dawn
Nando isn't... also Nando isn't strictly Dawn's or Ash's rival - he's both's rival and I think they try not to make him too related to one of them (that's probably why he didn't appear in the ending with Dawn's rivals since he's also Ash's rival, and that's why Zoey gets to mentor Dawn while Nando didn't really help her)

Pokeani says something about Ayako's rival appearing in the contest episode. Her name is Yuri, and I think she hasn't seen her in 20 years, but I'm not sure.

They also say that Mars and Bunyat will appear in the Ginga-Dan episodes. I'm guessing that means Jupiter and Skutank will get their own episode later.

Like Jessie, Zoey, Fantina wasn't enough (assuming they all participate) than to add Johanna's rival who probably about as good as Johanna...
And make it one episode...
I'm sure now that Dawn will lose
Also I think yuri=ghost in Japanese so maybe she use ghost types like Fantina?

Maybe they're talking about Fantina, and saying that Fantina /is/ Dawn's mommy's rival? :S I really don't think this is gonna be a complete contest if all these bazillion middle-aged-women are competing too (okay, okay, there's only two, but even if no one besides Dawn/Jessie go, that's still two characters to introduce to the contests...).

Maybe Team Rocket interrupts the contest?

And also omg omg mars = awesome and win. 8D

Maybe they're talking about Fantina, and saying that Fantina /is/ Dawn's mommy's rival?

But they said her name is Yuri so she can't be Fantina (unless Fantina has an alias or something for Contests like Jessie but I can't see any reason for her to do it)

Awww, so the Pachirisu episode is like a DP version of the "Takeshi gets sick episode" from Jouto? ^_^

It should be amusing to see Satoshi and Hikari trying to take care of everything in Takeshi's absence.

EEEE, SHIRONA-SAMA~ <3

And we're getting more Ginga-dan!

Yuri?

Yuri??

*snort*

And 20 years? Daaaamn, at first I thought that made Ayako sound old, but then I remembered the whole Pokémon-trainers-start-out-when-they're-10 thing. Quite possible they lost track of one another when they were... 12 or 14 maybe? Eh, also depends on how long ago Ayako stopped being a coordinator and such.

Wai, Mars? MARS? For real?

And Ayako's old rival? xDD This sounds too freakin' awesome to be true!

I can't wait for these episodes. But I must.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom