• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen people complaining on the new characters' personalities in here and... It's way too early to judge in my opinion. Both of them have one line each and only the girl shows something different: the secret. I'm waiting for the movie and then complain\praise them.
Remember when the SM main chars got revealed? They had boring descriptions as well... Mao was the cook, Lillie was afraid of Pokemon, etc...

The difference is that the SM characters' descriptions were only revealed a month ahead of the show's premiere. Plus, we knew that the dynamics would be different than before due to the school setting, so we weren't forced to compare the cast to previous characters.

It also helps that we knew Lillie was a plot-centric character in the games. That's less vague than "Makoto is secretly... [fill in the blanks however you'd like]."

What if Makoto's Piplup is the Piplup that Ash talked about in XY? What if this is the prequel to the XY Ash?

What if Makoto's Piplup is the Piplup that Ash talked about in XY? What if this is the prequel to the XY Ash?
I'm pretty sure that if the writers try to fit this movie into any continuity, it will be SM's. They had no plans for the future when they referenced Piplup in XY; they just stopped caring about character references.

XY is allegedly the sequel to BW judging from Alexa and Ash going by plane from Kanto to Kalos.

I know lol. Just being cheeky. I just can't deal with the difference between this art style (which is similar to XY's) and SM's art style. It's too jarring. It's like Nebby opened up an ultra wormhole and threw Ash into another universe.

ポケモン映画公式サイト
Description for Marshadow had renewed.

So there is yet again Forme Change. TPCi really like this trick for legendary pokemons.
And that line of having battle within this tweet seems superfluous. Simply because, does there exist a pokemon movie where its starred pokemon doesn't involved in any battles?
Though, I feel a bit relieved that Marshadow is at least useful to the plot, where it seems like it is getting a key role. (To be fair, if it is not any important character but just appears at there for the sake of to be there, I'll be more than just being displeased)

I also don't think it's fair to compare the SM characters to these characters. SM is a show, with a new episode almost every week. There is more time for us to learn more about the characters, and for them to be developed. This is a movie. I think it's important to know a little bit more about these characters than we did about the ones in SM because we aren't going to be seeing them every week for 22 minutes.

I also don't think it's fair to compare the SM characters to these characters. SM is a show, with a new episode almost every week.
It's more reason to give them more chance, because they don't have the luxury of appearing every week that SM characters had.

And that line of having battle within this tweet seems superfluous. Simply because, does there exist a pokemon movie where its starred pokemon doesn't involved in any battles?

The most recent one featured a Magearna playing a damsel-in-distress. So there's your answer.

Nice to know Marshadow will be more involved, I wasn't expecting it to battle. Its Pokédex entry says it's quite coward.

It's more reason to give them more chance, because they don't have the luxury of appearing every week that SM characters had.

Except that's hard when I know nothing about them. These are brand new characters, being introduced solely for a movie. For me at least, it's very difficult to have interest in a character when I barely know anything about them. Like I said, I can be more forgiving towards the show because it's a more constant thing. But when I'm going into a movie that's only 1.5-2 hours, I need a bit more information beforehand before I can get invested in them.

Obviously, that's my own feelings. It's fine if the vagueness makes you more interested. But for me, it's not working.

Are these characters being treated differently from past movie characters? That's a legit question. From what I remember we knew next to nothing about the characters from last year's movie. Two blonde royal kids and a generic villain who wanted to use Magearna's power. Wow.

The Pokémon Company isn't owned by Marvel. They don't release an entire movie's plot via trailers before the movie even hit theaters. We will have to wait and see.

Are these characters being treated differently from past movie characters? That's a legit question. From what I remember we knew next to nothing about the characters from last year's movie. Two blonde royal kids and a generic villain who wanted to use Magearna's power. Wow.
I suppose the difference is that we did already know Citron, Serena and Eureka.

The most recent one featured a Magearna playing a damsel-in-distress. So there's your answer.

Nice to know Marshadow will be more involved, I wasn't expecting it to battle. Its Pokédex entry says it's quite coward.

It's a cowardly lion-type of Pokémon. Wants to battle, but too scared to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom