• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S20 EP09: To Top a Totem!

Just watched it. Hala sounds a little deeper and younger than I imagined. I was gonna imagine his voice as some sort of kung fu sensei.

Just watched it. Hala sounds a little deeper and younger than I imagined. I was gonna imagine his voice as some sort of kung fu sensei.

I'm glad he sounds fairly distinct. Lisa Oritz can only voice so many girls before it gets worrying.

Just finished watching this episode and I like it. Hala's voice definitely sounds a bit diffrent from what I expected and Ash with his 1st crystal the Normalium-Z awesome! That battle with Gumshoos was something and hope Hala is taking notes cuz next week is going to be interesting! I'll give this one a 8.5/10.

Same. He sounds like he mumbles a bit in the dub at times too, imo: not the worst thing I've heard, but not what I had in mind, personally.

Anyway, the dub only kept 2 pieces of music in this episode (title card, SM wild battle theme) & there's no silence or anything, standard fare I suppose (I know some don't care about music kept or silence or no silence, just saying).

Dialogue/script writing, same fare, "Bewear Blast" alliteration from Jessie, "ten times ten" alliteration from James, and Ash doesn't speak like a 10 year old sometimes with saying "you got me out of a jam" or something, also expected.

Not trying to be a dick, if you like the dub that's fine, but that's just my opinion as always.

Could this Aaron Phillips be dub Hala and Samantha Moon (what a name) be SM dub Officer Jenny? I'm probably wrong, but just curious.

Hmm....Ryan Andes could be dub Hala too, who knows?
And yup, Thompson people have been here since BW's dub in Billy Bob's case and Marc's case, since the Johto dub, IIRC.

Known roles

Sarah Natochenny: Ash
Laurie Hymes: Lillie
Jessica Paquet: Mallow
Rosie Reyes: Lana
Alyson Leigh Rosenfield: Sophocles, Bounsweet
Marc Swint: Kiawe
Rodger Parsons: Narrator

Ryan Andes: Unknown
Kate Bristol: Togedemaru
Roger Callagy: Rotom Pokedex
Carter Cathcart: James, Meowth
Abe Goldfarb: Professor Kukui
Michele Knotz: Jessie, Bewear
Michael Liscio Jr: Komala
Samantha Moon: Unknown
Haven Paschall: Rockruff
Aaron Phillips: Unknown
Bill Rogers: Hariyama
Erica Schroeder: Tapu Koko
Eileen Stevens: Popplio
Billy Bob Thompson: Unknown
Marc Thompson: Unknown

Known roles

Sarah Natochenny: Ash
Laurie Hymes: Lillie
Jessica Paquet: Mallow
Rosie Reyes: Lana
Alyson Leigh Rosenfield: Sophocles, Bounsweet
Marc Swint: Kiawe
Rodger Parsons: Narrator

Ryan Andes: Unknown
Kate Bristol: Togedemaru
Roger Callagy: Rotom Pokedex
Carter Cathcart: James, Meowth
Abe Goldfarb: Professor Kukui
Michele Knotz: Jessie, Bewear
Michael Liscio Jr: Komala
Samantha Moon: Unknown
Haven Paschall: Rockruff
Aaron Phillips: Unknown
Bill Rogers: Hariyama
Erica Schroeder: Tapu Koko
Eileen Stevens: Popplio
Billy Bob Thompson: Unknown
Marc Thompson: Unknown
Billy Bob Thompson voices Mimikyu

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom