• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM028: The Fierce Pokébase Match! Aim for a Home Run to Turn the Tide!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Team Rocket wants to play some baseball with Ash and his friends. Who is going to get a home run?
Well we don't actually know if they're playing against them. We just know they'll be interfering and since it says they're interfering, that implies that the class is already in the middle of something.

Well we don't actually know if they're playing against them. We just know they'll be interfering and since it says they're interfering, that implies that the class is already in the middle of something.
Interesting... I wonder who this new character oluolu will be. Probably just a character of the day right?

Oluolu: Tōru Furuya
dragon-ball-super-baseball-4-760x427.jpg

Hell yes.

Seriously, DB even had a Yamcha baseball episode just last year. I'll be so disappointed if there isn't at least one joke or wink to the audience about Yamcha in this episode.

I don' know...I doubt many Pokemon fans are into DBZ over in Japan. It seems like a kiwi-cherry situation over there (wouldn't exactly call it apples & oranges).

Though it's somewhat amusing to me that Yamcha's Japanese voice is popping up when his English one was used back in BW :LOL:

Ok, well then... this episode looks like a lot of fun!

Reminds me a whole lot of the db super baseball episode.

Also, not to mention that the female companions look twice as nice in their baseball uniforms.

And i'm really glad to see that they're playing AGAINST TR and their not just there to steal pokemon

this is going to be fun and you hear those they are naming they plays with z-moves!!!

Here is another summary that, according to Adamant, "explains things a bit further".
Adamant said:
Satoshi and Pikachu get really into a Pokébase match they watch on TV, Pokébase being a really popular sport in the Alola region that involves people and Pokémon working together. During class at the Pokémon School the next day, they're then told by Professor Kukui that they'll be playing Pokébase for today's class. And not only that, they'll also have the famous professional Pokébase player 'Olu'olu as their lecturer.
May 25th: SM28 - The Fierce Pokébase Match! Aim for a Home Run to Turn the Tide!! - Page 8

So? They're still different from each other.
Imagine your favourite game being parodied, and the parody being featured, also now people pretend that your favouite sport in it's original form, does not exist and the parody is the supreme (and only) variation of it.

The writers made it clear that baseball existed in Pokemon World (Casey is living (in world) proof of that) and Pokébase is being treated as the Pokemon World equivalent of baseball, almost as if they completely disregarded original baseball.

I just posted a joke post about how Casey's favourite game is not likely to exist, and by extension , her favourite team.

This one looks like it's going to be really cute and fun! The art and animation in this episode looks very strong, I absolutely love the way the scene of Kiawe pitching to Ash looks. And the classmates look so adorable in their uniforms!

I love that these episodes have been easy watching and just flat out enjoyable. At this point in time, it's exactly what I need!

Imagine your favourite game being parodied, and the parody being featured, also now people pretend that your favouite sport in it's original form, does not exist and the parody is the supreme (and only) variation of it.
I'm sure that baseball still exist in Pokemon world. Satoshi don't know what Pokebase is, which implies it's a local Alolan sport.

Last edited:
The main difference between the two is the involvement of Pokémon. Obviously the baseball Casey was into was real, professional baseball. "Pokebase" seems like it will be very similar to regular baseball, but with the participation of Pokémon, which makes a lot of sense when you take into consideration how Alola is all about the relationships between people and Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom