• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every set of starters is available on the 3ds apart from the Sinnoh starters

Kanto - XY from Sycamore
Johto - SM Island Scan
Hoenn - Oras starters
Sinnoh - ???
Unova - SM Island Scan
Kalos - XY starters
Alola - SM starters

You can get the Sinnoh Starters in ORAS, as well as the Johto and Unova Starters.

You can get the Sinnoh Starters in ORAS, as well as the Johto and Unova Starters.

Ok my mistake. Still a little suspicious they left them off Island Scan but included Johto and Unova again in that case. Could still be a hint but admittedly not as strong as I thought upon initial posting

They had Johto initial stages, Unova final stages, could have had Sinnoh in the middle with second stages

I highly doubt they'll exclude the Platinum expansion. They caught a lot of flak in the original for only having 2 Fire types, so I can't see them going back to that. As long as they include that and a Giratina post game arc, I don't care what else stays from Platinum. DP was a great game as is with the regional dex being the only significant flaw.

I think it's late for that. May is almost over and we didn't get any kind of announcement or hint from them. Maybe in the next year...

I wonder in DP Remake/Sequel, will they have Gyms and Trials, we can do the trials first, take on totem pokemon, challenge the gym leader, and earn a gym badge and z-crystal. Also we can consider Elite Four as Grand Trial, so we can challenge Elite 4 early, but we also challenge Cynthia, to determine how strong you are, once you get all eight badge, you can challenge the elite 4 and champion. In the post-game, since you became champion, now you have to defend your title by challenging your rival barry, gym leaders, and stat trainers.

I wonder in DP Remake/Sequel, will they have Gyms and Trials, we can do the trials first, take on totem pokemon, challenge the gym leader, and earn a gym badge and z-crystal. Also we can consider Elite Four as Grand Trial, so we can challenge Elite 4 early, but we also challenge Cynthia, to determine how strong you are, once you get all eight badge, you can challenge the elite 4 and champion. In the post-game, since you became champion, now you have to defend your title by challenging your rival barry, gym leaders, and stat trainers.

There's no need to have the Trials in Sinnoh.

What about totem pokemon?

No... if/when we get Sinnoh remakes, they'll be mostly like the originals. Totem Pokemon and trials have no place in Sinnoh. We learned from ORAS that even new conveniences like customization and Center/Mart combining have no place in remakes, and those things are much more cosmetic than a feature which SM was based upon. Remakes are always going to be 90% what the old game was, and then updated graphics with a couple new features. I doubt we'll ever see Totem Pokemon or Trials outside of Alola.

The only thing I could potentially see coming to DP remakes is Champion Title Defense, but I HIGHLY doubt it.

Okay, what if they don't do Sinnoh remake, but they'll do a Sinnoh sequel/retcon, the sinnoh sequel takes 10 years from the originals DPPt, which is a good way to celebrate DP 10th year anniversary. Also I don't know what retcon does, unless the do a big change in sinnoh, instead of a remake?

I already possted this in the movie thread but some movie toys and merch feature Luxray and Munchlax.

I wouldn't want remakes and retcons. They don't make sense either since the originals can still be played on the current game system.

Sequels however would be fun! They can tell a brand new story with the game. Sinnoh's characters aren't too memorable for me though. I only remember Cynthia and Caitlin.

I already possted this in the movie thread but some movie toys and merch feature Luxray and Munchlax.

Yeah, when the entire movie is based on Kanto, and centered around the roots and beginning of the series in Kanto, small cameos from Sinnoh Pokemon in the movie and merch definitely mean something... ;)

I don't even. That merchandise listing is obviously not just for the movie given all the Pokemon from the SM show. Tapu Koko in the movie, but not Marshadow? Yeah, no.

I don't even. That merchandise listing is obviously not just for the movie given all the Pokemon from the SM show. Tapu Koko in the movie, but not Marshadow? Yeah, no.

It's mixed with the previous set of figures, which had Alola Pokemon. The new one is for the movie.

The Lotte products feature Luxray in the movie products, there is also other products featuring Alola Pokemon but Luxray appears in the ones exclusive for the movie and those have Pokemon we know appear in the movie like Ho Oh,Incineroar,Charizard,etc.

I just can't take it seriously without Marshadow. Maybe Luxrary and Munchlax will just appear for a split second or something. There was also that merchandise for the Johto beasts that hasn't panned out yet.

None of this matters, lol. Not even Lucario and Piplup are the highlights of the movie.

I was just pointing something out lol calm down, it's an speculation thread

Having that many Sinnoh Pokemon is suspicious imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom