• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Unova Remakes

PurplePopplio

Gone again for who knows how long. :/
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. Any
I know this way too early to even think about fifth generation remakes. But it's never too early to speculate.

The big questions:
1. How do you think they'll handle the sequels?
2. What do you want to see added in these remakes?
3. How do you think they'll handle White Tree Hollow and Black City? Will it be like White + Black or the sequels?
4. What features do you want to see upgraded or just changed completely?

One of the big features that has to added, and should be a regular feature by now, is character customization. I would like White Tree Hollow and Black City to be like the sequels. It gives us another place to train and a fun little side quest.

I can't picture at all an Unova Remake. I think they'd just pull a B3W3, which would kinda act like a remake, but mostly a sequel.

How do you think they'll handle the sequels?
Casual references or foreshadowing.

What do you want to see added in these remakes?
What features do you want to see upgraded or just changed completely?
  • Poke Star Studios and at least some of BW 2's locations.
  • A reinventing of Musicals that expands the sidequest. Would it kill them to let us have Ribbons again?
  • I'd also love to see the return of the Entralink and Dream World, with expanded lore to flesh out the concepts. I really like the idea, especially now that Gen VII has been exploring alternate dimensions a bit more.
  • Difficulty options.
  • Trainer customization.
  • Marlon.
  • Daily Gym Leader rematches.
  • Join Avenue.
I don't expect any of this to happen, though.

How do you think they'll handle White Tree Hollow and Black City? Will it be like White + Black or the sequels?
I'd say they'll be version-exclusive locations like the first game, and they'll probably have the gen's knock-off Battle Tower. (Unless the Subway takes that role again.) I really don't see them doing anything much with this.

Tbh tho I'd rather just get BW3. I fully expect them to just phone in the BW remakes, and ignore all the advances BW2 made. At least with BW3, we can see the culmination of the other games' work and effort.

Unless they include both 1 and 2 into one game (which I don't see happening), they're going to remake both Unova titles. But, by the time these games would be releasing, I think the tech would be to a point in which Nintendo would re-release the originals. And I'm all for the notion of making sequels rather than remaking old titles, despite my probably buying the latter.

Way too early as you said.

All I'd want is an expanison to the Pokemon World Tournament tbh, that was amazing. With the new gym leaders added (and trial captains etc) there would be some new challenges! Although I would like each of them to have access to more Pokemon than just 6 each. Then again just put the PWT into a future game outside Unova and it'll be just as good

Well first I presume that by that point, the technology would be so far that including both stories would be a piece of cake. In fact they could allow an option to have your choice of starting town dictate which "route" you'd be taking.

As for what I wanted to see added, well for starters I'd like to see a post game mythical encounter (Preferably Meloetta, but Victini and Keldeo have a higher claim to that role. Delta-Episode scenarios are out of the question unless GF is gonna condense or outright ax BW2's plot). Character customization would be interesting, and allow a certain workaround to having the BW2 protagonists in some form.

As far as Black City and White Treehollow goes. I'd presume they would be a mix of both, with the mechanics of both sets implemented on the respective area.

As for improvements from the original games. I'd like to see the following.

• The Dream World as a built in feature, not an off-game site that will collapse once the next generation is out (though still requiring internet for certain updates)
  • C-Gear and Pokedexes not only having their existing skins as unlockables, but also Kalos and Alola centric skins as well (along with other regions) as well as not needing a trip to the Global Link to change.
  • Difficulty modes being unlocked from the start, no gimmicks, no league requirements (for Easy Mode at least)
  • Join Avenue having Dye Shops to go with the character customization (sans version exclusive colors if possible).
  • The Gems having their effects changed from one time power boosters to items that act as like Pixilate and other abilities like it, changing Normal-type moves into the respective type (while still being consumables.) I'm pretty sure being outclassed if the reason why they haven't been seen outside of being thematic items for Diancie events.
  • The PWT having its roster updated to include characters from Kalos and Alola, as well as players from recent championships in addition to their current rosters.
    • Related is the inclusion of "Brains" and Elite 4 members.

Thanks for making this thread, @FlowerMagician , I was considering making it myself, actually, so glad to see it made. I will expose my thought by points:

1. BW2 is my favourite game in the franchise, and I consider it the best Pokemon game ever, but I am convinced that the Unova remakes will just be BW1 remakes, with almost no BW2 content additions; so I think BW2 will remain the best game in the franchise even after the Unova remakes come out.

2. However, even if the Unova remake is not as epic as BW2, and is based mostly in BW1, I will be content; adding White Treehollow, and improved, more substantial Musicals, would be good additions. And since the PWT is possibly not gonna be in the game, adding a good bunch of significant characters to the Battle Subway would mitigate the situation.

3. And even if inferior to BW2, the remakes will still be good even if they are based on BW1, because BW1 is very good already. As long as the remakes have everything BW1 had, plus some BW2 content, and then a few brand new features of their own, I will be delighted.

4. I jsut hope that if they decide to make BW2 references, they don´t result in annoying teasers. Like, if you are not gonna bring back the PWT, please don´t have Clay saying something like "well, the Cold Storage is all good, but I plan to put a better facility in its place in the future. A place where trainers from all around the world may gather to battle." References and foreshadowing are ok, but not outright teasers.

5. So if the game is at least as good like described in point n4, I will be delighted. Because it will definitely feature the main reasons why I am interested in a remake of Unova: 1) An expanded 3D Castelia City in all of its beauty; 2) good quality 3D Pokemon models instead of pixilated zoomed in sprites, which is one of the only things I dislike about Gen V; 3) Hilbert in glorious 3D; and 4) all the Unova Bridges in glorious 3D, especially SKYARROW BRIDGE

6. And regarding Trainer Customization, I would prefer if it is not included in any remake of games made prior to Kalos (when it was first introduced in this series).

Last edited:
@Meta Boss, do you see them mking two sets of remakes? One for BW and another for B2W2?

One feature that I really hope is improved, is the Medal system. It would be so cool to have the achievements back.

Can we just skip Unova and go to Kalos? Please?

Serious answer:

I think they'll just do what they did with ORAS, main game like BW and then a post game arc with Kyurem. The more interesting question is how they're going to handle the Unova Dex though, because the original had 5th gen only but that was a controversial decision that they ended up reverting in BW2, but the BW2 distribution was built around BW2's progression so that could be a bit awkward (especially when so many of them are in post game areas or the new areas added in BW2).

I do want one thing. Challenging the Hilbert, and Hilda; becuase I do went to there secret base the place who you challenge them, and i challenge the Shiny Axew final evolution, but I didn't found them; so I want to challenge them because they are the final people that I didn't win in the game. I beat everyone single challenge, and I final beat Alder Grandson two times but I didn't challenge Hilbert, and Hilda. I do want them more than Anyone.

I also want to do the story of how to find the Genesect Pokemon

I have a really hard time envisioning Gen V remakes... I just don't know if it's possible. Sure, they could just remake BW and move on, but leaving out B2W2 would be an atrocity. And there's no way they'd remake all 4 of them. So, I really don't know. I don't think making Black 3/White 3 would work either. It will have been too long since the original games, plus Reshiram and Zekrom are held by the protags by canon, iirc. Part of me wonders if we'll just never get Gen V remakes.

It must be one of these scenarios, I would think:

1. No new remakes/sequels/anything, only a VC release of BW and B2W2 on the Switch/"next system."
2. VC release of BW and B2W2 on the Switch/"next system" followed by the release of B3W3
3. Remake only BW and leave B2W2 to rot (or have B2W2 as a VC release).

I have a really hard time envisioning Gen V remakes... I just don't know if it's possible. Sure, they could just remake BW and move on, but leaving out B2W2 would be an atrocity. And there's no way they'd remake all 4 of them. So, I really don't know. I don't think making Black 3/White 3 would work either. It will have been too long since the original games, plus Reshiram and Zekrom are held by the protags by canon, iirc. Part of me wonders if we'll just never get Gen V remakes.

It must be one of these scenarios, I would think:

1. No new remakes/sequels/anything, only a VC release of BW and B2W2 on the Switch/"next system."
2. VC release of BW and B2W2 on the Switch/"next system" followed by the release of B3W3
3. Remake only BW and leave B2W2 to rot (or have B2W2 as a VC release).
4. Release BW on the VC and remake B2W2.

4. Release BW on the VC and remake B2W2.

I highly doubt they would ever even consider that. I didn't include that as an option because it's not even remotely likely.

EDIT: @FlowerMagician--don't get me wrong. I know where you're coming from. I would also much prefer your scenario. B2W2 are the superior games by far. But it's absolutely impossible.

Last edited:
I know this way too early to even think about fifth generation remakes.

We've had the Gen IV remake thread since before ORAS was even announced, so nah, not really.

The big questions:
1. How do you think they'll handle the sequels?
2. What do you want to see added in these remakes?
3. How do you think they'll handle White Tree Hollow and Black City? Will it be like White + Black or the sequels?
4. What features do you want to see upgraded or just changed completely?

1. I'm honestly not sure how they'd handle sequels - as it'd essentially be 4 remakes instead of the usual 2. They could go all out and remake both pairs of games, which is admittedly a lot of work - or they could add an "Episode Zero" to the post-game, which explores Kyurem's history and mythos without the need to expand it into an entire game, which I think if substantial enough, could work really well.

Although that said, I would hate to see the B2W2 Unova not remade, as there's just so much more to it than Unova in BW1. Unova is BW is rather barebones and whilst I love some of it, Unova in B2W2 has so much more to offer, and some characters have much better, striking designs, such as Elesa & Iris.
Ideally, I'd like to see a fusion between the two pairs of games - combining B&W's strong story and focus with B2W2's larger, expansive region to create a strong fusion of the two, kindof overlapping B2W2's regions with BW's story arc, and adding in post-main story arcs for the sages (BW's post game) and one for Kyurem and its forms.

2. I'd want to see the obvious inclusion of all the updated mechanics and details.
But personally, expand more on the differences between the Unovas. More location differences & more differences in Pokedex availability between versions.
I'd really like to see the Abyssal Ruins kept as they are too, as I thought that was a fantastic post-game adventure.

3. I'd like to see White Forest & Black City as they aree in B2W2, just with their mechanics modernized to be in line with the gen they're in. Keep the Shiny Dratini/Gible available, too.

4. Make the musicals more enjoyable, and have the difficulty levels from B2W2 available right from the get go. If GF are so concerned with dfficulty on games just make the modes changeable in-game instead. People can tweak it as they like then. Anyone who wants to stay on hard can do so, and anyone who needs to lower it can do so. I personally don't like the idea of flexible difficulty modes, but I can see why they'd do it for player convenience.

I hope to see the return of the seasons. Just imagine summer sparkling, winter blanketed with snow, autumn aflame with many colors and spring blooming with flowers all in HD. :)

I hope to see the return of the seasons. Just imagine summer sparkling, winter blanketed with snow, autumn aflame with many colors and spring blooming with flowers all in HD. :)

I'm all up for seasons returning, except with one change: make it change weekly instead of monthly. I originally beat BW within 2 weeks, and it was Fall, which caused me to miss several Pokemon and items exclusive to Winter. And it shouldn't be locked behind one month+ of time waiting for seasons to change. So a weekly season change would be very appreciated.

Definitely agree with The_Doctor, I also only saw the game in autumn too. Most people finish the game within a month, so you mostly only see one season and that's just a waste of a fun mechanic.

Furthermore I really want them to make the difficulty modes available from the start, and that something is done to make musicals more fun and worth doing. And I'd really like to see customization in the games. That's really all I can think of for now, the games are just too new for me still to really have any new ideas about them yet ^^;

Regarding BW and BW2, I can't really imagine them remaking them both, so I think they'll just remake BW and maybe add elements from the sequels. Would be cool if they added all Gym Leaders and we could choose which 8 to challenge :D But I doubt they'd go that far, they'd probably just get cameos.

-A reinventing of Musicals that expands the sidequest. Would it kill them to let us have Ribbons again?

-I'd also love to see the return of the Entralink and Dream World, with expanded lore to flesh out the concepts. I really like the idea, especially now that Gen VII has been exploring alternate dimensions a bit more.

-Trainer customization.

-Join Avenue.
This. All of this. I was so disappointed that we didn't get Ribbons in Unova; my Golurk should have looked like a five star general with as many Musicals as he "won". But it didn't happen. And for the love of all that is holy and good, BRING BACK JOIN AVENUE. Festival Plaza is a pale imitation at best and a ridiculous pain in the skidplate at worst; Join Avenue was fun and engaging.

And give us a choice between trainers: Let us pick whether or not we want to be Hilda or Rosa. That would be great, thank you.
I think they'll just do what they did with ORAS, main game like BW and then a post game arc with Kyurem.
That's what I've been thinking myself. It could be the "Grey" episode or something. But I could see a neat story dealing with Kyurem and that sort of thing postgame. It would give us something to do other than grinding out BP at the local Battle Subway.

Personally, I want to see a metric and US standard slag-ton of Unova Megas. Seriously. I can think of four off the top of my head who could use the Mega treatment: Sawk, Bisharp, Druddigon and... huh, I said I had four. Now suddenly I can't remember the last one... :LOL:

But please give me some Unova Megas, I am begging you GF. There's one who could get an upgrade and be epically awesome; can ya make that happen...?

And give us a choice between trainers: Let us pick whether or not we want to be Hilda or Rosa. That would be great, thank you.
What about having Hilda as a base, but include Rosa's hair and clothes as customization options? It's the best of both worlds, because you can change between them any time you want.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom