• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your feelings about Iris?

@may-serena-dawn Do you watch dub or Japanese? I read someone saying her catchphrase sounds less annoying in Japanese than in English, do I don't speak Japanese. Do you?

Hi my friend QueenEevee, it been a long time sense you answered me my best friend.

Anyway, after all these things that I wrote, i mean:-

Iris is the most awful character that I never seen in this anime. she is the worst, and I really really really don't want to see her any more. Her character, and pokemons are the worst, and really really really I wished that she isn't in the entire pokemon world. I don't know why she is in the Anime ever? Nothing good comes from her character, her wins are not wins in reality. They came like guns in my heart. Her win are not luck, it is so unfair, so stupid matches, because the lucks can happen by time to time, but no she is the one whoo win. I am so so so so soooooory for you Miss Georgia, and to you too Miss Burgundy for what happened to you both in the entire matches, and story. You both really really really deserve to be in finals really you did a very good matches but no lost unfairly specially when you both lost to Iris.

Winning in matches, games, winning the entire tournament were so awful. I found myself anger, anger, and anger.I really angered, and hated the entire game. Luke was should eliminate her pokemon Axew. In the first match, she won even if she should be eliminated by souk. I hated her firstly for You are such a kid which should be for her, but no, she is the one who said it, and then we see that she is really really really really baby not just kid. In reality, to me then she should not be a trainer, she should be drink milk like babies in home; because she doesn't know anything.

Catching Dragonite is the most awful thing. I didn't want to see the episode. I always frustrate when I see that Dragonite, and in reality Iris should be in Cynthia's level if she can Catch Dragonite; Because Dragonite and Garchamp are same, both are nearby to be legendary, they are pusedo legendary pokemons; so Iris is cythina. I hated both Dawn, Cynthia when they didn't hit Iris for every problems she down in the battles. Ash been hated by problem if he made one mistake, but in the other hand, Iris made everyone in danger when she lost to Krokodile, but no one concerned about that. I really reallly really think that dragonite should lost from the beginning of the battle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About axew, after what we saw from axew and his super unnatural power when he learnt outrage and giga impact the 2 super power attack who nearly need 20 level traning final evolution and axew learn them out of nowwhere for one shot and with not training let's hope axew learn hyperbeam, on roar of time or Spacial Rend or two of these two attacks or all of them.

The roar of time is special dragon attack for dialga but axew is super special so hy can learn it in xyand same with special rend who is attack for palkia

So for hyperbeam who is special for final eveoulation except dragonair who can use it and not final evolution however who super unnatural axew and his traning iris (damn axew and iris0 he can learn hyperbeam and beat all the rules of pokemon

So the question is :"Axew will learn hyperbeam, roar of time and Spacial Rend"?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emolga the Irresistible! Episode with Emolga and the New Volt Switch! Episode VS Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky? Episode

I really really really want to do a challenge for both Emolga two episodes with purrolin episode, or purrolin sweet or sneaky episode which I think that both of them have some relationships. In the purrloin episode, I want to know about the reason of why they want us to say that the purrolin is more sneaky pokemon than sweety pokemon, with making Cilan hated, and scared from him even if cilan is the one who involved with any pokemon. The Purrloin was a good pokemon who is been hurt after thinking that his pokemon is betrayed it him.

In the other hand, Emolga was a pokemon who build problems, who make people fight each other. He didn't want to join anyone other than make fun of pokemons, taking foods, make fighting, but no still the writers want us to feel that he is a good pokemon. I really happy that My lovely pokemon snivy did punished him for his problems. Emolga was te reasons for every problems, and just run away when the problems happen. But in reality, The one who should catch it is Bianca, who really worked hard all the time in Emolga the Irresistible! Episode with her hypervoice pokemon, but no the one who catch it is The awful Iris.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Village of Dragons VS Masara Taun (Pallet Town)

I really got bored from the people who said that Iris is from Village of Dragons who always lived with Dragons,eat them, can understand them, and united with them; so for all these reasons then Iris Can do all impossible things such as axew can learn the outrage, and giga impact out of nowhere, and can catch dragonite; then if that so, then Ash is from the densetsu masara taun (Legendary Pallet Town); so I decide to do a comparison between The Village of Dragons VS Masara Taun (Pallet Town).

1. Sure that village of dragons are living with dragons, can united with them, but Also Pallet Town is the village for entire pokemons; so why Ash can not catch any final evolution. Yes you can say that he catched Muk, primeppe, and bidrill but if you ash me, then in reality then it is so easy to catch theese pokemons, nit Dragonite. Even dawn got her Togekiss from another girl, even if they did a change between each other, but still they in reality are different persons.

2. In the village of Dragons, there is a two big dragons master, who are the elder, are the gym leader draidon; so she can catch Dragonite, and make Axew learn these Extremely stupid Attacks. If that so, then I will tell that in the Masara taun, there is the legendary proffesor, the one who everyone want to see by television, her his voice, talk with him in telephone, or meet with him for one time, the legendary oak; so why that didn't affect ash in everything. Why ash didn't catch Mewtwo, or Tranitar, or Garchomp.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Thinking my best friend. that Episode was awful, and nothing good from it. I really really really anger that only one single fxxking flower made like she lost the world. Ash didn't do anything wrong in that episode, and I do want that Ash didn't allowed her to travell with him anymore

-------------------------------------------------------

Iris fearing from Ice is Really really really awful also. I don't know the point from it. I am sure that they know that no one concered about her; so they wanted to make something that make us be happy from her, but no I don't like at all, and in reality I also Hate insects such as Misty , and multi people also have have this fear so this thing is fine, not from Icce. If that so, then she should hate the dragon type but it deefeat himself, and she should hate hate hate this type: "Fairy Type", even it is so so so cute type

I really hate Iris

You only look for a single question that about What I am watching, dub, or sub?

What should I say? Cry, hit my head in the wall, ask people for answering me such as beggars, or what tell me? At least, one single like, or one single answer even if that answer is disagree with me, but still how me that someone does care about my posts.

Glad that someone people answers in my threads

Anyway, I will be better, and answering you that I always see the dub one, only from XY, and Sun and moon, then I saw the Sub. I want to see the Dub in XY, and sun and moon also.

But, I still didn't understand the question about knowing Japanese. Do you ask me if I know japanese

First off: I really dig your profile name. May, Dawn, and Serena all had meaningful stories, and I too am one of the few people who loved all 3.

Second, I still disagree, for that would still be negative energy towards pokemon due to how they were born, wouldn't it? How could one be justified and not the other? I think both are realistic, one does not need to be more valid. At least in my view.

I will do a very very very very very like to "First off: I really dig your profile name. May, Dawn, and Serena all had meaningful stories, and I too am one of the few people who loved all 3."

No, I don't think so. If she scared from Ice, then that will be a fine, if she does have a reason.

----------------------------------------------------------

Am I talk with myself here??????????????????
If That so, then Why I am entering in the threads, or posts, or in the entire forums.

But one important thing, this thread should be closed; because it will do the fights again, or no I forgot that if I am the one who did ths thread, then right it will closed.

But, I am not the one who opened this thread; so it will not close, even if it will open the fight again.

Hi my friend QueenEevee, it been a long time sense you answered me my best friend.

Anyway, after all these things that I wrote, i mean:-

You only look for a single question that about What I am watching, dub, or sub?

What should I say? Cry, hit my head in the wall, ask people for answering me such as beggars, or what tell me? At least, one single like, or one single answer even if that answer is disagree with me, but still how me that someone does care about my posts.

Glad that someone people answers in my threads

Anyway, I will be better, and answering you that I always see the dub one, only from XY, and Sun and moon, then I saw the Sub. I want to see the Dub in XY, and sun and moon also.

But, I still didn't understand the question about knowing Japanese. Do you ask me if I know japanese

I will do a very very very very very like to "First off: I really dig your profile name. May, Dawn, and Serena all had meaningful stories, and I too am one of the few people who loved all 3."

No, I don't think so. If she scared from Ice, then that will be a fine, if she does have a reason.

If That so, then Why I am entering in the threads, or posts, or in the entire forums.

But one important thing, this thread should be closed; because it will do the fights again, or no I forgot that if I am the one who did ths thread, then right it will closed.

But, I am not the one who opened this thread; so it will not close, even if it will open the fight again.

I was asking you if you know Japanese, yes.

I was asking you if you know Japanese, yes.
Yes, I know Japanese language; because I completed my 13th year in the Japanese Anime

but still after all that i wrote, you only looked for this thing

Yes, I know Japanese language; because I completed my 13th year in the Japanese Anime

but still after all that i wrote, you only looked for this thing

I do

So you agree that you only looked for this single thing

What Should I say? Laugh, Cry, hit my head in wall, or what?

Anyway, just forgot it

--------------------------------

Anyway, this thread should close because it will do fight.

I do care about your posts.

Yes I know, so you only asked about something elsee, about dub, or sub.

Maybe, I didn't understand you, or I was make mistake.

Anyway, this thread should close because it will do fight. Oh I forgot that it made by someone elso so it didn't close. If me is the one who open it then it will close

I did write everything, without answer, then What Should I do'

I really hope for one single answer, but no one when cared, such as I am talking with wall, or with fetish not with people

Nope. The only time her fear of a type was brought up was with Trip's Vanillite and Ice-types supposedly. She's always loved Dragons.
I found it! It's from BW136.

Dub:
"When I was younger, I really didn't like Dragon type pokemon very much at all. They were so scary, I can hardly stand looking at them!"

Sub:
Screenshot_2017-05-31-01-13-54-1.png

Iris is dragon type confirmed!

Last edited:
Yes I know, so you only asked about something elsee, about dub, or sub.

Maybe, I didn't understand you, or I was make mistake.

Anyway, this thread should close because it will do fight. Oh I forgot that it made by someone elso so it didn't close. If me is the one who open it then it will close

I did write everything, without answer, then What Should I do'

I really hope for one single answer, but no one when cared, such as I am talking with wall, or with fetish not with people

Iris is such a little kid.

Iris is such a little kid.

Are you make fun of me, or try to say that we will just shut his mouth by answering him even in anything unrepeatable even if he ask about something else

I have feeling that you just answer to shut my mouth. If you don't want to answer, then you don't have to. Ok Iris is baby if you ask me, but I am talking about all these things

Iris is the most awful character that I never seen in this anime. she is the worst, and I really really really don't want to see her any more. Her character, and pokemons are the worst, and really really really I wished that she isn't in the entire pokemon world. I don't know why she is in the Anime ever? Nothing good comes from her character, her wins are not wins in reality. They came like guns in my heart. Her win are not luck, it is so unfair, so stupid matches, because the lucks can happen by time to time, but no she is the one whoo win. I am so so so so soooooory for you Miss Georgia, and to you too Miss Burgundy for what happened to you both in the entire matches, and story. You both really really really deserve to be in finals really you did a very good matches but no lost unfairly specially when you both lost to Iris.

Winning in matches, games, winning the entire tournament were so awful. I found myself anger, anger, and anger.I really angered, and hated the entire game. Luke was should eliminate her pokemon Axew. In the first match, she won even if she should be eliminated by souk. I hated her firstly for You are such a kid which should be for her, but no, she is the one who said it, and then we see that she is really really really really baby not just kid. In reality, to me then she should not be a trainer, she should be drink milk like babies in home; because she doesn't know anything.

Catching Dragonite is the most awful thing. I didn't want to see the episode. I always frustrate when I see that Dragonite, and in reality Iris should be in Cynthia's level if she can Catch Dragonite; Because Dragonite and Garchamp are same, both are nearby to be legendary, they are pusedo legendary pokemons; so Iris is cythina. I hated both Dawn, Cynthia when they didn't hit Iris for every problems she down in the battles. Ash been hated by problem if he made one mistake, but in the other hand, Iris made everyone in danger when she lost to Krokodile, but no one concerned about that. I really reallly really think that dragonite should lost from the beginning of the battle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About axew, after what we saw from axew and his super unnatural power when he learnt outrage and giga impact the 2 super power attack who nearly need 20 level traning final evolution and axew learn them out of nowwhere for one shot and with not training let's hope axew learn hyperbeam, on roar of time or Spacial Rend or two of these two attacks or all of them.

The roar of time is special dragon attack for dialga but axew is super special so hy can learn it in xyand same with special rend who is attack for palkia

So for hyperbeam who is special for final eveoulation except dragonair who can use it and not final evolution however who super unnatural axew and his traning iris (damn axew and iris0 he can learn hyperbeam and beat all the rules of pokemon

So the question is :"Axew will learn hyperbeam, roar of time and Spacial Rend"?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emolga the Irresistible! Episode with Emolga and the New Volt Switch! Episode VS Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky? Episode

I really really really want to do a challenge for both Emolga two episodes with purrolin episode, or purrolin sweet or sneaky episode which I think that both of them have some relationships. In the purrloin episode, I want to know about the reason of why they want us to say that the purrolin is more sneaky pokemon than sweety pokemon, with making Cilan hated, and scared from him even if cilan is the one who involved with any pokemon. The Purrloin was a good pokemon who is been hurt after thinking that his pokemon is betrayed it him.

In the other hand, Emolga was a pokemon who build problems, who make people fight each other. He didn't want to join anyone other than make fun of pokemons, taking foods, make fighting, but no still the writers want us to feel that he is a good pokemon. I really happy that My lovely pokemon snivy did punished him for his problems. Emolga was te reasons for every problems, and just run away when the problems happen. But in reality, The one who should catch it is Bianca, who really worked hard all the time in Emolga the Irresistible! Episode with her hypervoice pokemon, but no the one who catch it is The awful Iris.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Village of Dragons VS Masara Taun (Pallet Town)

I really got bored from the people who said that Iris is from Village of Dragons who always lived with Dragons,eat them, can understand them, and united with them; so for all these reasons then Iris Can do all impossible things such as axew can learn the outrage, and giga impact out of nowhere, and can catch dragonite; then if that so, then Ash is from the densetsu masara taun (Legendary Pallet Town); so I decide to do a comparison between The Village of Dragons VS Masara Taun (Pallet Town).

1. Sure that village of dragons are living with dragons, can united with them, but Also Pallet Town is the village for entire pokemons; so why Ash can not catch any final evolution. Yes you can say that he catched Muk, primeppe, and bidrill but if you ash me, then in reality then it is so easy to catch theese pokemons, nit Dragonite. Even dawn got her Togekiss from another girl, even if they did a change between each other, but still they in reality are different persons.

2. In the village of Dragons, there is a two big dragons master, who are the elder, are the gym leader draidon; so she can catch Dragonite, and make Axew learn these Extremely stupid Attacks. If that so, then I will tell that in the Masara taun, there is the legendary proffesor, the one who everyone want to see by television, her his voice, talk with him in telephone, or meet with him for one time, the legendary oak; so why that didn't affect ash in everything. Why ash didn't catch Mewtwo, or Tranitar, or Garchomp.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Thinking my best friend. that Episode was awful, and nothing good from it. I really really really anger that only one single fxxking flower made like she lost the world. Ash didn't do anything wrong in that episode, and I do want that Ash didn't allowed her to travell with him anymore

-------------------------------------------------------

Iris fearing from Ice is Really really really awful also. I don't know the point from it. I am sure that they know that no one concered about her; so they wanted to make something that make us be happy from her, but no I don't like at all, and in reality I also Hate insects such as Misty , and multi people also have have this fear so this thing is fine, not from Icce. If that so, then she should hate the dragon type but it deefeat himself, and she should hate hate hate this type: "Fairy Type", even it is so so so cute type

I really hate Iris

I am really stupid for completing one hour exatly one hour to finish all these things; because I do know that no one will care, or answer me such as baby is talking, or stupid person is talking

I don't know but I am really really stupid. I am stupid for writing, speaking, and tire myself.

------------

-----------------
Anyway, I decide to send message to the adminsitrators to close this title if no one did close it; because if I am the one who open it then they will close it, and give my a warning also; because they will say that I am opening the threads that doesn't have meaning, or will do a lot of fights after the first thread of IRIS and should close; so the same should happen with the other threads if they will do fights

Last edited:
I found it! It's from BW136.

Dub:
"When I was younger, I really didn't like Dragon type pokemon very much at all. They were so scary, I can hardly stand looking at them!"

Sub:
I stand corrected! I see it's from their time in Decolore. Admittedly, I stopped watching BW (except for several episodes) during/after the N arc because I was too disappointed and was waiting for XY.

I actually didn't mind Iris. I like her more than two of the other female companions, at least personality wise. Yes, she could get annoying sometimes (though I agree with other posters who have said that her "you're such a kid" catchphrase was, like many things, far worse/more annoying in the dub) but truthfully, I find that a majority of the characters can get pretty annoying at different times for a number of reasons.

I think Iris really suffered from poor writing and weak storylines. Her backstory was really great, but that's the most memorable thing I remember about Iris. Her goal was never really well developed, she didn't really have a lot of character development, and her departure (as well as Cilan's) was very abrupt. I wasn't really able to feel much when she left, because it was just so void of emotion and there was nothing else really to feel very attached to when it came to her. Obviously, none of that is her fault as a character, but it definitely affected the way I felt about her and how much I actually appreciated her as a main character.

So, I did like her. I definitely don't hate her like most fans do. I just wish she had been given more substance.

I like Iris myself and while I do agree that her Dragon Master goal should have probably been replaced with something with else or at the very least Axew should have evolved, I however liked how she was very confrontational with Ash willing to point out flaws he had and yet at the same time still caring for him as a friend, and while I know some people call her a hypocrite and hate her for it I'm fine with it its makes her more realistic I have seen plenty of people in real life been hypocrites, myself included, but Iris herself was never exempt from having her own flaws pointed out either. I also don't have any issues with her catch or her catching Dragonite they never really effected my opinion of her in anyway.

I like Iris myself and while I do agree that her Dragon Master goal should have probably been replaced with something with else or at the very least Axew should have evolved, I however liked how she was very confrontational with Ash willing to point out flaws he had and yet at the same time still caring for him as a friend, and while I know some people call her a hypocrite and hate her for it I'm fine with it its makes her more realistic I have seen plenty of people in real life been hypocrites, myself included, but Iris herself was never exempt from having her own flaws pointed out either. I also don't have any issues with her catch or her catching Dragonite they never really effected my opinion of her in anyway.

I don't recall Iris' flaws being pointed out too much. There were times where they were, but they were never really addressed in any meaningful ways. Stuff like not understanding her Pokemon or not using Axew to battle more often were mentioned, but the show never really did much to have her develop from those flaws. Maybe that wouldn't have been too bad if the show tried so hard to make it seem like Iris had gotten so much stronger during her journey with Ash, but that's pretty much what they did. You can't have these flaws remain mostly unchanged by the end of the series and still claim that she's a much stronger trainer at the same time.

I'm also not sure if being a hypocrite adds much realism to her character. If anything, it would have been more realistic for Ash and/or Cilan to be more upset at Iris for her hypocritical attitude, especially early on in the series where despite giving Ash such a hard time she couldn't even get Axew to master the weakest Dragon type move. Not to mention it would have been closer to capturing the Ash/Misty dynamic that they were probably going for with Iris in the first place.

Potential and Group Dynamic. Again, when I saw that Iris was joining the cast as a travelling companion for Ash, I thought it was pretty cool. In the games, she was a rural girl with an affinity for the outdoors. I thought such elements would uniquely contrast with Ash, and later Cilan, given that he isn't as outdoorsy as she is. And for a while, this actually was realized! Early in BW, Iris's outdoor and spiritual affinity was shown in several instances, whether it was her sleeping in trees, solely eating wild berries and vegetables or arguing with CIlan on the existence of the supernatural. However, all of that gradually began to phase out and only occurred rarely late into the saga..

Another disappointment with Iris. She was originally described as "a wild girl" but that literally lasted for about 3 episodes before she was just as basic and bland as any other female character. Why?? I actually liked that she was supposed to be swinging in trees and eating berries and that kinda sht but it amounted to nothing in the end. Why on earth would they get rid of such a unique aspect like that so quickly with barely any reasoning? It might not have saved her character entirely but it would at least have kept her somewhat unique~

So yeah, I hate her with a passion. Easily the worst character in the history of the series.

after Serena iris has actually grown on me she isn't dull had a lot pertential and episodes focused on her she was generally likeable it us just a shame the writers screwed up so much

Iris was cool as hell. Didn't take Ash's nice guy anime hero crap and she had a cool ass Dragonite.

Her Anex was kinda wack though.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom