• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Unova Remakes

I wonder how Colress would even be handled in Gen V remakes as the Colress we know in Gen V isn't the same one we saw in Alola in Sun/Moon.

It'd be interesting if the Colress from the megaverse was never a part of Team Plasma, as his goals were very different.

Idk if I can see this actually happening, but I would kinda like it if Black and Black 2 were 1 version, and White and White 2 were the other. Like after you finish BW, you can start the B2W2 story and all the Unova Link features that come with it.

... of course, now that I'm thinking about it, that would probably mean that all the pokemon obtained in the first game would be locked out until a certain point, unless it gets explained very early on or something.

@Meta Boss, do you see them mking two sets of remakes? One for BW and another for B2W2?
Nah, not happening.

Idk if I can see this actually happening, but I would kinda like it if Black and Black 2 were 1 version, and White and White 2 were the other. Like after you finish BW, you can start the B2W2 story and all the Unova Link features that come with it.
So, you basically want 2 games in 1. Haven´t you thought GF would have to also double the price of the game, if this happens? That would be around 80 - 90 euros. It is not really feasible.

If GF wanted to actually make both games, they would just sell them separately, and win more money. There is no financial benefit for them to sell us 2 in 1. They will just make BW1 remakes and call it a day; I would be glad if they even included some BW2 content in the remakes xD

Idk, maybe they won't straight up DOUBLE the price. At worst, it'll increase it a little.

The pack of Bayo 1 and 2 were still $60, the normal price for a Wii U game, as well as Star Fox Zero and Guard. Granted, those games are shorter.

I'm sure I'm missing some 2-for-the-price-of-more-than-1 games that exist in this world, but like I said, I'm not sure if I can see what I said happening in the first place.

They will undoubtedly just crank out a standard pair of BW remakes with scattered inclusions from B2W2, but in an ideal world, I really would like for them to make B3W3. It would fit very much in with the pattern-breaking spirit of Gen 5, and would allow them to tell an entirely new story that's set years later in a familiar region, which is something that I have wanted to see for a while, but feel as though it would only be appropriate in certain circumstances.

I like Unova as it is. No remakes please.

I agree with this in principle, but at the same time, the Wi-Fi shutdown has made it so that a lot of Gen 5's content is now inaccessible, which is something that remakes on newer technology could restore. Plus, the games' UI has gotten a lot smoother, which is one of the reasons why I personally prefer playing Gens 6/7 instead of 5, despite Gen 5 being my all-time favorite. Wedding the Gen 5 games with the (likely to only keep getting better) layout of the newer games would be a dream, for me at least.

Last edited:
So, you basically want 2 games in 1. Haven´t you thought GF would have to also double the price of the game, if this happens? That would be around 80 - 90 euros. It is not really feasible.

Square Enix recently released a Kingdom Hearts remaster collection on PS4 which contains 4 full games and 2 movies, and it had a starting price of $50.

Not saying I think this scenario is likely overall, but a 2-in-1 Pokemon game would most likely cost the same exact price as usual. The vast majority of 2 (or more)-in-1 games have never been a higher price than standard. It doesn't work that way, never has and never will. Price doesn't go up just because more content is included. That only happens with physical bundles, i.e. 2 separate games on separate discs/carts in a box set.

Square Enix recently released a Kingdom Hearts remaster collection on PS4 which contains 4 full games and 2 movies, and it had a starting price of $50.
Good to know, but this is Game Freak we are talking about here. Let´s not lose perspective xD

Good to know, but this is Game Freak we are talking about here. Let´s not lose perspective xD

See my edits in my post you quoted. 2-in-1 games have never and will never cost more than standard. Gamefreak would not break this pattern. Economically, it would be suicide. The entire industry agrees, and Gamefreak won't be any different. Wouldn't matter if they did a 3-in-1, the price would never go above the market price for video games unless it were a physically bundled box set, which is even more unlikely (and actually, physically bundled sets are cheaper than standard if you consider the prices of each individual component--though this is not what we're actually talking about so it's more or less irrelevant).

See my edits. 2-in-1 games have never and will never cost more than standard. Gamefreak would not break this pattern.
If it is a re- release, yes. We are talking about fully fleshed remake here. If they were to remake both BW1 and sequels, they would never just cram the content of both in one gamebut make it cost a regular 40 euros/dollars, like a normal game. Either the price would be doubled, or they will just release both remakes eparately, to double dip.

And of course the price won´t be doubled, they would be stupid to do that. They would just release both games separately.

Which, as I said, isn´t gonna happen. They will just make a BW1 remake, no BW2 remake.

If it is a re- release, yes. We are talking about fully fleshed remake here. If they were to remake both BW1 and sequels, they would never just cram the content of both in one game, and still cost like a normal game. Either the price would be doubled, or they will just release both remakes eparately, to double dip.

I do not believe this will ever happen, as you likely agree. The idea of remaking both titles and stuffing them into one single game is highly unlikely. I do agree it is more likely (than a 2-in-1) that they would just remake both separately (though I think if we get remakes, it's more likely they'll just ignore B2W2 and just do BW). However, if they were to do a 2-in-1, the price would be the same as every other game, no higher. I guarantee. It doesn't work like you suggest. I encourage you to find an exception.

You didn´t get what I meant. Or I didn´t explain it properly.

What I was saying is that, if Game Freak bothered to remake BOTH the content of BW1 and BW2, they would NEVER do a 2-1 scenario, because they would be losing money. The only thing to JUSTIFY them cramming 2 games in 1 cartridge, would be if they doubled the price. Now of course this is NOT going to happen, because who would pay 80 instead of 40? Nobody. I was just using it as a hyperbole of why they are not gonna make a 2 in 1 situation. That is why they wouldn´t do such a thing. They would either make 2 reparate remakes (not happening either), or just remake regular BW1, add some BW2 references in the postgame, and call it a day (that is the most likelything they will make).

I also like the idea of BW3. I think this is the only possible alternative but still very unlikely.

You didn´t get what I meant. Or I didn´t explain it properly.

What I was saying is that, if Game Freak bothered to remake BOTH the content of BW1 and BW2, they would NEVER do a 2-1 scenario, because they would be losing money. The only thing to JUSTIFY them cramming 2 games in 1 cartridge, would be if they doubled the price. Now of course this is NOT going to happen, because who would pay 80 instead of 40? Nobody. I was just using it as a hyperbole of why they are not gonna make a 2 in 1 situation. That is why they wouldn´t do such a thing. They would either make 2 reparate remakes (not happening either), or just remake regular BW1, add some BW2 references in the postgame, and call it a day (that is the most likelything they will make).

I also like the idea of BW3. I think this is the only possible alternative but still very unlikely.

I completely agree that Gamefreak would never do a 2-in-1. I also agree that a simple BW remake with post-game references is most likely, and even B3W3 is more likely than a 2-in-1. I'm simply arguing that IF, doesn't imply they ever would, but IF they ever did, then the price would not and could not be doubled. It would be standard price. But yes, they have little to no reason to ever do that.

Again, I am fully aware they would never sell a game that costs 80 instead of the regular 40. I was simply using it as a hyperbole to explain that it ain´t gonna happen. You just took my words literally, for some reason...

Here are the only 3 feasible scenarios imo:

1. They only remake BW1 and call it a day. They just add some small references and forshadowing to BW2 in the postgame.

2. They remake BW1 and also manage to include some of the important content from BW2 (like the new Towns and Cities and routes, PWT, PokeStar studios, and Funfest missions)

3. They make a brand new game called BW3, instead of a remake.

I think it will be option n1.

Last edited:
In terms of Unova remakes, all I want is for them to use the superior BW2 Pokedex along with having PokeStar Studios over Musicals. Anything else, I don't really care all too much about.

What about having Hilda as a base, but include Rosa's hair and clothes as customization options? It's the best of both worlds, because you can change between them any time you want.
That would be freaking perfect. I'd just love the option of switching it up if I'd want. Hey GF, you listening?

I'd also like to unlock Poke Star Studios as part of the postgame. That way, we can do more than just hit the battling spot and call it a day. A nice, meaty postgame would probably make most fans really happy.

Also I want a Mega Golurk. For reasons. :p

@Meta Boss What you're forgetting is that BW1 and BW2 have a lot of overlapping content. So in terms of content and development it'd be more like 1.5-in-1, which would be perfectly manageable. So Option 2 is feasible, and it'd be the best way for them to incorporate both games.

They could keep the Pokedex roster much like BW's but open it up to the national dex like in the original games, adding the pokemon in B2W2's dex to the areas that are locked from the main story or exclusive to B2W2 (like Flochessy, Virbank or the right side of Unova's mainland) and Hidden Grottos (while also adding some pokemon from Kalos and Alola)

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom