• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
It's all over the forums, but leaked/fake Aether leader Gladion reference art leaked along with some other seemingly convincing details. RUMOR: Pokémon “Stars” Leaks

I buy it. That artwork looks super-realistic, even moreso than the leaked artwork of the Starters' final stages.

So, cool. It may not be a Kanto sequel, but if that person's information is true, then it's at least a sequel at all rather than a boring third version. What they say about learning more of past events piques my interest. And I would never have expected new Pokémon to be introduced halfway into this generation anyway. Megas maybe, though it's no surprise if they don't come back right now either. Though it would be very remiss of them to not introduce more Alola Forms while they've got the chance.

Gyms replacing Trials is something I would have expected in the event of another Alola game. I hope they would find a way to make them more interesting than usual, but I still give them credit even just for shaking things up in SM.

It's all over the forums, but leaked/fake Aether leader Gladion reference art leaked along with some other seemingly convincing details. RUMOR: Pokémon “Stars” Leaks
The 'Confidential' stamp is kinda suspicious. Sure it could be a genuine leak like with the Alolan starters, but it could also be the leaker attempting to mimic said leaks. The handwriting seems to be similar, at least from what I could tell with the Alolan starter artwork.

This pic is going around now, showing that it's possible that it's just an edited pic:

Fake_2.png

Also, someone pointed out that Silvally is 7'07" (2.3 m) and therefore Gladion towering above it is pretty weird :p

Could be just an innocent mistake, but not sure if the GF artists would make mistakes like that.

Also, someone pointed out that Silvally is 7'07" (2.3 m) and therefore Gladion towering above it is pretty weird :p

Could be just an innocent mistake, but not sure if the GF artists would make mistakes like that.
well these would be reference sheets for anime, would they not? Silvally being 7'7" is of less importance there, i would think. if it is fake, it is a well-made one. the big downside i can see is that the information the rumor has is more or less all "duh" type information.

well these would be reference sheets for anime, would they not? Silvally being 7'7" is of less importance there, i would think. if it is fake, it is a well-made one. the big downside i can see is that the information the rumor has is more or less all "duh" type information.

Well I first assumed it was game concept art (since it was posted together with a screenshot) but now that you mention it, it should indeed be a reference for the anime. Which makes this even more suspicious cause afaik the Gladion in the anime is extremely far away from becoming the president of Aether Paradise. Some huge timeskip would have to happen to incorporate a sequel into the anime I think.

So, cool. It may not be a Kanto sequel, but if that person's information is true, then it's at least a sequel at all rather than a boring third version. What they say about learning more of past events piques my interest. And I would never have expected new Pokémon to be introduced halfway into this generation anyway. Megas maybe, though it's no surprise if they don't come back right now either. Though it would be very remiss of them to not introduce more Alola Forms while they've got the chance.

lol megas

I'd love to see more Alola forms for non Gen 1 Pokemon tomorrow.

But the past events titbit caught my attention too - seems a very GF thing to say when they discuss themes and aesthetic choices in their games.

This pic is going around now, showing that it's possible that it's just an edited pic:

View attachment 102844

Begone with your logic! Let us hype ourselves into delusions of grandeur only to be disappointed tomorrow in peace. :p

It wouldn't be impossible to replicate the concept art style considering GF has provided us with concept art for characters they've done in the game such as Gladion and Grimsley, some of which even came with the guidebook and thus many would have easy access to. It does show a lot of creativity, but as we've seen in previous leaks there's no lengths that people won't go to fool others.

With that said, it's not impossible that this is true, though GF dropping Alolan Trials rather then fixing their flaws for reusing the old Gym system again would leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

Well I first assumed it was game concept art (since it was posted together with a screenshot) but now that you mention it, it should indeed be a reference for the anime. Which makes this even more suspicious cause afaik the Gladion in the anime is extremely far away from becoming the president of Aether Paradise. Some huge timeskip would have to happen to incorporate a sequel into the anime I think.
i definitely didn't consider that angle. with that information and that screenshot comparison i doubt it a bit more now, though i suppose there's always room for errors and inconsistency.

Dang been a LONG time! anyway that pic looks so believable so who knows especially after the Gen 7 final evolutions leak also I hope it IS a sequel since there's a lot of loose ends not answered in S/M can't wait till tomorrow!

Last edited:
I wonder if they'll fix the intro this time. It was too long and should be shorter or just have a skip option.

I sorta predict a Third version of the game, it will be available most likely on both 3DS and on nintendo switch, with most features in switch such as HD and follower pokemons.

That's my guess on the matter.

If it's fake, then consider me impressed. Someone has some great art skills. :p

People are very good at this kind of thing. There was a fake Super Smash Bros. leak lately that had an excellently done HD version of the 3DS Paper Mario stage.

You can't really trust anything at this point. Nothing from this 'leak' made it look really trustworthy to me.

Famous Chinese leaker NintenPipe NintenPipe|任天派 - 任天堂综合资讯门户 was reported to claim that tonight's Pokemon Direct will be about a new 3DS games.
The person who discovered the Chinese leak claimed that NintenPipe is a reputable leaker with insider information from Nintendo Hong Kong, and the former also claimed that NintenPipe has put 3DS on the Pokemon Direct picture this morning, causing a lot of discussion in China.

Back
Top Bottom