• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me that Ho-Oh poster.

And if they barely showcase Bulbasaur and Squirtle for the sake of Sinnoh Pokemon of all things, they might as well not show them at all.

Show me that Ho-Oh poster.

And if they barely showcase Bulbasaur and Squirtle for the sake of Sinnoh Pokemon of all things, they might as well not show them at all.
W41KkIb.jpg

Featuring the Kanto Starters.

I don't know what you mean by Sinnoh Pokémon. Looks fine to me.

Don't act coy. Bulbasaur and Squirtle are missing from the trailer, merchandise, movie website and CoroCoro, while Piplup and Lucario are only missing from two obscure posters.

Chances are that the two Kanto starters' screentime will be incredibly limited. I'll be glad to be proven wrong.

Edit: The legendary beasts are finally confirmed to appear. Still no word on the rest of Ash's team.

I hope that the beasts will get better treatment than they did in the Zoroark movie, but I am not holding my breath with the focus being on Marshadow. And I actually find it a shame how legendary-centric this movie has ended up being.

Last edited:
Still no word on the rest of Ash's team.

The only ones I see completely missing are Pidgeot, Primeape, Kingler, Muk and Taurus (which was unused in Kanto saga). I think Pidgeotto would be a disappointing loss from the movie, and the rest didn't get that much screentime in the anime itself, so I think it'd be plausible to not have them.

I only care about the starters, Butterfree and Pidgeotto since they were his real team alongside Pikachu. By the way, Pidgeotto did show up briefly in the first movie, and I suspect that Bulbasaur and Squirtle will get the same treatment here.

I only care about the starters, Butterfree and Pidgeotto since they were his real team alongside Pikachu. By the way, Pidgeotto did show up briefly in the first movie, and I suspect that Bulbasaur and Squirtle will get the same treatment here.
That only leaves pidgeotto, making your 'no word on rest of the team' invalid, since the main members are definitely there.

No... I don't count screentime that is under a minute and I've been given zero reason to expect any better for Bulbasur or Squirtle.

No... I don't count screentime that is under a minute and I've been given zero reason to expect any better for Bulbasur or Squirtle.

And you've been given zero reason to expect any worse lol be pessimistic if you want, but don't treat bits of unconfirmed info as fact.

Wow. They continually focus on just Pikachu, Butterfree, Charizard, Lucario, Piplup and sometimes Luxray, and yet I'm supposed to ignore that just because of two obscure posters (one of them involving over a hundred Pokemon)? Okay.

Wow. They continually focus on just Pikachu, Butterfree, Charizard, Lucario, Piplup and sometimes Luxray, and yet I'm supposed to ignore that just because of two obscure posters (one of them involving over a hundred Pokemon)? Okay.

Charizard is always the money-making shot. He gained big prominence in the 3rd Movie posters, eclipsing the Johto Starters. Yet the Johto Starters were never absent from that movie. So why do you think the other two starters will not be on Ash's team? They are iconic as Charizard. And given that they remembered Ash's first Pokémon is Butterfree, I would say it is overly pessimistic to assume the Kanto trio won't be back. The only thing I'm curious is if this Ash will have a Gengar, breaking the traditional continuity and making us wonder what other differences does this Ash have.

Oh and on another note, Ash's Pidgeotto never appeared in the first movie. I checked Bulbapedia just to be sure.

You mean the trailer that we can't trust because of the obvious reasons? For all we know, Team Rocket isn't even gonna appear in this movie.

I swear if this was the case.....

And the fact that I can't entirely rule that out is terrifying!!

Ugliest female companion by far.

It amazes me that they gave Ash's companions for this movie such bland designs. :confused:

If you're not going to use Misty and Brock, at least give Ash new friends who DON'T look like generic extras...

It's especially awkward when you look at Cross and old man Bonji, who DO have more colorful, interesting designs! o_O

For all we know, Team Rocket isn't even gonna appear in this movie.

I'm starting to wonder if OLM has finally run out of you-know-whats to give about them...:cautious:
(Though the well way they're handled in SM feels otherwise)

Though NOT using Giovanni and the organization in a story that practically begs for it sure isn't going to help...

Last edited:
I'm really disappointed that the legendary beasts appear to be in this movie. I actually love the legendary beasts, but I was looking forward to Ho-Oh finally getting some focus. Adding Marshadow in was bad enough. I feel like this always happens: too much gets crammed into one movie and as a result, the writing, and therefore the pacing and plot, suffer.

I also think the female companion actually looks worse in that shot. She is so ridiculously bland. Kind of weird they didn't shoot for more detailed character designs for a movie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom