• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are we going to see Kalos in the Post-game?

Is it possible to revisit Kalos region in the Post-game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 44 86.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It really depends on what kindve game this is and how they promote it.

If there's alot of new Pokemon and new variants and they let everyone know post game and festival plaza are revamped it could outsell SM big-time.

If they don't tell us much about it they will sell well but maybe not as good as SM

Well, it has been shown that the beloved features do not do much in promoting sales. Emerald (with it's always-loved battle frontier) sold less than Ruby and Sapphire.

If there's alot of new Pokemon and new variants and they let everyone know post game and festival plaza are revamped it could outsell SM big-time.
By new Pokemon I assume you mean returning ones. Given that, none of what you mentioned would make up for USUM largely retreading SM. They'll sell well relative to a lot of games out there, but not by Pokemon standards.

Every single third version sold less than half of its predecessors. B2W2 managed to exceed that (around 8.5 relative to BW's 15.6), but not by much (54.4%). I don't think that USUM deserve to match B2W2, but we'll see.

Last edited:
The only connection between Kalos and Alola is I guess Zygarde and the Z in Z-crystals? :D

We already know there's no connection, and if there was, they would've hinted at it.

The "Z" from "Z-Move" stands for "zenryoku" (full power/force).

Nothing everything that starts with a Z has to do with Zygarde, and I'm honestly confused why people think that such a major mechanic like Z-Moves would have a chance at debuting in a "Pokemon Z" instead of a new generation.

SM sold really well because of the 20th anniversary and pokemon go hype.

Ultra could blow up if it has say 100 new pokemon/pokemon variants or some new really cool online features.

But if it's just a 3rd version sequel with a few new variants it could undersell really badly.

I mean I'm not interested in just another game and if the online is still just festival plaza with no post game it's a waste of money

SM sold really well because of the 20th anniversary and pokemon go hype.

Ultra could blow up if it has say 100 new pokemon/pokemon variants or some new really cool online features.

But if it's just a 3rd version sequel with a few new variants it could undersell really badly.

I mean I'm not interested in just another game and if the online is still just festival plaza with no post game it's a waste of money

Even if it is just another traditional third version games, the chances of having no post game are pretty low at best. Most of the third version games tend to be praised for having more post-storyline content, particularly Emerald and Platinum. I would hope that there's more to US/UM than just traditional third version games, but it isn't going to have the same post-storyline content as Sun/Moon.

I know the idea of new Pokemon sounds appealing, but considering that they're working on Switch games that are most likely the eighth generation, they aren't going to do that. I don't think that they'd include that many Alola forms either. I don't know if we can determine how well the games could sell just based on what we know now either.

If we were to get any new Pokémon mid-gen, I'd expect it to be around 20-30. 100 new Pokémon and forms? That's definitely not happening mid-gen, it'd be a new generation if anything.

Though the fact that past Directs were saved for new gens make me think there might be a few new species this time around, but I'd expect the new content in terms of the creatures themselves would mostly be new form differences - we already have three so far.

New pokemon forms I can definitely see happening.
New pokemon as in existing pokemon not previously found in Alola is also certainly going to happen.
New pokemon as in completely new pokemon is also possible but they would be legendaries/mythicals and not everyday critters like Toucannon.

Well, it has been shown that the beloved features do not do much in promoting sales. Emerald (with it's always-loved battle frontier) sold less than Ruby and Sapphire.

To be fair, those "beloved features" are the only reason Emerald, and others like it, sold at all. Considering, in this situation, that Ruby/Sapphire was a new generation with new Pokemon and a new region, it had way more going for it. High sales are expected. Emerald had very little besides a retuned game with a retuned story and stuff and the battle frontier. Selling half of the original games' sales it impressive when it's almost the exact same game. It's impressive for it to sell as much as it did. Using sales numbers to determine what features to keep is just lazy. Quality should be determined from core fans' feedback and response besides straight up numbers. Or, just using their brains to know some things are great to include.

The "Z" from "Z-Move" stands for "zenryoku" (full power/force).

I mean, the games never confirm, explain, or suggest this in any detailed or direct way. This is only speculation, as far as I know.

I mean, the games never confirm, explain, or suggest this in any detailed or direct way. This is only speculation, as far as I know.

It's used exclusively in Japanese-related media.

Aside from that, the interal data in the games refer to Z-Moves as ZenryokuWaza which means "full-powered move", so no, it's not speculation at all.

Yea but I don't see how this means that they can't give any further explanation to the lore on Z-moves.

And I thought the smiley I used made it clear enough that I was joking lol.

Yea but I don't see how this means that they can't give any further explanation to the lore on Z-moves.

And I thought the smiley I used made it clear enough that I was joking lol.
Exactly, the trailer in UltraSun/UltraMoon shows the trainer twisting his Z-crystal with flash of light (similar to Mega Evolution), maybe they'll unlock some lore of Z-crystal.

Kalos doesn't need to return as far as GF is concern. To them, kalos is complete. We can also rule out Kanto because it has been done to the point where some are fed up with it. I doubt we ever get a multi region game in future.

Designing Pokémon is not as easy as some seem to think.
@Kisu I don't see how the Hell they could come up with that mid-generation.

I never said they "would" I said something like that would sell games, particularly a 3rd version game most ppl have no incentive to buy.

I'm someone who didn't like SM so to buy these third versions there would have to be some good incentive

Kalos doesn't need to return as far as GF is concern. To them, kalos is complete. We can also rule out Kanto because it has been done to the point where some are fed up with it. I doubt we ever get a multi region game in future.
Kanto's Pokémon has been done to death. The region itself has been mostly forgotten.

interesting would be to see if we get a posibility of getting past generation starters in this game?

We got the Johto and Unova starters in Sun and Moon via island scan, so it'd not be surprising.
With QR codes, Island Scans, I don't think so. I rather obtain the Johto Starters and Unova Starters by professor Kukui and a Past Professor, or get them by Pokebank.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom