• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

-You'll have to battle Aether grunts/admins to collect Zygarde Cells and Cores.
-Island Guardians will be required to catch through main story. You will have to defeat Aether Admins in five islands with Ultra Beasts
-Zygarde vs Guzzlord, Solgaleo/Lunala vs Necrozma, Ultra Beasts vs Island Guardians cutscenes
*Melemele - Faba/Kartana
*Akala - Helga/Pheromosa
*Ulaula - Lest/Xurxitree
*Poni - Wicke/Buzzwole
*Aether Foundation - Aris/Celesteela
So we need to have Zygarde and the guardians, and yet their battles will be cutscenes? All that tedium for what, exactly? Not to mention that the Celesteela battle would be the odd one out without a legendary/guardian, while the Guzzlord battle would take place somewhere random?

-There will be a smaller Battle Frontier similar to the BF of Platinum. New characters.
-Battle Cave added alongside Battle Tree, gets more returning characters
Pick one - I don't see both happening. To make matters worse:

I don't have a complete details about it but it's a resort with Battle Palace, Battle Hall and Battle Park, similar to Platinum's Battle Frontier and Battle Royale added in it.
Battle Palace of all things? And finally:

No other post-game legendaries aside from the Johto legendaries.
Why just the legendaries that happen to be available via the GS re-release?

The two things that stick out to me are the burglar Delibird that @canisaries pointed out, and the "Alolan Aipom" being a gift from Pokémon Bank.

I don't believe that it'd be a random Aipom. That just seems off to me - I'd believe it if it was HA starters, a Mythical's Z-Crystal, or whatever else that'd be more special.

Every leak except maybe March 28 and June 6 is shit, lol

These people aren't even trying

Someone from twitter stated they'll be some USUM news on July 6th

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/PhillyBeatzU/status/876872433155932160?p=v

I highly doubt it, I would rather hear it from serebii instead of the fans prediction/speculation.

This is more likely than those /vp/ leaks though. For one thing, PhillyBeatzU was one of the dataminers who helped datamine SM's demo, so he has a name for himself in the fandom, he's not any old random fan like you or I. Also, if you read his twitter, he mentions that his reasoning is that Japan Expo is that day, and that's where Salandit was revealed last year.

That's not to say that there will be news on that day, but it's more likely than say, today.

>So Necrozma fuses with Solgaleo/Lunala?
Yes, and they're not the only ones he can fuse with.

This sounds fake to me. The most we'll get is maybe a Lycanroc form which evolves in Necrozma's influence.

EDIT:

Hau is a Trial leader
Didn't the leaker say that trials didn't exist?

The turning from the trailer has to do with this. Necrozmium-Z can be used to transform Solgaleo, Lunala and some other legendaries into the Necrozma fusions.

Either that's fake, or GF is finally going out of their way to get Ho-oh and Lugia new forms (ho-oh is the only legend I think has thematic similarities with Necrozma).
I'm leaning towards the former. This is another fake leak. This is solidified by the fact that the leaker keeps making 'corrections' and keeps 'looking at the wrong notes'.

The two recent 'leaks' are added to the OP.

Didn't the leaker say that trials didn't exist?
tbf the leaker says that Grand Trials do still exist:
There are still grand trials. Hala insists on keeping them alive, however, Hau runs the Iki Town trial now.

But yeah I agree this is probably fake, especially Aipom not evolving would be extremely weird. And Alolan Ledian being Bug/Fighting seems kinda pointless as it already learns a few Fighting-type moves, so what would really be the point of that. I would so dig having Morty and Eusine in the Battle Tree though :cry:

But yeah I agree this is probably fake, especially Aipom not evolving would be extremely weird. And Alolan Ledian being Bug/Fighting seems kinda pointless as it already learns a few Fighting-type moves, so what would really be the point of that. I would so dig having Morty and Eusine in the Battle Tree though :cry:

I woudn't call adding STAB to a type a pokemon that is associated with pointless. The actually pointlessness likes in making a very similar regional variant to the pokemon.

As for the point of giving the Fighting-type to Ledian, as you said your self it does learn some fighting moves, so giving them STAB would allow Ledian to more easily challenge Pokemon like Steel, Rock and Ice types (The latter two of which having a massive advantage due to type match-ups), as well as stand out from other early game bugs which tend to have Flying or Poison as a subtype. It would still be too similar for a regional variant but it is far from pointless as a buff in general, (Particularly a Mega Evolution) unless the only fighting moves the pokemon have are Punches and Iron Fist's boost is comparable to Steelworker's.

I woudn't call adding STAB to a type a pokemon that is associated with pointless. The actually pointlessness likes in making a very similar regional variant to the pokemon.

As for the point of giving the Fighting-type to Ledian, as you said your self it does learn some fighting moves, so giving them STAB would allow Ledian to more easily challenge Pokemon like Steel, Rock and Ice types (The latter two of which having a massive advantage due to type match-ups), as well as stand out from other early game bugs which tend to have Flying or Poison as a subtype. It would still be too similar for a regional variant but it is far from pointless as a buff in general, (Particularly a Mega Evolution) unless the only fighting moves the pokemon have are Punches and Iron Fist's boost is comparable to Steelworker's.

Yeah I mostly just meant that it's way too similar, so why make an Alolan variant of it if the only difference is it getting a type of which it already learns moves, that doesn't make much of a 'variant'. It would really be sad if in Alola there lives a type of Ledian that isn't much different, except better :p

Now that i think about it...

if that leak is true...that guy if i remember said NO lance in the battle cave...BUT,he said that the champion is a mysterious guy,a RETURNING character...

Kukui the champion talked about Lance before the league so...What about if this returning champ is lance?

Afterall...He never had just one region for himself like the others if we think about it,so...

But what does datamining have to do with pre-release information? I doubt we're getting a demo this soon, after all.

His only reasoning is "Last year at Japan Expo they revealed Salandit. They will have the premiere of the new Pokémon movie and most likely new information on game."

But what does datamining have to do with pre-release information? I doubt we're getting a demo this soon, after all.
If he could datamine the game, he probably has the technique to hack certain websites to obtain information.

Back
Top Bottom