• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you like that no one else does!

Crabominable is a good one. I really like the goofy yeti crab, but everywhere I go I see nothing but endless hate for it. It seems to be hated even more than Diggersby (another Pokemon I like).

To be honest, I actually like Trubbish and Garbador!

Trubbish is cute! I'd say Trubbish has one of my favourite designs on a first stage mon. It's so simple but so good. Garbodor is cool too and the hate for it is really overblown.

My favorite Pokemon that people usually forget is Ledian and Lebya. The reason I know about them was because, it was one of the first Pokemon I caught in Gale Of XD. (First Pokemon game I actually played start to finish).

Also, I really don't understand the hate on Mega Salamence. Just look at it's capability in battle! Intimidate first to lower the opponent's attack, then upon going Mega it's normal-type moves become STAB Flying-type moves! In fact, due to this, it was banished to live with the gods in the Ubers tier!

Every pokemon based on objects or tsukomogami or things like that. Generally those are what most people tend to dislike for some reason.

I like Chimecho. It's not as much disliked as it is forgotten, the only times people mention it is for how its stats suck.

Also Klink and Klinklang, which a lot of people disliked about as much as Garbodor. Clockwork as a pokémon concept is really good and I almost wish it got a mega evolution that went beyond with it, making it all elaborate.
The issue I feel is that it could have been a two-stage. Sorry, Klang.

Also Klink and Klinklang, which a lot of people disliked about as much as Garbodor. Clockwork as a pokémon concept is really good and I almost wish it got a mega evolution that went beyond with it, making it all elaborate.
The issue I feel is that it could have been a two-stage. Sorry, Klang.
I actually tend to agree with most of this sentiment. As a mechanical engineer, I love gears and clockwork. I do feel like, for a third evolution, Klinklang's design is far too simple. There could have been a wealth of possibilities for them to use, and I had hoped they might expand on it when Mega Evolutions were being doled out, but, alas, seems as though it was not meant to be...
Over all, I do still like the Klink family, even if I wish they had designed the later stages a little more complexly. Sometimes, a simple design works best, but not here.

Amen about Carnivine. It's one of my favorite Pokemon ever.

Alolan Persian. As a self-proclaimed "crazy cat lady", I think that a design based on a British shorthair is just too cute! Also, it makes sense to me to base Alolan Persian on a cat breed that's frequently inbred, as it lives on an island environment, where the gene pool for cats would not be likely to branch out.

Plus, making the regional variants for Meowth and Persian Dark types really suits their personalities very well. My former cat would have definitely been a Dark type if she had been a Pokemon! (She wasn't a British shorthair but oh man she was spoiled beyond belief!)

Hmm. surskit, he's really weak, and not that great, but his movepool is extremely great, as well as hard hitting. Even if he is weak, his design does cheer me up.

Same here. I'm a big fan of Surskit. I just wish they'd give it a branching evolution with the new one staying a Water type.

I'm somewhat a fan of Fearow, though it seems as though most people find it boring. Camerupt was also mentioned, and I've been a fan of it since Sapphire.

Last edited:
I hardly see Chatot mentioned anywhere, so I might as well see him here. I love Lucario the most, but Chatot holds a special place in my heart for being the only bird Pokemon that can be compared to parrots, which I like because I have some relatives of theirs, parakeets!

Pineco, it's simple but cute, and I like it a lot.
Lotad, Combee, Chingling, Venipede, Palpitoad, Elgyem, Floette: Not exactly unpopular but people don't talk much about them, they are in my top 10 favorites in their respective regions.

Koffing and Shiftry.

They just appeal to me. Shiftry mainly because it is a tengu and I love me some tengu. Koffing I don't know why, but I just like it. Maybe I just have a soft spot for the unpopular 'mons that nobody likes. I've even raised a Shiftry a couple times before, though Koffing/Weezing not so much.

• To quote Bogleech: "TRUBBISH AND GARBODOR AND TRUBBISH AND GARBODOR AND TRUBBISH" because dammit, I love those things. They're adorable.
  • I'm also fond of Crabombinable because I love goofy Pokemon and Pokemon based on cool yet obscure animals.
  • Buzzwole is pretty divisive, but it's easily my favorite UB because its constant flexing makes it hilarious to watch.
  • Incineroar gets a lot of flak, but I love the heel-wrestling tiger because of how much personality his animations and design have, even though I like Decidueye and Primarina more. He's probably my favorite Fire-type starter, although being a Dark-type helps in that regard.
  • Finally, I'm also pretty fond of Sandygast and Palossand, because they look goofy, but are actually pretty damn terrifying.

The Croagunk and Stunky lines are awesome. The Poison type is my favorite, and the animals they are based on really should have become Pokemon sooner!
I've never seen any hatred for Croagunk, honestly. It probably would be more hated if it weren't for the sheer brilliance of Brock's Croagunk. It influenced Pokkén's Croagunk, even!

Last edited:
Torterra: For the same reasons CynthiaLover stated on Page 1, plus he's my favorite starter as you can probably tell from my avatar.

Gigalith:
Infinitely cooler looking than Golem IMO, one of the few Pokémon that can still Explode effectively, got access to Sand Stream in SM...yet he's still stuck in RU at best thanks to a continued perceived inferiority to Tyranitar and the like.

Klinklang line: I like its design a whole lot better than the Magnezone line, and their Japanese names are absolutely hilarious IMO (Gear, Gigear, Gigigear). And it has not one but TWO signature moves. Sadly, an otherwise extremely limited movepool seals its fate...

Kommo-o: A lot of people really seem to hate his looks with all those scales and all, and his movepool could certainly be better, but design-wise I would say he's actually my favorite pseudo Legendary. I like his unique typing, access to Soundproof, and being based on a shaolin monk with a rattling staff. If only he could learn Close Combat...

Alolan Sandslash: I liked Alolan Ninetales better at first too, but I have Moon, and Alolan Sandslash definitely grew on me once I actually used him in the storyline. In addition to Slush Rush & Rapid Spin, he's got some other neat tricks up his sleeve - for instance I've caught some people off guard with Focus Sash + Metal Burst.

I'll post more as I think of them...

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom