• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Maybe they will reveal the lunar one in the trailer,and we will see this one,later in the anime?

Now that i think about it,this is a bit strange,just solar eclipse

Maybe they will reveal the lunar one in the trailer,and we will see this one,later in the anime?

Now that i think about it,this is a bit strange,just solar eclipse

That's because the guy google translated eclipse and had no clue that it's as specific as a solar one ..the thing is most likely fake since it's originating right after the info about merch/anime stuff came to be known, but the stuff about Rockruff getting a 3rd form is still a 50% chance since:
-Merch revealing a secret addition on August 10 which is apparently out of usual schedule
-Anime: showcased both Lycanroc forms twice now, it's odd for the anime to do that if Ash's Rockruff would evolve into one of them
-It was mentioned that Rockruff has characteristics of both wolf personalities, so nobody could really tell which one it'd evolve into
- Rockruff is showing signs of being close to evolving in the episode of Ash vs Olivia
-Rockruff is getting an episode dedicated to it and Tapu Lele after the episode with the battle with Olivia, airing August 10. It's possible that it will evolve during that ep, thus indicating that a new wolf form reveal could happen before that

...and also, well...Rockruff and Lycanroc are literally the "let's shove them down people's throats" pokemon of the generation so yeah... it's 50/50

and also, well...Rockruff and Lycanroc are literally the "let's shove them down people's throats" pokemon of the generation so yeah... it's 50/50

Lycanroc is more subtle in that aspect. Better than Lucario *shudder*. They're atleast not overplaying it as much as Lucario or Zoroark (which ended up being a Lucario-wannabe-but-not-quite-there).

I also like the breakdown of your post on the possiblity of any new Lycanroc forms. Hope it's not as bad as the midnight form (no offence to anyone who likes midnight, but I cannot digest the design. It's even more drastic than Torracat>Incineroar).

Lycanroc is more subtle in that aspect. Better than Lucario *shudder*. They're atleast not overplaying it as much as Lucario or Zoroark (which ended up being a Lucario-wannabe-but-not-quite-there).

I also like the breakdown of your post on the possiblity of any new Lycanroc forms. Hope it's not as bad as the midnight form (no offence to anyone who likes midnight, but I cannot digest the design. It's even more drastic than Torracat>Incineroar).
I think the keyword here is .."yet" ... I'm not sure but I think Greninja also didn't get that bad until it evolved...hope it doesn't happen though. If there's one thing the anime is good at, it's making me dislike pokemon I used to like by ruining them

But anyway, as somebody who likes both wolfies, rip. I do hope if there's a 3rd wolf, it would somehow not make the other 2 obsolete and that it would be a dualtype because I still can't digest how none of the current ones got a dualtype...

Misclick led me to post in the "...Confirmed" thread instead of this one lol:
Hope this new form (if exists) adopts elements of both forms. And I'm expecting to see a black theme with the new Lycanroc (like how Midday was brown, and Midniht was red) and some sort of unearthly element to the design to reflect Necrozma's influence and/or the Ultra Space influence.

I think the keyword here is .."yet" ... I'm not sure but I think Greninja also didn't get that bad until it evolved...hope it doesn't happen though. If there's one thing the anime is good at, it's making me dislike pokemon I used to like by ruining them

But anyway, as somebody who likes both wolfies, rip. I do hope if there's a 3rd wolf, it would somehow not make the other 2 obsolete and that it would be a dualtype because I still can't digest how none of the current ones got a dualtype...

they need to make the third wolf EVEN better than them,i wanted a badass werewolf instead of the two forms

they need to make the third wolf EVEN better than them,i wanted a badass werewolf instead of the two forms

Isn't Midday already a werewolf? I'd prefer if we got something different. Midnight was too 'tame' and 'domestic' looking (But still MAH FAVOURITE ROCK TYPE DOGGO *pats Lycanroc-Midday*) and Midnight is a bit to drastic and 'wild' for my taste.

Ideal would be a form which evolves in the influence of Ultra Space and Necrozma, and is quadruped, like a more wild Midday Lycanroc. A dual typing would work as well. Knowing GF, they'd probably give it a Rock/Psychic type.

EDIT: accidentally said that Midnight form was tame and wild at the same time, and accidentally patted a lethal rock werewolf instead of a tamer wolf.

Last edited:
Isn't Midnight already a werewolf?

Ideal would be a form which evolves in the influence of Ultra Space and Necrozma, and is quadruped, like a more wild Midday Lycanroc. A dual typing would work as well. Knowing GF, they'd probably give it a Rock/Psychic type.
It is a werewolf and it still baffles me why it's not rock/dark

I wouldn't want anything like an Ultra Lycanroc or such bs.. I'd just want a 3rd wolf with a dual type and stats that are actually good

also... rock/psychic..pleaseno

EDIT: I think we are derailing the poing of this thread again with speculation

Well,we should stop i guess-

But anyway,let's just wait august 10 for that,and some days later,coro coro leaks,and let's hope that coro coro will leak early this month :x

Well,we should stop i guess-

But anyway,let's just wait august 10 for that,and some days later,coro coro leaks,and let's hope that coro coro will leak early this month :x

I recall CoroCoro being released on the 12th of August, so we're definitely getting it early than all the other months.

I doubt they'll have the new form, if it is one, revealed by the toy line and/or anime, so we're likely hearing about it before the 10th

That's because the guy google translated eclipse and had no clue that it's as specific as a solar one ..the thing is most likely fake since it's originating right after the info about merch/anime stuff came to be known, but the stuff about Rockruff getting a 3rd form is still a 50% chance since:
-Merch revealing a secret addition on August 10 which is apparently out of usual schedule
-Anime: showcased both Lycanroc forms twice now, it's odd for the anime to do that if Ash's Rockruff would evolve into one of them
-It was mentioned that Rockruff has characteristics of both wolf personalities, so nobody could really tell which one it'd evolve into
- Rockruff is showing signs of being close to evolving in the episode of Ash vs Olivia
-Rockruff is getting an episode dedicated to it and Tapu Lele after the episode with the battle with Olivia, airing August 10. It's possible that it will evolve during that ep, thus indicating that a new wolf form reveal could happen before that

...and also, well...Rockruff and Lycanroc are literally the "let's shove them down people's throats" pokemon of the generation so yeah... it's 50/50
Also mention that in the PGL artwork dump there was a placeholder recalling another form for Lycanroc

View: https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/799420279697117184

/vp/ - The trailer will release August 2nd. So at the beg - Pokémon - 4chan New leak, it's probably fake like all, but here are reasons
1.Pokeshopper says August 3rd. Would they real reveal August 2nd, right before? If I had to predict, I'd say Pokeshopper is actually future Anime Evos(Dartrix and Torracat?), and August 10th is the only one that's a reveal, so I predict August 4th or so as date. It's possible the leaker agrees, but usually they try to match up with known info
2.Hau, Type: Null? Why? What's the point. If he replaced Gladion's role in the story, I might understand, but still rival, no. Also Pichu seems unlikely a starter. If he had like a Normal type, sure, but Electric is normal to Fire, strong to Water, and Resisted by Grass. Seems weird and wonky.
3.Lycanroc Eclipse seems incredibly unlikely. I'd say Lycanroc is very likely, but Eclipse seems a bit generic of a name. They both had mid, and I think Lycanroc Midevening would make more sense.
That's my 2 sense on this leak. I learned that the Ice Slugma one I showed on here spread like wild fire, even the Elite 4, a popular Pokemon podcast talked about it. It's kinda weird because I saw nothing on it before I uploaded it here.

Also Pichu seems unlikely a starter. If he had like a Normal type, sure, but Electric is normal to Fire, strong to Water, and Resisted by Grass. Seems weird and wonky.

Pikachu's status as a starter Pokémon before Pichu's debut is well eastablished. Since now Pichu's the first stage, it is not unearthly for a starter.

Moon cannon name? Proof?

Pikachu's status as a starter Pokémon before Pichu's debut is well eastablished. Since now Pichu's the first stage, it is not unearthly for a starter.

But he had Eevee, balancing it out. This would make Rowlet(Atleast once it evolves all the way) the objectively better choice, when it's supposed to be balanced so it's the same. If you pick grass, he pick water, if you pick fire he grass , if you pick water he pick fire, you always strong against

/vp/ - The trailer will release August 2nd. So at the beg - Pokémon - 4chan New leak, it's probably fake like all, but here are reasons
1.Pokeshopper says August 3rd. Would they real reveal August 2nd, right before? If I had to predict, I'd say Pokeshopper is actually future Anime Evos(Dartrix and Torracat?), and August 10th is the only one that's a reveal, so I predict August 4th or so as date. It's possible the leaker agrees, but usually they try to match up with known info
2.Hau, Type: Null? Why? What's the point. If he replaced Gladion's role in the story, I might understand, but still rival, no. Also Pichu seems unlikely a starter. If he had like a Normal type, sure, but Electric is normal to Fire, strong to Water, and Resisted by Grass. Seems weird and wonky.
3.Lycanroc Eclipse seems incredibly unlikely. I'd say Lycanroc is very likely, but Eclipse seems a bit generic of a name. They both had mid, and I think Lycanroc Midevening would make more sense.
That's my 2 sense on this leak. I learned that the Ice Slugma one I showed on here spread like wild fire, even the Elite 4, a popular Pokemon podcast talked about it. It's kinda weird because I saw nothing on it before I uploaded it here.

I'm calling it fake due to way too many pointless and unlikely things mentioned...e.g:

-First of all, new trailer not officially introducing the region and the protagonists properly? As if
- Hau and Type:Null? What's the point? What about Gladion? That's like..his whole theme and story. Smells like bs , especially given that the fake leaker says the story didn't change much
-Hau's starter is now Pichu. He later gets stater strong against yours? What's the point of that as well ?
-Gyms are back: As if they'd get rid of the new formula introduced for Alola..in Alola..At least wait a gen to seem believable. At best,they'd give us gimped gyms alongside trials if at all
- Alolan forms: People assuming that pokemon that seem as if they should have been a certain type will automatically be that type as an Alolan variant...Yeah, sure, it can happen, but it doesn't really mean it's likely. Can imagine an electric/ground wooper line moreso than a pure electric one. I call bs anyway
- Eclipse Lycanroc has been done to oblivion already, I really doubt if there's a third wolf, it'd be that. Twilight form is a more believable name as representing the part of the day that borders day and evening
-Rock/Fairy wolf of all types..yeah, no.. Does not fit nor seem likely. Diamonds representing rock/fairy types has also been done already

P.S. LAst I read, Pokeshopper said the reveal of the secret merch is August 10th..Did that change? Also, we will likely get some form of revelation before the 10th since this month's corocoro releases on the 12th, hence why leaks will start appearing around the 9th

Moon cannon name? Proof?

But he had Eevee, balancing it out. This would make Rowlet(Atleast once it evolves all the way) the objectively better choice, when it's supposed to be balanced so it's the same. If you pick grass, he pick water, if you pick fire he grass , if you pick water he pick fire, you always strong against
http://i.********/vp/1501390411037.jpg
here

Last edited by a moderator:
http://i.********/vp/1501390411037.jpg

here
okay, do you know what it translates too?
He just posted again about 1 thing from the next trailer, Totem Tamers: "
Kahunas are replaced with Totem Tamers, you fight a Totem sort of in reverse. You send out 2 Pokemon at a time like a Double Battle, and the Totem doesn't call for help. However, the Totem is much more powerful and can use a Z-Move. The first Totem is Snorlax, has Pulverizing Pancake. From the clip in the trailer I can tell Defense and Attack are Sharply raised (2 stages) and that's just the Melemele Totem."

Back
Top Bottom