• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Not that true, the totems are before to the new form (4), do it would be:
0 midday
1 midnight
2 midday totem
3 midnight totem
4 new form

Either that, or potentially:

0 midday
1 midnight
2 midday totem*
3 new form A
4 new form B

*no midnight totem

Both are possible, as far as I can see. Personally, I'd be fine either way.

Either that, or potentially:

0 midday
1 midnight
2 midday totem*
3 new form A
4 new form B

*no midnight totem

Both are possible, as far as I can see. Personally, I'd be fine either way.
Yes, won't deny this possibility. But that doesn't make sense in the question as why we only got one placeholder with a far away number instead of a nearest one.

Also this could be plausible if they're doing a split form based on the green flash appearing in dawn or dusk.

But that doesn't make sense in the question as why we only got one placeholder with a far away number instead of a nearest one.

Sorry, but could you explain this further? They aren't grouped together in a set? How are they organized, then?

Sorry, but could you explain this further? They aren't grouped together in a set? How are they organized, then?
Yes, formes are not grouped, but rather separated one by one. For example, in Raticate we have (as said @Tuoko):
Raticate 0 = regular Raticate
Raticate 1 = Alolan-Raticate
Raticate 2 = Totem Alolan-Raticate

I see no reason why Totem Midday couldn't be universal, leaving a space for another alternate form. Your assumption that Totem Lyc will differ between versions, taking two forms, just discounts the equally possible alternative of two spots being taken by new forms. You could be right, obviously. But until we have confirmation, I wouldn't write off either possibility.

Agreed.

Yeah, it's almost definitely fake. There's no hiragana superscript (I forget the proper name) above the kanji characters. The hiragana superscript above kanji is necessary for many kids to read it.
Exactly, it's called furigana.

Moreover, the left page says Keithmontalbo , a freelance artist on Twitter... despite Keith said the picture was not done by him.

So basically, someone took his name and wrote it in Japanese onto the left page.

It seems we were all wrong about the PGL placeholder images earlier. If there's going to be a new Lycanroc form, then there's only one new form.

The only Pokemon that are known to have PGL placeholder images are Raticate, Lycanroc, and Mimikyu.* Two out of three are Totem Pokemon, and it looks like Midday Lycanroc is going to be a Totem Pokemon in USUM.

* = Magearna has a placeholder image as well, but that's for its Original Color form. Marshadow's placeholder was only there because it wasn't officially revealed.

0 would be the base form while the numbers after are the other forms.
  • Raticate-0 is reg Raticate, Raticate-01 is Alolan, and Raticate-02 is Totem Alolan.
  • Lycanroc-0 is reg Midday, Lycanroc-01 is reg Midnight, Lycanroc-02 is new form?, Lycanroc-03 is Totem Midday?, and Lycanroc-04 is Totem Midnight?
  • Mimikyu-0 is reg Disguised, Mimikyu-01 is Busted, Mimikyu-02 is Totem Disguised, and Mimikyu-03 is Totem Busted.
Besides, if Midday Lycanroc is a Totem, then it makes sense that Midnight Lycanroc would be a Totem in Ultra Moon, so yeah, there'd only be one form if anything, not two.

I do question what that means for Olivia, though... Do Kahunas now have Totem Pokemon? Is she replaced with another Kahuna that is into a different type?

EDIT: Aside from all that, there's also the fact that Spiky-Eared Pichu has a menu sprite starting in SM. It's weird because Spiky-Eared Pichu isn't even in SM's data, and it never had a menu sprite in HGSS, so why did they suddenly make one? Are we going to see its return in USUM?

Here's the sprite: https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/31/172SMS.png

I think we don't know any of this for sure and at this point it's pure speculation.

- Is there a source that can with 100% certainty say that placeholders for Mimikyu/Raticate are for their totems?
- If not, then why don't other totems have a placeholder?
- I also don't know why only Form:4 would have a placeholder if there are 3 and 2 as well
- I also would not be so sure that the trailer footage is a totem Lycanroc. We still don't know that much, but even if it is. There is no reason to believe day and night will always be split between games. Like Olivia's Midnight and Kukui's midday, they can also be universal in both games
-For pichu, it's possible we might see it again in USM since there is still that VC gold and silver release coming along with USM. We already speculate that Johto might see more light like Kanto did in SM anyway, so maybe it will actually happen

All that said, I do think it's more likely we get only one form for Lycanroc, but the possibility exists still that it will be 2. If I think it's only one, it is because Ash's rockruff won't have to choose what to evolve into as opposed to if there would be 2 new forms, and I think that was the main point of his Rockruff not evolving into the old wolfies

20620840_511582109188504_4209349617863971573_n.jpg
This scan, looks fake, Pokémon Sun & Moon posted this not long ago saying it's not confirmed yet.

Thoughts ?

Scan is definitely fake if only for the fact Lillie is wearing way too much clothing for Alola

But other than that, it's confirmed fake by now via the text and everything else I presume (midgen eeveelution?lol)

Not to mention it is far too early for corocoro leaks

Anyways, I am late to the party..I can only cringe after reading everything Philly guy posted on his twitter... I had not known this guy until these tweets about leaks, but now I know he's just full of sh*t. What the heck is all that clickbait..not to mention he seriously made videos about obviously fake stuff like that picture and the fake genesect..come on. When you get called out by your fellow clickbaiter Verlisify, you know you have reached a new low.

Abandon ship I guess, let us wait for the closest possible information date instead, which is - this week's Pokenchi featuring Ohmori. As unlikely as it is, now that new Lycanroc form is very likely, we might see something about it after all

- Is there a source that can with 100% certainty say that placeholders for Mimikyu/Raticate are for their totems?
Actually, this is ingame's Raticate Totem, you can see the form is 2
LPhm9Dc.png

You can compare it to the other Raticate encounter in the first trial:
pQA8peF.png

- If not, then why don't other totems have a placeholder?
I don't know, maybe they forgot to take them off of the database or something, since you can't catch the totem, would not make sense at all even to have a placeholder for that in PGL.

- I also don't know why only Form:4 would have a placeholder if there are 3 and 2 as well
Because, if it's all according to the speculations, 2 and 3 are the totem version of midday and midnight forms. As I said, they could have forgotten to remove them from the database.

- I also would not be so sure that the trailer footage is a totem Lycanroc. We still don't know that much, but even if it is. There is no reason to believe day and night will always be split between games. Like Olivia's Midnight and Kukui's midday, they can also be universal in both games
What would be the point to have day/night forms if you dont promote them as they are?

I'm not going to reply to anyone because I don't know who to reply to so here are my generic responses to the things mentioned above,

The argument about no English text in art is very valid and now I'm starting to reconsider the leak as to wether or not its real, still though there is something odd about it

About the Coro Coro leak, according to patterns there won't be a new Eeveelution until Generation 8 because every odd Genration has a new Eeveelution (or two) so the leak is most likely fake

About the Lycanroc forms

I'm pretty sure it went like this according to some discussions from some time ago
0 - Lycanroc Day
1 - Lycanroc Day Shiny
2 - Lycanroc Night
3 - Lycanroc Night Shiny
4 - ???

Also it is possible they can add placeholders, right now the count doesn't ncissarily matter because Solgaleo and Lunala or Necrozma don't have placeholders and those new forms in US/UM will probably be on the PGL sometime
The reason the dream park picture is fake is simpler than english text..it is merely too misproportioned for it to be a real piece of artwork
-just look at how squished Sun looks, uneven, and his shoes don't match the shoes shown in the USM trailer (these are simply recolored versions of Sun's shoes in SunMoon, the USM shoes have a different pattern and have a bit of black on top)
-Shading on the pants is very questionable, even if we ignore that, his head is round and squashed, so are his legs
- Popplio's body is uneven and weird
-The little kids in the background have an Alolan Meowth that is far too small for its average size
-Furthermore, the kids have some very bad quality-drawn limbs (legs, namely)
-The english dream park sign is also rather unevenly made
-The breeder guy is giant compared to literally every human being in the picture
- This artwork and the primitive genesect are from the same artist I imagine, since they appeared together, yet separately, and the symbol on the sign is literally the genesect's head shape, hence, both are fake

Corocoro fake leak:

I assume you meant every even generation apart from gen1:
Gen 2- Espeon, Umbreon
Gen 4- Leafeon, Glaceon
Gen 6- Sylveon

Unless they break 2 patterns, namely new pokemon midgen, and eeveelutions in odd gens, then no, we are not getting a new eeveelution. Even if it would be an Alolan form, it lacks sense for Eevee to have Alolan variants, since the entire point of Eevee is that it mutates in order to adapt to different environments..

Other than the fake eeveelution, again, Corocoro doesn't start leaking for another 4-5 days, and the content in this page has been found to be gibberish

As for the PGL stuff, I guess it's best to leave it be for now, one thing is almost confirmed right now and that is that we will have at least one new Lycanroc (still not 100% confirmed, but it's gotten pretty likely).. I presume we will get something official about it before it gets revealed in the anime but it's also not unheard of for them to let a reveal come from the anime side (e.g. Zard X in origins)

I'm pretty sure it went like this according to some discussions from some time ago
0 - Lycanroc Day
1 - Lycanroc Day Shiny
2 - Lycanroc Night
3 - Lycanroc Night Shiny
4 - ???
The shininess does not take a form slot

I think I remember someone saying something about this sometime ago, maybe it was one of the hackers I'm not sure

Also Masauda said something along the lines of "Its Friday let's make today a wonderful day" or something like that, maybe something will happen later today? 10 AM EST like usuall video releases?
Why does everyone assume that means anything at all? Masuda has been spamming literally every other thing aside for USM ..mostly pokemon GO(mi) stuff and pikachu stuff. He has posted occasional countdowns for USM but that's about it I guess.

Also, take into account the timezone differences and that tweet already means nothing (unless they're gonna post trailers at 10pm + Japan time)

the first time i saw that lillie "leak" i knew that it was fake because...the art,deviantart is a good place for posting fan made design :p Lmao

I already saw that on DA so...But anywa,the only art that MAYBE i trust now,is the "jurassic park" one,i know that sun and the old man proportions are off,but...if the thing that they changed the artist for this game is true?:/

For now,UNTIL we will have real informations about that,MAYBE,i will believe to that(and no,im not doing it because philly made a video about that,also...He never said that the video that recorded was about "his leak" lmao,maybe the other one that recorded is about his leak),and...like philly new video...

Let's wait

the first time i saw that lillie "leak" i knew that it was fake because...the art,deviantart is a good place for posting fan made design :p Lmao

I already saw that on DA so...But anywa,the only art that MAYBE i trust now,is the "jurassic park" one,i know that sun and the old man proportions are off,but...if the thing that they changed the artist for this game is true?:/

For now,UNTIL we will have real informations about that,MAYBE,i will believe to that(and no,im not doing it because philly made a video about that,also...He never said that the video that recorded was about "his leak" lmao,maybe the other one that recorded is about his leak),and...like philly new video...

Let's wait
Phillyguy's leak was never real to begin with I'd say, he just got new fake leaks to make clickbaits out of...it got so bad that even someone as bad as Verlisify had to call him out on it.

I mean, you can go and believe that fake picture if you want to but, the fact remains that it has more inconsistencies than simply a few off proportions( the list is way longer than that). The person who drew that and the fake Genesect wanted to make his stuff believable by posting them separately on 4chan and making it look like one makes the other seem more credible since they share the Genesect head connection.

It takes a quick google search to see what SM artwork looked like, and hence, to conclude the park thing is fake and fanmade (do we also have to discuss the pic depicting preschoolers who should not even have pokemon of their own roam around a park full of fossil dinos?) Changing the artist won't change the artwork like that, it would change the style completely and no GF artist would be allowed to do official art with such glaring errors.

Just saying, this image being fake does by no means disprove the possibility of that park really existing in USUM, since the SM breeder spoke of wanting to build one. I also want that to be real and true, but to believe that it's real due to this image looking close to official art style is gonna leave you more disappointed than hoping for the possibility based on the SM dialogue I'd say.

Fact of the matter is that SM left many possibilities halfdone or unfinished, and all of them could be fulfilled in USUM, that's why it's easy for fake leakers to ride on "easy predictions". Even Lycanroc 3 is an easy prediction on the verge of becoming reality. Does that mean every fake leaker claiming it'd be real is a legit leaker? I don't think so. Would need some less predictable info to turn out real to believe any certain leak and so far, the best thing we have is the guy who somehow guessed that the games would be called Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon(which is also somewhat dubious since Ultra Space/Beasts are a thing).

Btw, this comment is by no means aimed at attacking you (just in case of misunderstandings), so don't take it in a negative way. Just saying why it's a bad idea to believe in these particular fake images

In all seriousness — if that Rockruff stuff is legit a new form we should be getting news soon.
I just can't see TPC letting the anime leak something from the game*.

*Let's ignore Kanto to Johto transition.

Which means we have to have it before the 10th. The 10th is the premiere date of the anime episode, as well as the toy reveal. We can probably bet on Monday or Tuesday, I think.

Which means we have to have it before the 10th. The 10th is the premiere date of the anime episode, as well as the toy reveal. We can probably bet on Monday or Tuesday, I think.
If that is the case, we should be getting an announcement for a trailer either today, tomorrow, or sunday.

Or monday if they really want to wait that much longer for some reason. I'm really hyped because they may reveal other stuff in this trailer (like more about the story, new alolan forms, etc.) that could prove "leaks" wrong, or give some more validity.

If that is the case, we should be getting an announcement for a trailer either today, tomorrow, or sunday.

Or monday if they really want to wait that much longer for some reason. I'm really hyped because they may reveal other stuff in this trailer (like more about the story, new alolan forms, etc.) that could prove "leaks" wrong, or give some more validity.
well,i guess that today it's impossible

View: https://twitter.com/pokejungle/status/893435052142362624

PokeJungle moaning about getting lots of messages about the Lillie leak.
I feel sorry for him.
It's like 4am in Japan now (where PokeJungle lives)

Anyway, I did a video explaining why it is fake:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiV4YqeWAUg

I implore you to do another debunk video for the fossil park fake because it's literally everywhere and people don't even stop to look at all the reasons why it's fake

Back
Top Bottom