• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokémon GO Mafia - Endgame - Raid's End - 22/8/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are currently 4 votes on @Sword Master. Any defense?

Actually, to be honest, it's quite difficult to defend yourself in this game where role claiming isn't allowed.

So Sword Master would you like to provide a reads list or atleast share your thoughts on whom you find suspicious. Do you think there's a case better than the one against you?

I also have a bad gut feeling about Mido. Something about the Elementar NK after their interactions in the night and her unnatural pressure on SM when I believe he's been playing logically and thoughtfully doesn't add up to me.

I have a bad gut feeling too... There's just something strange in Midorikawa's behavior this game but I can't pinpoint what. Maybe in how she expresses her reasoning? Do you have anything else? I don't like voting based on some gut feeling Day 2 but there's so little content...

Might be my inactive playstyle. I haven't been very active like normal clearly. Also doesn't help the games themselves don't have much so I'm not wallposting which Human I know is more used to.

I'll explain my case on swordmaster now.

Might be my inactive playstyle. I haven't been very active like normal clearly. Also doesn't help the games themselves don't have much so I'm not wallposting which Human I know is more used to.

I'll explain my case on swordmaster now.

Yeah, I'm awfully busy/trying to fixate on my life for personal improvement I just can't put in the same drive in for Mafia.

I forgot to answer something about my vote on Sword Master, but I voted him just for the reasoning I stated a line before placing the vote, they were too aggressive on jdthebud for something really not that scummy.

Vote: SoaringDylan
Always the first to vote, very scummy indeed.

Confirmed.

Vote: Johnny

Welcome to TWR!

Mido and HD's actions aren't really scummy, as they are attempting to generate discussion and this is one of their ways of doing so by creating reactions of people which is a very towny thing to do. It goes with their meta no matter what team they are in, making it hard to read them. I also think Midorikawa vote on Pika was to tie votes.

BorgyDudeMan looks like his usual self, bandwagoning for no reason and acting in a joking manner.
Most of the day phase is jokevotes as usual, Jsach and Blink's suspicion on HD's behavior can be put to them being newbies, and Jsach's paranoia reminds me of him in ME Vs WE mafia in which he was town so he earns some townie points in my book.
These posts were all fine. And I actually liked sowrdmasters second post save for the fact he thinks Jsach is new.
@HumanDawn That's a joke vote...but ok whatever floats your boat.

[Unvote] JohnnyEtz

[Vote] Jasch

I dislike his insinuation of Mido and HD being scumbuddies, it sounds to me like he's trying to get a town PP out of the game early.

The bolded part here is confusing, aren't you agreeing that Jsach's suspicions are weak by saying this?

And you are putting words in my mouth. I don't know it's a mislynch. Also, why not address my reasoning directly rather than skipping around it? What's your actual take on:

Cmon HD, that's a bit lazy, almost everyone joke votes. And Johnny is from my home forum PC so that's a standard welcome. :)

As for my vote on Jsach, see below.

I'm not sheeping. The reasoning I posted was my own, I didn't get it from Mido.

And Jsach not voting for either one looked to me like he's scum trying to start a wagon, but without actively starting it himself. It's a common scum strat.

I'm waiting to hear more from him before removing my vote, but I haven't seen much of anything else to vote for so far anyway. Reasoning is always thin at this point.
Ok, but the time for joke votes is already over. Read up and try again, please.
jd here not only explains his vote multiple times, but responds to posts against them answering clearly.

Unvote: SoaringDylan
I disagree with lynching Jsach, his actions scream out noob town, and I just don't see him as scum trying to take out pp, but more like noob paranoia.

I don't like JD's sudden change in vote when he was voted, it felt like an effort to try to lynch Jsach and save himself especially when HumanDawn was looking for your reaction and your reaction was really scummy. @jdthebud can you give a list of reads, I'd like to hear more from here before I decide if I want to vote you.

BorgyDudeMan please don't joke the whole game.
So right before the jsach votes, Caps had two votes and Pika had two votes. I switched mine to Jsach putting Caps in the lead. Then jd changed from his joke vote to a serious vote on jsach tying him with Caps. Right before his vote Human had also changed his vote to jd in a serious attempt. This was zero pressure on jd and zero pressure on jsach really because two votes was a tie at that time. He's also assuming jd's vote was in reaction to Human's, when there is no indication of that. jd hadn't appeared since his joke vote, and when he did he explained his joke vote and went into serious mode. Swordmaster here however makes it out to be a super jumpy thing when in reality it was a perfectly calm reaction. jd's reply to Human even proved he wasn't taking Human's vote seriously.
???? Not a joke vote? they were obviously joking around though...I hope you are just joking around here. If not, then I don't know what to do with you.

My "effort" wasn't to save myself, since I only had one vote on me at the time? This post has all kinds of strange reasoning. In what way was my reaction scummy as you posited?
Your post didn't sound like a joke to me, was that really the case? If you were joking, then why did you expect it to be a conversation starter?
This post of jds again responds to others and he even asks questions.
@jdthebud the votes were tied, you votes Jsach so he could be lynched, which is very scummy. Also please explain the 'strange reasoning' in my post or was it an attempt to dodge my question.
You still haven't given my your reads.
Vote: Jdthebud
Your response hasn't given me much hope that you are town, and you dodging questions with half baked responses doesn't help your case.
This is again wrong and making out jd to be something worse than he was. The votes were not tied until jd tied them because both human and I untied them. jd explained what was strange about the reasoning, and I too had responded to his strange reasoning, yet here he is saying jd was just dodging his questions when he didn't dodge anything. He responded to them. I also don't like the pushing for reads when it's day one and most of the thread has done nothing more than confirm or joke vote. No one has real reads on day one and honestly reads are player dependent. I myself don't do reads list because I just am not good at them. jd mentions this same case in one of his posts as well. There is also the accusation of half baked responses when he never did that. He merely gave straight to the point ones. There is not always a need for long responses.
Don't see how me voting someone when the # of votes is extremely low is scummy, especially that early in the day. And as I said I had already decided to vote him anyway before I saw Mido's post about it. I didn't vote him to save myself, but because I didn't like what he said.
I didn't give a reads list because I'm generally not that good at them and I don't feel that it will contribute much right now.
As for the strange reasoning, here's what you said:
You're implying here that my change in vote was because I was being voted, and that's not why I changed my vote. Not to mention my first vote was a joke vote anyway.
It's not that I am certain, but if it was a joke then it didn't come across that way to me.
FWIW here's what Jsach said:
The second part especially came across as a serious comment to me.
Technically this was after he was lynched because he got ninjad. But again we can see him explaining himself again.

I'm voting Swordmaster because he's not just not noticing stuff. He's straight out ignoring and twisting stuff, and paying no mind to anyone else who gives the same response as his target. I can't see any town motivation at all.

...Okay this I can get behind. That makes a lot more sense to me, thank you Mido. [VOTE]: Sword Master

@DarthWolf then I do agree with you on Jsach. However I am also wary of voting for him because last time I thought he was scum he played weirdly as well and ended up town. I think I will stick with the SM lynch because I think his flip can tell me more about Jsach's alignment, if SM flips scum I will be much more comfortable voting for Jsach next phase.

Now let me vote pplz for no reason lol jk
I have been seeing a lot of suspicion on whether or not Sword Master is scum or not. I'll try to find evidence for or against this claim by looking at the past posts he made

Hmm. This convinces me that he is not scum. But not quite. So for now...
FoS: Sword Master
This makes absolutely no sense. How does that post even read alignment indicative at all? Also why are you saying that he's not scum but then FoSing him? You FoS someone who you think could be suspicious but you're not sure if there's enough of a case to vote for them. That's why it's called "finger of suspicion." You don't FoS someone when you're "convinced" they aren't scum.

This makes absolutely no sense. How does that post even read alignment indicative at all? Also why are you saying that he's not scum but then FoSing him? You FoS someone who you think could be suspicious but you're not sure if there's enough of a case to vote for them. That's why it's called "finger of suspicion." You don't FoS someone when you're "convinced" they aren't scum.
It might be good to look into Borgey next phase. Especially if Sword flips scum because that post reeks of avoiding taking a side.

...Okay this I can get behind. That makes a lot more sense to me, thank you Mido. [VOTE]: Sword Master
I have to agree.

Vote: Sword Master

Wait this game has no role claiming ._. Zexy what are you doing to us! :(

On a more serious note, I'll try and give my reads and thoughts tomorrow (or the day after since I can't promise tomorrow, but I'll try) to give my thought on the situation.

Just woke up and read through Midori's explanation (thanks so much for posting that). I was on the fence about Sword Master earlier but I'm pretty convinced now. VOTE: Sword Master

I was hesitating to place a vote earlier because I thought maybe Sword Master had just missed how many votes were on each person. But I didn't notice that there were two different posts where he referenced the vote count wrong until Midori pointed it out. I think it's highly unlikely that someone would make such a big mistake like that twice in a row - it feels more like an attempt to twist the facts to get a mislynch.

@DarthWolf then I do agree with you on Jsach. However I am also wary of voting for him because last time I thought he was scum he played weirdly as well and ended up town. I think I will stick with the SM lynch because I think his flip can tell me more about Jsach's alignment, if SM flips scum I will be much more comfortable voting for Jsach next phase.
Can you remind me which game that was?
I would like an explanation on what you exactly mean. I'll follow your advice however, for now.

@Midorikawa thank you for that explanation, that's more than I asked for when I asked for the reason of voting SM.
I get it now though. Quoting those posts really helped out to see what's going on, especially now that we know that jd flipped town.

With both these things I will change my vote.

Unvote: Jsach
Vote: Sword Master

I won't deny that I'm probably up high on the list, but who do you think is the most likely to be bussing him rn? Personally I'd say either Johnny or Dylan.
If correct, we will hearmore about Dylan tomorrow. Not sure about Johnny as I've already mentioned him earlier with mido to ask for an explanation on why to vote SM.
@JohnnyEtz I would still like your thoughts on it even after what mido has said.

HYPER-MAJORITY has been achieved. Update coming within the next hour.

Can you remind me which game that was?
I would like an explanation on what you exactly mean. I'll follow your advice however, for now.

The last one I played in. Where he claimed cop. I was convinced that he was scum because he wouldn't tell us his targets, instead he just said "i missed the check" and "i checked <insert person killed the prior night here>, yet he still ended up cop, I think. So I'm not super inclined to vote him unless SM flips scum. Because he has a habit of playing rather scummy and yet still being town.

Well I'd have to look at the reasoning for joining and whatnot. Why those two?

Both seem to just slip on. Johnny votes for SM early without a reason when he voted Elementar (conf. town) D1. Dylan because IMO he's the scummiest vote of the people that joined the wagon after the explanation. Dylan slides on fairly similarly to me, but AFAIK he didn't really express discontent with the wagon nor confusion of any sort, really, like I did. Blink I'm fairly certain is town from his D1 speech, and he actually does have thoughts on his vote too that he expresses within his post. Darth as the hammer is only scummy IMO is SM flips town, because he voted for Jsach first who I think could possibly be partners with SM.

Night 2 start - The End of Tyranitar's Tyranny - 10/8/17

DAY 2 VOTE COUNT - FINAL

Sword Master VIII (Midorikawa, JohnnyEtz, HumanDawn, Jsach, TheCapsFan, SoaringDylan, Blink, DarthWolf)

Night 2: The End of Tyranitar's Tyranny

The Team managed to regroup and attempt Raid Tyranitar again. This time they did have to use some Stardust and Candy to power-up their best counters against it, as well as use a few TMs to optimize their moveset. This time, they managed to get it successfully within the time limit.

Dear Sword Master, you are Raid Tyranitar.
250px-248Tyranitar.png

Tyranitar is a large, bipedal, dinosaurian Pokémon with a green, armor-like hide covering its body. It has two pairs of pointed teeth: one in the upper jaw and one in the lower. Several spikes of varying size protrude from the back of its head, neck, and shoulders. Both sides of its chest, the center of its back, and its knees have two triangular holes. There is a gray, diamond-shaped patch of scales covering its belly, and a smaller one on its back. It has three claws on its feet and hands. A ring of spikes surrounds the tip of its tail.

Tyranitar is a powerful Pokémon with an insolent nature. It is extremely strong, and its thick, rocky hide gives it a good resistance to all forms of attack. Because of this, it is always looking for a battle and will not flinch at anything. If enraged, Tyranitar sets off outstanding earthquakes that can completely change the entire landscape, often forcing cartographers to draw up new maps. It lives in nests made from demolished mountains.

- Bulbapedia
You are the 1x Stone Edge User.

One night in the game, you may use the Rock-type Stone Edge attack. To do so, post STONE EDGE: <player> in this chat. If the player you are targetting is a Pokémon that is weak to the Rock-type, it will get eliminated. All legendary bird Pokémon (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Lugia) can be eliminated this way.

You are allied with Raid Pokémon and win when the Professor Willow's Team and any possible independent opposing forces are eliminated or this is inevitable.
Sword Master was lynched. He was Raid Tyranitar, Mafia 1x Stone Edge User

It is now Night 2. It will end in 24 hours (+ 40 minutes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom