• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Thoughts on Lycanroc Dusk

But what if it has its own signature attack that's rock but can still cause burns along the lines of scald?

Like find someway to weaponize looking directly at the sun during sunset. Have it cause a burn since blindness isn't a status ailment in pokemon. I don't know how that could be rock, but still. Maybe a mountain sunset or something.

The fact that it gets Tough Claws is awesome-a much, much better ability than any of the abilities that the current Lycanroc's have access to. Furthermore, it learning Accelerock is just icing on the cake. I think at this point, given its likely stat distribution (faster than Midnight but slower than Midday), it may outclass its Lycanroc brethren.

Hm? So that was actually a thing? Well, good for him. Maybe this game will hint more at what makes Rockruff so "special".

...Yeah, I can't keep my eyes from looking upwards either. Either way, good on him. THIS Lycanroc looks more battle ready, hopefully he learns EQ as a TM/Breeding.

Well its 2nd next gen or future Pokémon that Ash is getting prior its official release after Ash Greninja.
And my thinking says that there will be another Lycanroc , probably Dawn form which will be released later on.

I suggest Rock/Fairy, considering fairies are particularly active at dawn and dusk. (y):D

The Fairy type doesn't really suit Lycanroc.

Well its 2nd next gen or future Pokémon that Ash is getting prior its official release after Ash Greninja.
And my thinking says that there will be another Lycanroc , probably Dawn form which will be released later on.

I suspect there will be a Dawn-form Lycanroc as well.

Rock/Dark was perfect for Midnight. As Midnight is pure rock, it'd be an insult to it to give the typing to much less 'evil/dark' Dusk form.

My Prediction would be a Rock/Fire type

Late to the party, but -

Very disappointed.
-I am not the biggest fan of orange, but I recognize it fits the sunset concept.
-Despite the fact it makes sense that sunset is just day transitioning into night, I don't like what they did with the design
-Would even let the paintjob slide if they had given it some more features of midnight wolf- e.g. floppy ears/tail/rock ribcage

-From what we know of corocoro, it makes daywolf completely obsolete, what with tough claws and accelrock and all. I don't like that either, because then what was the point of midday's existence ?
-Granted, we don't know its stat distribution, neither its type, but I won't be expecting miracles anymore, nor do I think it's going to be worse than midday stat-wise
-I don't even wanna comment on midnight wolf because it just gets the short end of the stick, not even having accelrock. I'll hold out hope that they give it unique tutor moves or..something at all.
-As for its typing, something tells me it's staying pure rock because we can't have nice things, but if it isn't, then it looks like rock/fire or rock/fighting to me. I'd rather it be rock/fighting tbh..

-Side note, I wish there would be a dawnwolf that takes after midnight as much as carrotwolf takes after midday

will a rock type with Fur Coat be posibble?

-let it learn flame charge.

Lycanrocs should be able to learn baby doll eyes, play rough, iron tail and more moves then they did in SM.

I think its fun, hoped for a red , white or yellow wolf but we have foxes and others...

Its very good hope for hp, speed , defence and sp.defence, if it got Tough claws then it may get less attack?

Last edited:
Well, given the confirmation that Dusk-roc is event exclusive, I'd have to say my thoughts are that maybe Gamefreak didn't really want to create it in the first place, but the anime wanted another special snowflake like Ash-Greninja so they pulled a lazy design out and went "Here you go." because they had more important things to do than make more absurdly special pokemon for perpetual child trainer Ash Ketchum.

It kinda explains why the model is so barely altered from Midday-roc.

Well, given the confirmation that Dusk-roc is event exclusive, I'd have to say my thoughts are that maybe Gamefreak didn't really want to create it in the first place, but the anime wanted another special snowflake like Ash-Greninja so they pulled a lazy design out and went "Here you go." because they had more important things to do than make more absurdly special pokemon for perpetual child trainer Ash Ketchum.

How is it confirmed that it's event exclusive?

Honestly, you might be right... The anime creators created Ash Greninja on their own, if I remember correctly. They could've done the same for Dusk Lycanroc, which would explain a lot. God dammit.

I really need to know will their be dawn evolution form for ultra moon version to be two legged

Dusk is more for the ultra sun version for four legged

As far as we know right now, Dusk will be distributed to both games as an event exclusive pokemon and there will be no Dawn form.

Even if it's GF I doubt they wanna burn that many bridges, right?

Good ol' GF, building up morale and then dropping a colony on it with each reveal since the days of the XY wait.

*Ahem* As of the present stream of information and the reveal of its sole type, I must upgrade my opinion to "Man, (explicit) that guy!" until news about movesets, TMs & nickname status are shown.

This being an event exclusive pokemon just makes USUM all the more... lamer? This pokemon is supposed to be an incentive to buy USUM...?

This being an event exclusive pokemon just makes USUM all the more... lamer? This pokemon is supposed to be an incentive to buy USUM...?

I definitely agree that they could have been a lot more realistic with the design. And if it's an event-exclusive Pokémon, it probably won't be distributed to everyone.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom