• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM038: Mimikkyu's Disguise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm slightly worried they may not show Mimikyu's true form because of how they make it up to be. If it actually has a scary appearance, kids watching the episode could be terrified, leading to the episode (or the unveiling scene) to be censored in many areas.
I just had an image in my head of Mimikyu's form at first looking really cute but then if it or Jessie get in danger, it gets scary but you only see the reactions of it which actually would make it even scarier because you don't see it, you can only imagine what it looks like and then when they finally show it, it's more Disney level scary, intimidating but not Felidae or Princess Mononoke level intense as people built up in their minds.

Last edited:
Wow, now I'm TOTALLY excited for this ep! It looks better than I expected! And omg, finally we get to see Rockets (Musashi in this case) doing some everyday stuff! I'm totally fangirling over Musashi in that pink dress <3 And her trying to find the right disguise for Mimikkyu is so cute :D Perfect bonding time!

Rockets doing everyday stuff should become more of a norm now in Alola since we have so many filler eps and Rockets don't interact with twerps much anymore. I want to see them having fun and enjoying Alola! II'd be more than fine seeing them doing just cute things for like a one-minute scene in every ep that they don't do any TR activity. This way they could be in every ep... just saying!

Is it too much? *puppy eyes*

Here's a new image of the episode.

img_170810_04.jpg
Haha, so I guess that Musashi will see Mimikkyu's true form... I wonder if she gets affected by it? Now I hope she doesn't for some reason, be it because she's seen enough bad stuff in her life or because Mimikkyu's curse doesn't affect its trainer or something.

Rockets doing everyday stuff should become more of a norm now in Alola since we have so many filler eps and Rockets don't interact with twerps much anymore. I want to see them having fun and enjoying Alola! II'd be more than fine seeing them doing just cute things for like a one-minute scene in every ep that they don't do any TR activity. This way they could be in every ep
Huh? I didn't realize how little they interacted with the twerps this generation until you pointed it out. I'd like to see them having fun and being happy too. My favorite moment in Hoenn was one part where Musashi was dancing with Muchul and all three of them were really happy.

Last edited:
what if they introduce mimykyus new form like they did with lycanroc dusk form?

There is some info about it beeeing a dark/ghost sweaper after disquise effect wears of.

I think that's what they are planning on doing. Hopefully it doesn't get spoiled by the internet right before the episode aired like Dusk Lycanroc was for me.
hope too but there is no coro coro early, that means this form will be in the next coro coro.

"I desperately need a waz!" I said at 11.25am GMT on Thursday and promptly escaped to the toilet just to watch the trailer for this episode on my phone, and oh man was it worth wrecking my concentration for the rest of the day to see it!

Initial feelings:
- Musashi's pink dress puts me in the mind of a similar dress she wore during the DP summer school arc, aww <3
- From this trailer alone, looks like Mimikyu will get some proper character exposition, hooray!
- I can't watch Kojiro calling out with that anxious expression on his face without my own tummy turning.
- Apparently Yamikarasu are to Musashi and Mimikyu what onisuzume were to Satoshi and Pikachu?! :LOL:

I can't watch Kojiro calling out with that anxious expression on his face without my own tummy turning.
That caught my attention as well.
- From this trailer alone, looks like Mimikyu will get some proper character exposition, hooray!
Hooray! Do you think Mimikyu's backstory will be done by flashback or exposition or not quite yet in an episode down the road?

Last edited:
Hmm, I wonder if we may have a moment similar to the first episode with the Spearow.

It also seems Mimikyu's disguise is fixed by the end. Maybe Mimikyu's Horror form won't be shown in this episode after all.

I'm going to have to figure out how I'm feeling on some of the other things shown. I'm kind of at a loss but in a good way.

Last edited:
Who's the AD for this episode again? I absolutely love some of the shots of Musashi.

*is sobbing hard*
Musashi said "I'll repair it for you, so just give it to me" <3

OMG this is arleady beautiful. I love it to the pieces <3 The animation looks sooo great! So many amazing shots! And Megumi Hayashibara is doing a magnificent job, as expected of her.

Who's the AD for this episode again? I absolutely love some of the shots of Musashi.
Tomoaki Kado. Other than this ep he did SM022 and this one.
EP184 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
He must really like Yamikarasu, lol.

Last edited:
That bubble-Pikachu trap reminded me of Monferno>Infernape episode, which also used bubbles to trap the protags...
It reminds me more of the one from the XY117.

490.jpg
Also, this pretty much confirms that Lycanroc will be using Continental Crush and this will be the second time that move has sent them blasting off and the second time it happened in Sun and Moon after Team Rocket stole Pikachu. I'm glad Lycanroc will be the one to blast them off, unless the shot is of Ash practising using the move.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this first time since arriving in Alola that Team Rocket have actually managed to snag Pikachu off Satoshi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom