• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Mimikyu, along with Togedemaru is also involved in this leak:/vp/ - At worlds they will reveal 2 knew Pokemon. First i - Pokémon - 4chan sounds fake but leaks are leaks
XD Given that Togedemaru is just another Pikachu clone, I don't know why anyone thinks that it'll get another form. I just can't see it changing at all. Also taking away its electric-type? Noooo no no.

XD Given that Togedemaru is just another Pikachu clone, I don't know why anyone thinks that it'll get another form. I just can't see it changing at all. Also taking away its electric-type? Noooo no no.
I think it's because trailer showed Lycanroc Mimikyu and Togedemaru, first 1 has new form, second has an obvious idea for it's form a lot of people want, so why not last one is the logic. But yeah if it happens Electric Type will stay. Also "Creepy Crawly form" is a name so dumb I don't think even Gamefreak would do it

Yeah, I can't really see it gaining a new form... Though on the chance that this form is a thing, it'd mean we'd finally have a Fire type Pikaclone. Now we'd just need a Grass type to complete the trio!

Also, "Creepy Crawly Form"? Their names aren't that bad, but I do question how a Pokemon wearing clothing makes it a form difference... Looking at Cosplay/Cap Pikachu.

What? The other Pokemon flinches after using a move? Is that even possible?
I don't think it is, no..what would be the point to flinch when you've already attacked? It is more believable to say the pokemon flinches on the next turn and allowing the mimikyu a free move for a turn

The whole tic-ing time bomb ability is way to overly complicated, plus as others have started a Pokémon cant flinch after the move has been used.
Like the ice slugma leak, people describe they're wishes as overly complicated abilities not realizing game freak never does things that complex.

I don't think it is, no..what would be the point to flinch when you've already attacked? It is more believable to say the pokemon flinches on the next turn and allowing the mimikyu a free move for a turn
But they didn't say that. The 'leaker' phrases as if the Pokemon flinches on the same turn, which is clearly impossible. This definitely puts a dent in this 'leak'.
Also, I'm not convinced that Togedemaru will lose its typing entirely

I declare this leak...
mavqhaw7kwcz.png

(This part was intended to be posted earlier but the double post rule...)
Isn't the eclipse viewable in the US only?

It would be right after Worlds, though...

But it's still a rare happening (isn't US getting it after 90 or so years?)

But they didn't say that. The 'leaker' phrases as if the Pokemon flinches on the same turn, which is clearly impossible. This definitely puts a dent in this 'leak'.
Also, I'm not convinced that Togedemaru will lose its typing entirely

I declare this leak...
mavqhaw7kwcz.png

(This part was intended to be posted earlier but the double post rule...)

But it's still a rare happening (isn't US getting it after 90 or so years?)
Yeah, I know, I'm just saying what they could have written to make their stuff more believable. (I think people aren't even trying anymore when writing fake leaks)
As for Togedemaru...no, never in my lifetime will I even think that a pikachu clone is gonna lose its electric typing, much less get a form that isn't a regional variant. I'm not sure what's with this obsession that everything has to get a form :x

Especially mimikyu, I don't even think I'd want it to have an unmasked form because it would look like a black blob of nothing. I'd want it to cosplay other pokemon and maybe change its typing accordingly?

yes if its ability works like 100% stench but in a scary way.

Flinching after moving in a turn is completely impossible currently, since the whole point of flinching is that the affected Pokemon is unable to move.

According to this leak, Pokemon A will use a move to activate Mimikyu's form change, AND will flinch in the same turn which is completely impossible.

Flinching after moving in a turn is completely impossible currently, since the whole point of flinching is that the affected Pokemon is unable to move.

According to this leak, Pokemon A will use a move to activate Mimikyu's form change, AND will flinch in the same turn which is completely impossible.

or after it attacks it sees its form and flinches for the next turn?
I dont know if it will work still like Disquise, but maybe its the same as blocking the move?

or after it attacks it sees its form and flinches for the next turn?
I dont know if it will work still like Disquise, but maybe its the same as blocking the move?

Flinching next turn is something that has never happened in the history of Pokemon, and its VERY very unlikely that Gamefreak will change such a mechanic for a single Pokemon.

My hypothesis is that this 'leaker' wanted to come up with a plausible effect and included flinching before giving it a second thought, and also without looking up he flinching mechanic properly.

And it brings up a huge can of worms. How does it make sense? Flinching is a temporary shock. I cannot see it persisting for the entire turn, and also, will Switching work? Mega Transformations?

Zygarde, Wishiwashi, maybe more complex needs to become by now after 7 generations.
How are Zygarde and wishiwashi's abilities complex? The form changes at x%. Thats literally it.
How would you type ice slugma or bomb togedemaru abilities in the ability box so it fits and is understandable?

Not that I think it's true, but if the new Mimikyu form thing was true, wouldn't it last only in battle like a Mega form?

It would make sense for Mimikyu look normal outside of battle, like in that screenshot. No way would they replace such a popular and marketable thing in the anime with the spider thing.

Back
Top Bottom