• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Background music of the show

I look at anime rips, soundtracks and BW game BGMs but can't find it anywhere. Do you remember other episodes it used?

Isn't it a remix of Handsome's theme from the games?

Last edited:
Isn't it a remix of Handsome's theme from the games?
Yeah, that is the one playing after the opening, but I think the one he is looking for is from before the opening and I don't think that sounds the same. Unless its a slowed down version of it, because Looker's theme sounds a bit more upbeat.

On the topic of BGM, does anyone know the name of the track that played when Ash's Pikachu battled Cameron's Lucario? It plays after their first Electro Ball and Aura Sphere collide. It also plays when Diantha's Gardevoir blasts away Team Rocket after battling Ash Greninja.

On the topic of BGM, does anyone know the name of the track that played when Ash's Pikachu battled Cameron's Lucario? It plays after their first Electro Ball and Aura Sphere collide. It also plays when Diantha's Gardevoir blasts away Team Rocket after battling Ash Greninja.
It's unreleased Reshiram movie music

Hi all, I was wondering what is the name of a song that plays in the background from the XY/XYZ anime. It plays in the first 10 seconds or so of "The first day of the rest of your life"(XYZ episode 45) but I know many versions of it has played throughout the Kalos saga. I've looked high and low to no avail, which confuses me since its such a common song throughout the series.

You're talking about the Japanese version, right? I'm pretty sure it's a remix of the Pokemon Center theme from X/Y that plays on your birthday, though it's different from the version that has played in other episodes in XY.

Unfortunately none of the XY tv series music has been officially released (as far as i'm aware) so your best luck is the game version or a sloppy audacity rip until it's officially released (which hopefully is soon!)

I don't think its exclusive to the Japanese version, its in the English dub as well and has been throughout the saga. At least in the english dub of the episode I mention, its the first song that plays, when the announcer is recapping the prior episode (where everyone watches the lighting of the Lumiose gym). I also know another version of it played in the last moments of the XYZ saga, last episode, as Ash ran back to his house in Pallet Town (in both English and Japanese versions if I'm correct).
Are the songs from the anime typically officially released? And how long has it taken in the past?

Last edited:
We must be thinking of different episodes then because in the Japanese version of this episode, the Pokemon Center theme plays while in the dub it's some generic synth stuff. And the final scene of XYZ where Ash returns home is silent in both versions.

Most tracks from the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh arcs were officially released years ago and I believe a few pieces from Best Wishes like Team Rocket's motto and the "World of Pokemon" tracks were released. I also think most movie music has been released too. However, there hasn't been a wide release of Unova, Kalos, or Alola music as of yet. My theory is the music from the first four generations was released around the end of Sinnoh because the producers knew they were going to stop using it regularly in the anime, but I have no proof for this.

As for how long it takes, I'm not really sure. I believe some Kanto tracks were released years before anything else, and the big release of Kanto-Sinnoh was the first time most of that music was officially released, but I'm not sure.

Dang you're right, I could've sworn the dub kept it silent.

But it's definitely not the Pokemon center piece playing.

Ok, so the song that plays at the 16:35 point is that a new take on a song from the first or second movie? I'm going crazy trying to figure it out where I heard it before I know I have!!!

@ZASchwarz I just merged your thread with this thread we have for general assistance with finding out where the BGM is from, hopefully someone will be able to answer your question.

Hi. I am wondering if anyone can help me either find or RIP the theme music whenever we see Team Flare? Example scenes where we hear the song are when Mable tells Lysandre that she has failed to get Z2, or later on, when Celosia sees Z1 (known to us as Squishy), and prepares to capture it. Other scenes that have the song are when we see Lysandre get contacted by Xerosic at the Pokémon League. I wonder if it is possible to RIP the song from a DVD, as it sounds catchy.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom