• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

you either. But it has the recovery.
My point wasn't "you didn't know this", and I'll fully admit I didn't know at the time, either. My point was the under the impression that Charizard didn't have recovery options, your response wasn't to accept the (admittedly imagined) difference, but to instead suggest a way for it to be similar.
wait and see till next generations.
And I suppose you're some GameFreak insider, then?
There are going to be new moves
Never said there wouldn't be.
and it rather should get something, lie Purrify
Back on distributing sig moves already?
Sooner or later.
Believe it or not, there's more ways to add in new content beyond expanding old Pokemon's movesets. GameFreak could go for the rest of the franchise while never giving Venusaur a Dragon-type move. It's been that way for the entire franchise thus far.

Its based on a toad and some kind of skin, buble, tongue move could be posibble.

There is no skin, bubble or tongue dragon move.

They didn't bother to give Venusaur a dragon move for 20 years so they OBVIOUSLY feel that it dosen't need one.EDIT: they had full opportunity to overhaul its moveset in XY (see: Blastoise's mega launcher moves) but they didn't feel that it should happen.

Last edited:
Its based on a toad and some kind of skin, buble, tongue move could be posibble.
If that's your basis, then...

Bulbapedia said:
Venusaur appears to be based primarily on some form of reptile, specifically the tuatara or any of the mammal-like reptiles known as Dicynodonts from the Permian period or the Kannemeyeria from the Triassic period.

Other than a lack of a tail, and with visible ears and no genuine metamorphosis stage (evolution aside), Venusaur does not have much in common with amphibians such as frogs and toads (which metamorphose from one definite creature into another as they mature as opposed to just growing into a larger adult version of itself the way that Venusaur does); instead, it more closely resembles reptiles such as lizards and tuataras.
There. I'm one for being really optimistic and hopeful but this has to stop somewhere. Venusaur can also be taught Synthesis and Outrage, there's no need for other ideas like Purify or "Dragon lick". I don't remember one instance where Venusaur has shown an elongated tongue either, it's not Lickilicky or Greninja.

Which reminds me... It wouldn't be totally ridiculous for Greninja to get Power Whip, right? There's already basis for it with said Lickilicky.

what about shelder and cloyster getting more rolling based moves?

Yes. Really, show me how cloyster can roll without all its spikes breaking. And before that I'd be highly interested in knowing how it'd turn into a ball in the first place.
rotation doesnt mean it needs to rotate one way, you know rapid spin and other moves could go not only head down but rotating from left to right.

rotation doesnt mean it needs to rotate one way, you know rapid spin and other moves could go not only head down but rotating from left to right.

091Cloyster.png

I'm not continuing this discussion till you tell me how such a Pokemon can move in a rolling motion plausibly. It literally has spikes everywhere.

then what about Shell Trap? or its only for Turtonator in future? how you think?

Chesnaught also got spikes... gyro ball should be posibble.
but smart strike is a nice addition.

it gets rapid spin people by breeding, then why not a other roller kind move?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom