• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Misty & Brock Confirmed for Pokemon Sun & Moon Anime

...Sorry, I just can't force myself to get excited. It smells vaguely like an attempt to cash in on the nostalgia of my age demographic *coughcharizardsbwreturncough*.
I'm not emotionally invested towards the first trio anyway.

I'm - shocked! Sun and Moon certainly knows how to throw in a curve-ball, the series that was acting so loose about its own continuity that people had theories about it being in another universe and now it does this!

Well, this will be interesting. I wonder why though the two have their original outfits on as opposed to the outfits we saw them wearing last (recognisability?) - still, it's quite nice to see them in the original outfits, so I don't mind.
I mean, this series at least has had some sort of overall continuity with the rest of the anime, unlike X and Y, and doesn't have Ash as an inexperienced trainer out of nowhere like Best Wishes! did. Ash seems to acknowledge most of the stuff he already knows like naming Pokémon he's seen in the past just by seeing them too (it's not super consistent, though).

Well, file that under "c" for curveball. This will certainly be interesting, especially the fact that Ash will be going to Kanto and not the other way around. I'm also glad that Misty and Brock are now Mega Evolution Trainers. I was just thinking about this the other day and also a few months ago, that every Trainer that followed Ash for a region or most of it, has a Pokemon with a Mega Evolution or a Pokemon that can evolve into one that has a Mega Evolution, with the only exception of Cilan. So I'm happy to be seeing a Mega Gyarados and a Mega Steelix under the ownerships of Misty and Brock respectively. Also, I hope to see Professor Oak, Delia, Gary and Ash's old Pokemon.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING! After all these years my favorites are coming back amd I still can't believe it. Their animation style hurts a little but still, is Misty and Brock. Misty and Brock. We grew up watching them. And now they have Megas which is awesome as well.
Can't wait for this episodes and I hope they show also some of their other Pokemon as well.
Cant explain my hype nowwww....

Am I the only person bothered by this description of Ash:
Satoshi:
Currently on an adventure with a dream of befriending every single Pokémon!!
They dropped his dream on being a Pokemon Master. Unless its been like this for the entirety of Sun and Moon... I guess Ash's journey is doomed forever.

Also, they had better bring back Gary. Seriously. I am going to be so disappointed if Gary doesn't appear. If Amourshipping is gonna be left hanging in the air, then might as well hope for good old Palletshipping to take its course :D

This was a neat surprise, in fact I'm willing to forgive the Kanto focus just because Misty and Brock are returning for an arc. ...Although I have to admit, giving them Mega Evolutions is a bit strange - it just feels tacked on without context. Hopefully their keystones will be explained once the episodes actually air.

Friends of the past? Only Misty and Brock or more friends?
Misty and Brock only.

Am I the only person bothered by this description of Ash:

They dropped his dream on being a Pokemon Master. Unless its been like this for the entirety of Sun and Moon... I guess Ash's journey is doomed forever.

Also, they had better bring back Gary. Seriously. I am going to be so disappointed if Gary doesn't appear. If Amourshipping is gonna be left hanging in the air, then might as well hope for good old Palletshipping to take its course :D
No they haven't. I'm pretty sure he mentioned in SM014 and he definitely also mentioned it in SM027. I've heard that description before I think, so it isn't new. He still wants to become a Pokemon Master though.

No they haven't. I'm pretty sure he mentioned in SM014 and he definitely also mentioned it in SM027. I've heard that description before I think, so it isn't new. He still wants to become a Pokemon Master though.

Pretty sure he mentioned in it during SM02 too.

Well Misty with a Mega Stone huh? Ashes of the Past and Reset Bloodlines were right.

This is pretty damn huge. It's no surprise that they're not great at bringing back old characters, people and Pokemon alike. Hell, Totodile and Bayleef haven't been in official battles since Johto, but this description promises Ash's old Pokemon appearing, and it's still fairly early into the series. I hope we get to see all of them. I miss the random ones like Corphish and Noctowl. In fact we haven't even seen how his Pokemon from as far back as Hoenn are doing at the lab. Is Sceptile chilling in the trees? Is Infernape scaring the whole lab on Blaze-tantrums? Is Oshawott causing mischief with Buizel? Misty haven't appeared in person since AG, over 10 years ago. I hope we get to see Psyduck again. We see Brock here and there in specials, but it's still really great to see him being reunited with Ash. I'm super excited to see him battling with Steelix. I hope we get to see their other Pokemon too. Geodude, Crobat, Forretress, Marshtomp, Politoad, Staryu. The only weird thing here is that they're in their original outfits. They seem a little out of place. Could've probably just given them the clothes from HGSS or something.
Not to mention that they're putting focus on Mega Evolution. That's pretty big as they've taken a backseat in Sun & Moon, game and anime alike. You'd think they'd just show up with an Alolan form or something, but no. They've got badass Mega Evolutions. I really hope this means Mega Evolution gets more recognition in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Mwah ha ha, we soooooooooooooo ain't in an alternate universe now that some characters are back now aren't we?

Exciting news, especially for the big Brockster. I missed you.

Also if any of Ash's old Pokémon do show up, I'm gonna drop on the deck and flop like a fish.
*Also I'd so love to see the S&M gang's reaction to that*

What caught my attention was the image with the Kanto Exeggutor and Alola One. If they are in Kanto, what is the Alolan Exeggcutor doing there? Maybe Samson Oak joined Ash to Kanto too and it belongs to him.

Misty and Brock returning, with Mega Gyarados and Brock with a Mega Steelix for more, are the best thing that happened to Sun and Moon series.

Last edited:
Ok but we want Serena tho?

Well ok what's interesting is (1) going to Kanto and (2) mega evolutions. sounds like hints for what's coming for USUM imo.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom