• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Misty & Brock Confirmed for Pokemon Sun & Moon Anime

Yeah, I think that's a weird change too. I mean, I get the artstyle is more simplistic, but putting less details (such as not drawing thick borders, or maybe the zipper on the pockets) is different than actually removing whole elements. And they did keep other details such as the pattern on Misty's shoes, too.

Probably this is because they aren't really relevant. Plain-looking shoes would be noticed way quicker than missing pockets and whatnot. So, if they could cut them to animate stuff better, then Wynaut?

I personally don't care much about them missing, since I'm more focused into their overall physical appearance than anything.

Do we not think its strange that they are in their original outfits (regardless of small differences) and not the ones they have been seen in (semi in Misty's case) frequently since then?

Do we not think its strange that they are in their original outfits (regardless of small differences) and not the ones they have been seen in (semi in Misty's case) frequently since then?

I don't. I think they're pretty solidly going for the nostalgia factor here. I actually think it looks fine since Misty's AG outfit was pretty ugly (in my opinion) and Brock's outfits don't really vary all that much (again, in my opinion.)

I did like Misty's outfit in some of the Pokémon Chronicles episodes but I'm not surprised they didn't use it.

I'd like to see their other Pokémon too, but I'm afraid that if I do I'm gonna set myself up for disappointment. There could be a scenario though were they just send out their Pokémon to say hi to everyone, like Dawn did when she returned in BW.

I'm already glad we get to see Mega Steelix and Mega Gyarados though.

Plain-looking shoes would be noticed way quicker than missing pockets and whatnot.
I'm sorry, but everything from the waist up is much, much more noticeable IMO. I hadn't really noticed until now the zigzag pattern on Misty's shoes, for example, but I sure remember Brock having a green vest with two pockets in each side. But I guess this sort of thing is pretty subjective, though.

I really don't like SM's art style, but Kasumi and Takeshi's new ones look more similar to the past selves than, let's say, Satoshi or Trio. While the former seems much younger and shorter (sorta have this feeling), the latter's got those weird faces and expressions (in my opinion okay? xD), the two looks kinda the same as before... A few differences here and there, but nothing so shocking.

I think the fact they excluded them from the
Movie probably played a part in why they are coming back now. And the first detailed preview was in March and so there was some time to gauge reaction to them not being in it. And the writers aren't stupid enough to believe people would be upset.

I personally wish they were in the movie since we'd see them on the big screen and animated normally.

No Azurill? :confused:o_O:cautious: Wasn't it like, the new Togepi for Misty!

I'm guessing it might've fully evolved into Azumarill.

That said, it would be nice to see their other Pokemon again, and hopefully everyone evolved with the exception of Croagunk, Psyduck, and Staryu.

I think the fact they excluded them from the
Movie probably played a part in why they are coming back now. And the first detailed preview was in March and so there was some time to gauge reaction to them not being in it. And the writers aren't stupid enough to believe people would be upset.

I personally wish they were in the movie since we'd see them on the big screen and animated normally.

I don't know about that. Given how long it takes for episodes for be animated, they probably had these two episodes at least in the planning stages by the time that trailer came out. I seriously doubt that they made the decision to bring them back for two episodes because of the fan backlash. I'm not sure if they pay attention to the online community that much regardless either. If anything, this could further explain why they aren't in the movie. Maybe they went with new characters in part because they already had the characters planned to return in the TV series.

While seeing them on the big screen sounds neat, I don't know how much screentime they could have gotten in the movie. The main focus was Ash and Pikachu starting off on their journey, so that would make it hard for Misty and Brock to stand out. They'll have less time in two episodes compared to a movie, but they could potentially have more focus on them than they could have had in the movie too simply because the main focus will hopefully be on their returns.

And here's something that just hit me: will they show as many of their Pokemon as they can, the most popular ones, or just Steelix & Gyrados? o_O

I'm very excited, and getting slightly pissed off by all the people who are still complaining about artstyle and what not... Just saying.

Anyways, the interesting bit is how they tie things up. A field trip to Kanto isn't really inspiring, but seems like the only regions they properly acknowledge are Alola and Kanto. A lot of people suspect Kanto's gonna reappear in US/UM too...

I suspect they'll not talk about his other travels, his other pokemon... But they'll be vague so that old fans aren't offended.
Though I still hope that they'll at least show us his pokemon, if only to promote the gen3 roster update for pokemon go.

Anyways, hope to see more Muk and Oak gags in the future.

My only wish is for Misty to say that she got her Gyaradosite from Kalos and Ash being like oh... I kissed a girl from Kalos. <3 And Brock can be like oh I found my Steelixite in Hoenn and Ash can be like OMG she went to Hoenn after our first kiss. <3 <3

Last edited:
Which of Ash's old Pokémon do you think we'll get to see? Doubt there'd be enough time for all of them and I'm sure that we'll get Charizard. I'm hoping we finally get some clarity on if Primeape is there after the BW opening. From there I hope to see Oshawott, Gible, Corphish, and Muk.

Also do you think maybe Ash will bring someone back to Alola with him? ;o
Edit: someone as in a Pokémon. I know Brock and Misty are staying in Kanto lol

Wow, it's impressive how so many people seem to believe SM will retcon Brock and Misty's characters, lives and goals. The continuity isn't that messed up, guys. I would worry a bit about Misty because she hasn't appeared for so long, but remember Brock has only been absent during XY. His last appearence was at the very end of the previous series, too.

I think it's fair to worry about anything from previous series being contaminated by what SM has done to the franchise. Their designs are already bad enough.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom