• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Emma / Essentia & The Looker Bureau Crew: Will A Third Version Or Sequel Expand On It

BlackButterfree

Pokémon Truth Tea Pourer
Reaction score
So after putting off the Looker events for months to have something to do later on, I breezed through it this afternoon. I gotta say, Emma and Mimi's story was more entertaining and captivating than watching Lysandre blather on about beauty or having Shauna stalk you wherever you go. Or watching Diantha literally just sit there and be pretty (and fashionably challenged).

I can only hope that if "Pokémon Z" is a sequel, that Emma's Bureau is revisited and we get to see how she's thrived in Looker's building with Xerosic's Pokémon. Also, the fact that Looker bequeaths (or gives away) his codename to the player could mean that this is Looker's last appearance or that the next time we see him, he'll be named something else.

Also, there are so many things left unsaid in the mini plot. Who were Emma's parents and what happened to them? Why was looker hunting Xerosic? How did his Croagunk die? What did he promise Malva in exchange for her help with Xerosic? Why was the AZ/Floette painting the one Emma decided to deface, out of all the ones present? Where is Looker going next?

And we already know Emma's the new head detective of the Bureau, with Calem/Serena being the new Looker, and the Lumiose Street Gang being the Bureau's staff. But I wonder what role the kids that Emma used to play with could have? Probably junior detectives roaming Lumiose for cases. And Mimi could evolve into a Meowstic and be Emma's main battling Pokémon.

There's just so much I love about this post-game plot. I'd really dislike it if it was removed from Gen 6.5... If the rumors are true and Pokémon Z, or W/V, or X2/Y2 or whatever the heck we get take place in a new region, I'd love for Looker to show up with Emma and Mimi searching for him (leaving the Lumiose Gang under the command of Serena/Calem) just so we can get more character development from that story. Also, what's the deal with her getting two different artworks as Essentia, yet not a single one as Emma?

I finally completed the Emma/Looker post game and I must say that I really really liked it! People complained about XY having a terrible post game? Well Emma > Shauna, Trevor and Tierno combined tbh so I hope we get to see more of her some day.

Wow! What a big bump! :O

Anyway, this was the only Looker mission I enjoyed. I haven't even touched the one in Sun and Moon much.

People complained about XY having a terrible post game?

Well, the problem is that a single, one-time-only post-game storyline consisting of six brief chapters only keeps someone occupied for so long. After that, what's left to do? There are no new areas to explore other than Kiloude, and there aren't really any other features to sink time into other than the Battle Maison, which is just the same as every other Battle Tower clone.

I myself may be an XY apologist who is happy to write the games a larger check since I'd rather reset my game and replay it instead of lingering around in the post-game, and thinks that features like Super Training and Amie make up for the lack of something like Contests since it probably required a comparable amount of focus and resources, but I can certainly understand why a lot of people didn't think it was enough. Admittedly, while it's not something that particularly bothers me, the lack of any post-game areas to explore, at least, does seem a little strange (even Alola had half of Poni Island left, small as that was).

Wow! What a big bump! :O

I searched for Emma cause I really liked her and wanted to talk about her >.<

Well, the problem is that a single, one-time-only post-game storyline consisting of six brief chapters only keeps someone occupied for so long. After that, what's left to do? There are no new areas to explore other than Kiloude, and there aren't really any other features to sink time into other than the Battle Maison, which is just the same as every other Battle Tower clone.

I myself may be an XY apologist who is happy to write the games a larger check since I'd rather reset my game and replay it instead of lingering around in the post-game, and thinks that features like Super Training and Amie make up for the lack of something like Contests since it probably required a comparable amount of focus and resources, but I can certainly understand why a lot of people didn't think it was enough. Admittedly, while it's not something that particularly bothers me, the lack of any post-game areas to explore, at least, does seem a little strange (even Alola had half of Poni Island left, small as that was).

You do have a point but well, I thought the whole Emma arc was so well written. I want more Emma!

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom