• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia ME Movies Mafia: Endgame: Winners are You! 15/9/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, let's pick up where we left.

Vote: Arata Kiyoshi Miku

Not entirely sure why the mafia chose to kill Midori. Maybe they're after power players hoping to tone discussion down. Which could mean there's scum hiding among the inactives.

Inactivity isn't indicative of alignment? If it was, mafia would be so easy to win for town as town could just lynch inactives and win.

I'm sorry I've hardly been active. I've had a hard time catching up with this thread due to rl responsibilities, but now that I've recently been more free of them, I'll read through and try to be useful.

Ask me any questions and I'l respond to them in the best of my abilities.

Inactivity isn't indicative of alignment? If it was, mafia would be so easy to win for town as town could just lynch inactives and win.

I'm sorry I've hardly been active. I've had a hard time catching up with this thread due to rl responsibilities, but now that I've recently been more free of them, I'll read through and try to be useful.

Ask me any questions and I'l respond to them in the best of my abilities.

No, activity isn't indicative of alignment. Not necessarily, at least. But there's no denying it's a legit tactic for mafia to hide, especially the more important mafia roles, so they won't be talked about early on in the game and have time to do their thing.
That said, I'm not focusing on you solely because of your inactivity.in fact, it's not my main reason for doing so. It's your sheepy behavior and your lack of effort in your few posts.

Here are questions for you, then.
>What can you say to convince me to remove my vote from you?
>Can you form a case on someone else?

No, activity isn't indicative of alignment. Not necessarily, at least. But there's no denying it's a legit tactic for mafia to hide, especially the more important mafia roles, so they won't be talked about early on in the game and have time to do their thing.
That said, I'm not focusing on you solely because of your inactivity.in fact, it's not my main reason for doing so. It's your sheepy behavior and your lack of effort in your few posts.

Alright, just reached home. I'll be doing the reading through and stating my reads.

1. Firstly, you accuse me of sheepy behavior, but if you recall the bandwagon on Zachie, I'm pretty sure most of everyone else had the same reasons to lynch him. I voted him because he was not only defending Zexy obviously, but he was also being evasive about the questions posed to him, and he didn't bother much to defend himself from it. Also, if I was more sheepy, I would have actively voted on both Zexy and Pika, but as it is, my sense of time has made me forgotten to vote for either. My lack of effort has been due to my rl stuff, but I don't think it's the basis of being scum though. I see that both Elementar and Cheff are also being inactive, but did you call them out for it? Both of them haven't actually provided noteworthy content, but you didn't bother to talk about it. It seems that you're pressuring me unjustly, possibly to try and get an easy lynch on someone who's not really good at defending himself. I don't think you're scum though, mainly because you started the lynch on Pika, but let's not forget that it could be scum bussing intensely to get town cred.

2. Main scumread is Megapod. I initially suspected Aussie Eevee to be scum due to his weird behavior, especially in D1 and D2, but his claim as vig is uncontested and that essentially holds him innocent, so I think Megapod is scum. Two important posts:

I agree with you here, Alex. We have spent major part of the day discussing Zexy's indep claim. My motive behind trying to find Zexy's character was to understand what kind of indep they are. Upon finding that, we could then move on to hunting scum. Zexy's claim being unknown diverts attention towards them and away from scum hunting.

I am confused about the votes on Zexy. While I don't like them as they would just lead to wasting a day phase but that is still better than a mislynch.
Never seen an indep being lynched D1, so don't know how that works.

Nobody seems specifically scummy to me now. However Megapod and Alex get some town cred for generating discussion and discussing various issues.

Weird how Pika townreads the both of you in his post. I believe you posted important stuff at the time, but I feel that it's rather weird that he townreaded Megapod when he didn't even contribute that much to the play.

Well, I couldn't get a read on who Elieson might have Town checked, so for now, I will...

Vote: AussieEevee

I keep feeling off about him, and after reading back, he seems pretty defensive, especially with this line:
I don't like it

The little fiasco between Aussie Eevee and Megapod went unnoticed, but I think it's rather suspicious. He pretty much voted for Aussie Eevee for a petty reason, which was that Aussie Eevee thought that Mido wouldn't forget about their role.

He attempted to escalate it by saying that he seemed pretty defensive, but that'd be a natural reaction to such a petty vote.

I think this warrants attention, especially that Megapod has attempted to look townie by blending in, however I think he's scum.

Thus,
Vote: Megapod

My second scumread is Elementar. He's pretty much been more inactive than me as far as I believe which makes it even harder to read him, but this one post seems off to me.

I do have an anti-scum role. It could work as town leader if needed. And I apologise. I misjudged Zexy's claim. I didn't expect that sort of play from them.

Weird how he's saying he has an anti-scum role, but after Elieson died, he didn't bother to rally the people anymore. Also, it feels weird that the mafia hasn't done an attempt to attack him if he really had such a role.

Arata pretty much summed up the reasons why I think MegaPod could be scum, in addition to his vote on Pika being the most likely to be a bus vote based on timing and reasoning for the vote, or lack thereof. But before voting i will wait for MegaPod's response. @MegaPod what say ye?

I was wrong about Eevee. *shrug* I try my best with what I can find, 'k? I'm sorry if my poor play sometimes comes as a hindrance to Town's efforts. I'm also a bit busy to look for a new scumread at the moment, so for now I'll just claim. I'm an all-purpose Bomb. Someone responsible for my death, whether by lynch or nightkill, will die with me. So I suggest you reconsider your votes lest another Townie likely die with me, but I understand if this won't be enough to change your minds.

Okay, you gave me all I wanted to hear and even more. I also like your case on MegaPod and dislike the bomb-who-can-also-kill-if-lynched claim.

Unvote: Arata Kiyoshi Miku
Vote: MegaPod

Sorry for my inactivity.

Initial thoughts think that it's a desperate claim to avoid a lynch. But SoaringDylan should be in the game, so I expect a bomb somewhere. There's no CC, so, I'm actually inclined to believe them.

Night 4: Honeymoon Interrupted
Night 4: Honeymoon Interrupted

Midorikawa was suspicious. Although her honeymoon with Zexy had mostly been magnificent so far, there were a few niggling questions in the back of her brain ever since the discovery of Pikochu's body in their limo's trunk.
As she relaxed on the resort's luxurious bed, she let her thoughts flow uninterrupted.
"Not many people would have had access to our car before or during the ceremony," she mused, "myself, Zexy, Maniacal Engineer, and maybe one or two other staff members. Zexy and I were rarely alone during that time, and Maniacal Engineer was running late and only arrived just in time to begin the ceremony. Besides, why would he form an alliance against himself?"
Her mind continued to wander, as she pondered Zexy's absences during their honeymoon. Though he never said anything, Zexy would occasionally disappear for a few hours. He'd inevitably turn up, having apparently either gotten lost somewhere in the massive resort or blundering around trying to complete a random task he had gotten himself side tracked on. In fact, he had been gone for quite a while now.
Mido stretched and sat up. It was probably nothing, but with all the strange things happening, ME needed to know about her suspicions. Besides, she could use someone to talk to, and her husband was constantly disappearing.
She picked up her cellphone and began to dial.

Maniacal Engineer was sitting in his study, looking over his notes on the events from the past couple of days, since the communications blackout. He was saddened to learn about the death of Elementar, and he was equally eager to find the identity of the traitor who had caused the communications failure. His phone rang, and he glanced at it over the top of his reading glasses. The caller ID read: "Midorikawa."
"Interesting," thought the engineer, and picked up.

A dial tone met his ears.

Back in the resort, Mido slumped over, as the dagger that Zexy had plunged into her chest took its toll on her. Blood seeped from the wound, as her husband looked at her coldly.

"Why couldn't you have just left things alone?" he asked, "we could have spent the rest of our lives together happily, but you figured me out and tried to alert Maniacal Engineer. Couldn't have that, now could I?"
His only response was spluttering and blood seeping out of his wife's mouth, as she keeled over towards her pillow.
"I'm sure you're wondering why I joined this alliance against Maniacal Engineer," he said, sighing and running his fingers through his hair, "it's quite simple, really. I hate him. He stole the Fun and Games section from me. I should have been Section Head, not him. Instead, I'm forced to play the blundering sidekick to an egotistical buffoon who steals credit for the hard work that other people do."

Zexy fumed for several moments.
"Do you have any idea how agonizing it is to pretend to be a clumsy idiot for the amusement of that madman?" he practically shouted.
Mido coughed and spoke softly.
"But I fell in love with that clumsy idiot," she said, her hand trailing weakly towards her husband.
"He was never real," spat Zexy.
Suddenly, Mido's eyes regained focus, and her hand dived under the pillow to pull out a gun, which she pointed at her husband.
"That's all I needed to know," she said, firing several rounds into the Greek moderator, who crumpled.
The last of her energy, and bullets, spent, Mido's eyes dimmed as the life left her body.

In this installment of the ME movies Feenie you are acting as Zexy

60633.jpg

I'm Zexy and ME is not, therefore he must die

The Zexiest player alive, who is married to the sexiest player alive, but she doesn't know that you are actually aligned with Enzap and The Alliance of Doom and Stuff, but you are also strong, VERY strong.

You are a Lover, meaning you die, your lover dies with you, but you are also the Strongman, meaning that once during the game, you can use the action of Night x (player) you get to bypass any other actions affecting that target, like the doc.

You are allied with The Alliance of Doom and Stuff and win when all opposing factions are dead and you are unopposed in generically taking over the universe like the villains you are.
In this installment of the ME movies MegaPod you are acting as Midorikawa

60395.jpg

Why can't I just Enjoy my honeymoon in peace?!?

You just married your lover, Zexy, in a marriage that was most pronominal, but of course you get wrapped up in this mess during your honeymoon. Oh well, here's to hoping neither of you die.

You are a Lover with Zexy meaning if he dies, you die too.

You are allied with ME and his Ragtag Bunch of Misfits, you win when all opposing factions are dead and their mooks are left with no one to follow.

Maniacal Engineer crossed the police tape somberly and looked around the room, taking in the scene of the blood and the two dead bodies of his friends.
"Looks like they offed each other," said Scarlet Sky, who had secured the area.
"A shame," sighed ME, looking older than usual, "I had really wished the best for these starcrossed lovers. Alas, it seems as though it was not meant to be."

Mido's phone lay on the bed, next to her body. It had been recording everything, since Zexy had stabbed her. ME stopped the recording and pocketed the phone.
"I'll listen to that later," he said, shrugging.
Sky nodded, and ME turned to leave the room. He paused in the doorway and took one last look around at the carnage.
"Nothing more we can do for either of them," he said, sighing once again and shaking his head sadly, "a pity. A real pity."

With that, he walked back into the twilight.

It is now Night 4. Phase ends in 24 hours at 9:00pm U.S. Central Time on 9/9/17.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom