• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

They're just the names for Necrozma's new forms, it's not related to Lycanroc at all.
People had a confusion that Twilight may indicate both Dawn and Dusk so these names clear those doubt . Anyways the " new light " is the orange one so it is possible that we might not receive a new form aswell .

Oh dear. It's like they looked at Black2 and White2 and said let's just copy and paste that without the good bits, ie not a sequel.

So far with 2 months to go before the release we have a rehashed form difference for Lycanroc and a rehashed 3rd legend fusion concept and that's it.

Oh dear. It's like they looked at Black2 and White2 and said let's just copy and paste that without the good bits, ie not a sequel.

So far with 2 months to go before the release we have a rehashed form difference for Lycanroc and a rehashed 3rd legend fusion concept and that's it.
Tbh, I would have expected a new signature moves instead of the same one, like they with Black Kyurem which is "Freeze Shock" and White Kyurem with "Ice Burn" or some sort of new exclusive Z-move.

Something tells me they are putting all their effort and resources into a switch game in 2018.

We know one is coming the financial statement said 2018 or later so I think they are throwing everything at that 2018 target and everything else is taking a back seat in comparison.

For example, July 2018 what are they going to give away as part of the 21st movie distribution as things stand? AZs Floette? Pikachu with yet another hat?

Something tells me they are putting all their effort and resources into a switch game in 2018.

We know one is coming the financial statement said 2018 or later so I think they are throwing everything at that 2018 target and everything else is taking a back seat in comparison.

For example, July 2018 what are they going to give away as part of the 21st movie distribution as things stand? AZs Floette? Pikachu with yet another hat?
I think 2019 would be a better year for Switch game, it looks like they won't have it on time for 2018, if they'r still development, if it's Gen VIII, 2019 would make more since, I want the game to be good enough instead of rushed, let them take their time on it.

Tbh, I would have expected a new signature moves instead of the same one, like they with Black Kyurem which is "Freeze Shock" and White Kyurem with "Ice Burn" or some sort of new exclusive Z-move.
Tbh I believe there will be more moves. We know very less about them at this point to make a valid judgment.

It was never supposed to be a sequel. But i don't think it'll be a complete rehash. I'm pretty positive that there wil be many changes to the characters and the story. as for new Alolan formes, I guess we'll have to wait for the directs.

Yeah, no. There's really no point to a fourth Lycanroc. The two extra Lycanroc placeholders are likely just Totem Midday/Midnight. Aside from that, Dusk combines both features from Midday and Midnight already and it has both of the signature moves.

Because Amity Square sucked. At least with it being a routes-only thing, it would still generally feel like your Pokémon getting to go places with you.

I myself have previously theorized that the Walking Pokémon may be restricted to routes, so I suppose it'd be absurd of me to say that this one seems unbelievable based on that... actually, I think the leak that puts that idea forward seems pretty reasonable overall, which is quite a difference from the response I've had to about 98% of the "leaks" thus far.

Responding to this because I forgot to, but I agree that it sucked. I thought about it some more and the routes-only thing would make more sense than it being locked to Amity Square at least.

Well then here's hoping the Switch game seriously kicks ass, because right now it feels like all they're doing is squandering all of the energy and attention that SM brought back to the franchise.

Honestly, I hope these games flop hard.

Well ideally they'd confound all expectations and we realise Game Freak has been keeping a dozen or so aces up their sleeves. However if the games are blatant cash grabs as they currently seem then yes I'd hope GF get a backlash and dismal sales to discourage them from ever pulling the same trick again.

It's been more than 3 months and so far the biggest selling point has been a palette swap for a single Pokemon which can't even be obtained through normal game play. This is the first time since Diamond and Pearl that I am not pre ordering. I will wait for the release and reaction then decide whether to ask for them for Christmas or not.

Why some people can't just wait instead of screaming at the wind "UH,this game will fucking flop,fuck everyone that preorder them or will play them lmao,these games are the worst xdxd"

seriously...

some people can't even wait today,AND I KNOW that we got nothing for three months,but really....WE MIGHT have something tomorrow,and like it happened with BW2,it might be the first drop of huge things

Why some people can't just wait instead of screaming at the wind "UH,this game will fucking flop,fuck everyone that preorder them or will play them lmao,these games are the worst xdxd"

seriously...

some people can't even wait today,AND I KNOW that we got nothing for three months,but really....WE MIGHT have something tomorrow,and like it happened with BW2,it might be the first drop of huge things

I'm betting tomorrow will just be a "reveal" that the two box legendaries are Necrozma forms.

I can't blame anyone who wants to see the games flop at this point because they haven't given us anything yet to make us remotely interested in the games. So far we've gotten Necrozma/SM Mascot fusions, event exclusive Ashwolf aka Lycanroc recolor, and oh yay brand new selfie mode. And the games were announced in June? If the games are hiding anything worthwhile, they should probably announce it soon or there will be a reasonable lack of preorders. If it turns out that the games really are just Sun and Moon, now with more Necrozma, though- yeah, I really hope they flop hard.

What I find a bit sad is that it's like... if they pulled this with Zygarde, it would have been better? Zygarde's a reasonably popular legendary with an interesting form mechanic, so a game focused on it would have garnered some interest. But Necrozma is... not a particularly popular pokemon to my knowledge and its form mechanic is a repeat of what we saw with Kyurem.

So far these games really aren't selling themselves.

Honestly, I hope these games flop hard.
Don't worry they won't.
We'll no doubt get more info than just ultra Solgaleo and Lunala. If anything no probably just talk about the actual story or what's changed besides the new forms of course

Don't worry they won't.
We'll no doubt get more info than just ultra Solgaleo and Lunala. If anything no probably just talk about the actual story or what's changed besides the new forms of course
Didn't you said that your Pokémon center was doing something huge?

I legitimately don't understand why people want a video game to be a bad experience. Why do people want bad video games?
We don't WANT it to. It's just that, given that Game Freak seems to be skipping out on giving us more content, people want a lack of sales so Game Freak doesn't try to pull a stun like this again.

Back
Top Bottom