• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation What's this prism-looking white silhouette?

what if its a new legendary? that will free them from necrozma?

PLOT TWIST: It's a brand new Pokemon!!! Doubtful, but hey that'd be cool too right? lolz

The new trailer showed this thing again, I'm very curious.

Used to think it was Necrozma sans armor, but I'm now leaning toward a new story-relevant UB.

Could be the thing that was about to come out of the wormhole (if they didn't show Nihilego, it's totally something else this time around).

what if its a new legendary? that will free them from necrozma?

PLOT TWIST: It's a brand new Pokemon!!! Doubtful, but hey that'd be cool too right? lolz

Plot twist: It's actually Tapu Alola, the leader of the Island Guardians, the creator of the Z-Crystals, and Necrozma's nemesis!

This is actually eerily well in the realm of reality, no joke xD
Yeach, I can definitely see Game Freak going for it too! BTW, what do you think it's type should be? I'm thinking Ghost/Fairy in order to counter Necrozma's Psychic typing and to emphasize it being the head spirit of Alola. I'm not sure about Tapu Alola's ability though.

I'll be disappointed if it isn't named Tapu 'Lola...

Yeach, I can definitely see Game Freak going for it too! BTW, what do you think it's type should be? I'm thinking Ghost/Fairy in order to counter Necrozma's Psychic typing and to emphasize it being the head spirit of Alola. I'm not sure about Tapu Alola's ability though.
Maybe Dark/Fairy with Darkness/Spiritual Surge which benefits both dark and ghost types?

I'll be disappointed if it isn't named Tapu 'Lola...

Maybe Dark/Fairy with Darkness/Spiritual Surge which benefits both dark and ghost types?
Wouldn't that typing imply the Tapu's boss to be evil or at least highly destructive? I don't think that would reflect good on the Tapu's reputation. It is a cool idea though, and it would certainly make things much more interesting for sure!

Wouldn't that typing imply the Tapu's boss to be evil or at least highly destructive? I don't think that would reflect good on the Tapu's reputation. It is a cool idea though, and it would certainly make things much more interesting for sure!

It could have the "Misunderstood Hero" image like Darkrai. Would make for an interesting Pokémon.

It could have the "Misunderstood Hero" image like Darkrai. Would make for an interesting Pokémon.
So Tapu 'Lola is a Hero with Bad Publicity? Sounds good to me! All we need now is for it to feed off of destruction, but instead chooses to use this power to stop the destruction instead of letting it happen to gain more power. Also, it should look more like the Strange Souvenir than any of the other Tapus currently do.

People are thinking the leak stating Lusie's takin' a "chill pill" to mean we're getting an Ice UB that will replace Nihilego in the story. Given that Burst and Assembly have replaced Buzzwole and Pheromosa in story role, I wouldn't be surprised if all the UBs are replaced just to hype up the "Ultra" in the name.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom