• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

By defeating a Pokémon after it has succesfully called for help, you get double the EVs from that Pokémon. That means that if you mix together Pokérus and a Power Item, you can get a lot of EVs at once.
Example, you can get 36 HP EVs from a simple Caterpie.

Question I have, regarding most generations, actually.
I know that after you let loose a legendary to roam around, having a Synchronizer on the party will do nothing at all. However, will a Synchronizer affect when you let it loose, when it's personality value is generated?
I ask this because I had a Bold Synchronizer when I let my Cresselia on Diamond loose, and when I caught it, it was actually Bold. So, did I get insanely lucky with a 4% chance of the nature I want to actually be on her, or was it only 50%, because the Synchronizer actually works when letting loose the Pokémon?
I'm gonna test it anyway, but just to be on the safe side, y' know.
Tested it: Out of 6 Latias, none came Timid. Oh, the sadness, the shiny Latias I'mma hunt may not be the most optimal nature. I'm saaaad...

You've probably already realized this at this point, but to fully confirm it for you, Synchronize does zilch for roamers, no matter how/when you try to use it. It only works on regular encounters, not the roamers. Your Cresselia's nature was pure luck and a total coincidence, it had nothing to do with your Synchronize Mon. I've tried this myself before and always came up empty-handed. So, simply put, no, Synchronize does absolutely nothing when it comes to roaming legends. You just got very lucky there and nothing more. Hope that helps.

1- Masuda and shiny charm make the chance as high as 1/512. You'll get there eventually, even if it takes a couple thousand eggs (and that's just pretty bad luck).

2- Swap out the non-Ditto parent with one of your pokemon that you hatched that had better IVs. Keep doing this until you're hatching 4-5IV pokemon, maybe even 6IVs, but that's only when you're lucky.

Hi All,

So I was thinking about breeding legitimately for competitive play and a good start as always is to have a top IV Ditto. I know a Ditto will not breed with another Ditto and there are plenty of hacked Ditto's with 6IV of a foreign nature out there, which would be ideal if it wasn't illegal.
The question is, what is the best way to raise a top IV Ditto to start the breeding process?
This can be applied to generation 6 & 7. would like to hear the community's opinion on this.

Thank you!

Hi All,

So I was thinking about breeding legitimately for competitive play and a good start as always is to have a top IV Ditto. I know a Ditto will not breed with another Ditto and there are plenty of hacked Ditto's with 6IV of a foreign nature out there, which would be ideal if it wasn't illegal.
The question is, what is the best way to raise a top IV Ditto to start the breeding process?
This can be applied to generation 6 & 7. would like to hear the community's opinion on this.

Thank you!
Hope and pray to the RNG gods.

Really I don't think there's any legit way to guarantee more than 4 IVs (thanks to SOS battles) on anything caught in the wild (could be wrong, someone else correct me if I'm wrong).

Quick question for anyone with the know-how to look into it themselves or who may have seen a tweet from one of the community dataminers at some point, but do Shiny models for the Cap Pikachu variants exist in the game code? On my own, I can't seem to find any proof that they do.

Hi All,

Thank you!

If I remember correctly chaining encounters with Poke Radar raises the chance of more IVs in XY. You could probably do this with the Ditto in the Pokemon Village though it would probably take like a hundred or more unbroken chains.

So, according to the Internet, in Sun and Moon, when the two parents are given to the Day Care service, the number of egg which to hatch shiny is determined at that moment. If that is true, then can we say that, if the two parents have 1/512 chance to hatch shiny, one of the first 512 eggs will definitely be shiny?
Statiscally, that would be correct. If you have a 1/512 chance of getting something out of a bag or something, then somewhere between the first and the 512th time you would get what you want.
However, that is the simplified fraction. The more correct fraction would be 8/4096. The most correct one would be something/65 thousand and a bit more, not sure on the correct number. So, no, it's not certain that you will get the shiny in 512 eggs, unfortunately.

These would be the statistics, it is likely that you will get the shiny on about those percentages, but those are not the chances.
The chances are: 0.02% of finding a shiny without shiny charm on the wild;
0.19% of finding a shiny through Masuda Method.
Every egg has that chance to be shiny, and it doesn't go any higher than that via breeding, except by gen 2, but that's another thing.

These would be the statistics, it is likely that you will get the shiny on about those percentages, but those are not the chances.
The chances are: 0.02% of finding a shiny without shiny charm on the wild;
0.19% of finding a shiny through Masuda Method.
Every egg has that chance to be shiny, and it doesn't go any higher than that via breeding, except by gen 2, but that's another thing.
So in case this is still unclear to anyone, the probably of 1/512 would guarantee a shiny within that... IF there were exactly 512 Pokémon to pull from. Like the example of pulling something out of a bag. If you have 512 marbles and one of them is green, your chance of pulling the Green one increases each time you pull out a marble. HOWEVER. With Pokémon there are an unlimited number of Pokémon available, and each one is randomly generated independent from the others. Which means means that you are just as likely to get a Shiny on your first try as on attempt number 7892. It's more like there are ALWAYS 512 marbles in the bag, so each time you take one out you still only have 1/512 chance of finding the right one, no matter how many you have pulled.
Does that make sense/those who understand the concept is this example correct?

From youtube I can see that battle styles have two parts, the pose and the ball throw.

Apart from wi-fi battles, is there any occasion in game were I can see my character do both the pose and the ball throw and not just the ball throw?
If so, are there also some occasions where I can see my trainer doing the post from the front?

Nah, that's the only place where you'll see the pose, on online battles. Everywhere else, just the ball throw.

As you can't trade Z Crystals and the Bank Mewnium Z seems to be a one time thing, will I just lose it when I restart my copy of Moon? I accidentally took it/just got it send to my game when I accessed Bank a while ago...

Ok so is something I'm desperate to know and I can't find this information anywhere on the internet.

So I know that you can contract pokerus in a wild battle in G/S/C, and that the Chance is 3:65536.

What I don't know is if you have to defeat the wild pokemon to contract the virus, or if you can simply run from the battle and still get infected.

I have never gotten pokerus in any of my playthroughs and I really want to know if I should try to defeat more wild pokemon, or if I can continue to run from them.

I'd be very thankful to any answers or any advice to where else I could ask this (y)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom